• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I don't know where to get .50 cal ammo. But if anyone else is going to have any I'd love to buy just a few rounds from someone. Just 2 or 3. I know thEy aren't cheap.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Just wondering... is it a semi or a bolt ? No LC hhhhmmmmmmm..... If you guys seen the new video on my site you would notice the long belt of cash sitting on top of the M2HB...... the 50 is just way too cool but you gotta announce that thing going off on a range as crowded as we will have.... Fire in the whole....

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Just wondering... is it a semi or a bolt ? No LC hhhhmmmmmmm..... If you guys seen the new video on my site you would notice the long belt of cash sitting on top of the M2HB...... the 50 is just way too cool but you gotta announce that thing going off on a range as crowded as we will have.... Fire in the whole....

Bolt bushmaster ba50. No you have to let eve.ryone know, the muzzle blast is huge. That's why I asked if we should bring it, if it will be that crowded. Some people do get annoyed with it

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I don't know where to get .50 cal ammo. But if anyone else is going to have any I'd love to buy just a few rounds from someone. Just 2 or 3. I know thEy aren't cheap.

I'd buy a couple of rounds with you - I dunno if they come in single shots or a box...?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I just checked the web site, and it doesn't say they're prohibited...

Yep. I checked that too, before asking. However, I also checked the rules for the other DNR ranges and they don't list most of the rules that are posted on site either. However, I do know that the rules vary from range to range.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Bolt bushmaster ba50. No you have to let eve.ryone know, the muzzle blast is huge. That's why I asked if we should bring it, if it will be that crowded. Some people do get annoyed with it

Just take it to the 200 yard range...and now I have to go to cabelas:(

^This!
    Just like melensdad grendal (??sp??) that you shoot barney with the .50 cal is best suited for the longer range away from the rest crowd. Granted we could probably use it on the 25 yard once we have complete control of that section like we tend to do and just fire that and nothing else.

Yep. I checked that too, before asking. However, I also checked the rules for the other DNR ranges and they don't list most of the rules that are posted on site either. However, I do know that the rules vary from range to range.

Correct and the concern I have. I can't find anything online regarding if it's a no-no or not. The rules posted at WINAMAC are shown here:
    nwi-ingo_201108-outing_008.jpg

& they don't say anything about caliber size. We have had muzzle loaders at 50 cal before I think. Worse thing that happens is they stop us from using it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @WD did you ever get an answer for this?
    I posted elsewhere on INGO about this and just want to make sure any IL friends are OK.

See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._il_resident_bring_a_gun_to_in_dnr_range.html

So, you're saying it's Indiana state law that the handgun be unloaded and in a locked container (for an Illinois resident)?

There's no distinction between secure and locked?

@ryknoll3
    Can you please remind me to try out the Walter 22 with the suppressor.
    That is what I'm looking forward to shoot but with all the stuff going on I tend to forget to shoot. :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Based on that pciture, I would say you are good to go.

Also, there's a world of difference between .50 cal muzzleloader and .50 BMG. Restrictions on .50 cal ammunition are based on concerns over case size ... not projectile diameter.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    @WD did you ever get an answer for this?
    I posted elsewhere on INGO about this and just want to make sure any IL friends are OK.

I was under the impression that Illinois residents traveling in Indiana do NOT need to transport in a locked container. Though, a locked container would exceed the minimum standard that it be secured. It just needs to be unloaded and inside a containter (same requirement as their home state, Illinois). Ammunition can be in the container.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Yeah, someone needs to get ammo prices and coordinate a buy for the 50BMG. I doubt many people are gonna go thru more than a few rounds.

Like I said, I can't afford to shoot more than 2 or 3 rounds, but by god I'm not gonna miss a chance at it.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Yeah, someone needs to get ammo prices and coordinate a buy for the 50BMG. I doubt many people are gonna go thru more than a few rounds.

Like I said, I can't afford to shoot more than 2 or 3 rounds, but by god I'm not gonna miss a chance at it.
    54.99 online @ Cabelas for 10 rounds of fmj

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone else want in? I'd need the cash up front if I go, I'm so broke it's not even funny.

with tax that's $6 a round. I'd call to make sure they have it in the store first, if so I'm up for 2..

Well that's 4 rounds & only 6 more to go. Does the Hammond store have them in stock?

I have to go to Cabela's and pick up a $5 gift card for the event. I can pick up that ammo if you like as well. Heck put me down for 1 round while we are at it. So that is only 5 more rounds we need.

-Jedi

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Well that's 4 rounds & only 6 more to go. Does the Hammond store have them in stock?

I have to go to Cabela's and pick up a $5 gift card for the event. I can pick up that ammo if you like as well. Heck put me down for 1 round while we are at it. So that is only 5 more rounds we need.

-Jedi

Count me in for 3 rounds total. So if I talk my dad into coming I can share one and still have 2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom