• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Tell them about the church tax in Germany that still exists.

Window tax? Nah, gun tax: buy a gun or pay a tax!

In Haiti your property tax goes up based on how many levels your house has and if it's ever "finished". So all the buildings have exposed rebar on the top with plans to add on "at some point" to save on taxes.

People anywhere will do anything to avoid taxes, not just the evil rich

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    I hope no one was holding their breath for the Supreme Court to side with individual liberty, regarding the health care law. SCOTUS is comprised of hand-picked Establishment lackeys, who rise to the top in Washington D.C. for a reason.

John Roberts by his own admission is good friends with Richard Haass, head of the CFR. If being appointed by George Bush didn't make him enough of a globalist insider.

481948_403077603063080_2111133132_n.jpg

Nothing I've read to date compares to the truth put forth by this Rambone post. Thank you and well done! The globalists win another round.

There was someone on this site who occasionally brought up secession. He hasn't brought up that topic in a while...I'll bet we hear from him on this one though! I'll bet that topic comes out into the public spotlight now.

I'd rep you if I could...but...

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    In Haiti your property tax goes up based on how many levels your house has and if it's ever "finished". So all the buildings have exposed rebar on the top with plans to add on "at some point" to save on taxes.

People anywhere will do anything to avoid taxes, not just the evil rich

Some people in Bosnia kept dirt floors in otherwise nice houses to avoid taxes.

The single biggest contributor to creating criminals is the tax code.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    obama-messiah hired an additional approximately 4000 new IRS agents hired specifically to enforce the health care tax. The only way not to pay it is to take all your money out of the banks, any savings you have in other areas, and pay your bills by going to your bank each month and get a bank check. They will take the money (tax) out of any account you have, so you can't have any.

But in come the new 4000 storm troopers, each with their district to come to your house and either demand payment, or forcibly remove you. And they will love doing it. But stand up to the knock at the door and the news media will label you a domestic terrorist, a nut case, but never a true patriot.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Obama made it clear in several discussions that this is just the first step. He is for single payer. I am not sure how he is going to get closer to that with this decision.

Here is how it will work:
    Home Depot, PNC Bank, Purdue University, McDonalds, Lilly, etc. are going to run the numbers. If it is cheaper to pay the government a tax for not offering healthcare than offering healthcare, they will not offer healthcare. There will be no law requiring the millions, maybe even tens of millions, they save be passed on as wage increases for employees. Employees will be left to then either get healthcare through a private company (like Anthem) or they will pay a penalty tax when they complete their taxes.

Employees themselves will then do the math. Will the tax to the government be cheaper than buying healthcare? If it is thousands of dollars cheaper to just pay the tax, they will do that and go on Medicaid and/or use ERs as their doctor's office. If the employee has money banked, then they may be better off buying insurance. However, if the employee is pretty much a paycheck to paycheck type, with minimal assets, they could go on Medicaid. Even if they don't go on Medicaid, folks could use ERs as their go to place for medical care. It will likely be cheaper to pay your local hospital $20/month and the government tax than to buy healthcare. In fact, my guess is that you will see Drs. opening clinics charging just $40 or so. This is already the case in some areas of the country. You go in, pay a more fair amount, and get questions answered, scrips written, etc..

However, the flood of tens of millions to medicaid will result in the need for a complete national healthcare model. This will mean federal taxes in the 50% range. Again, if the governments and companies don't pass on their savings, you will likely see anywhere from $200-$800+ per paycheck in taxes. This is how it works in Canada...federal taxes are about 50% due to their healthcare system.

Under the national healthcare model, people are going to be doing what they want, and letting others pay for it. Healthcare benefits are a huge part of why many employees stay in their positions. If the employee can afford it, don't be surprised to see folks bail from $50K/year jobs to $25K/year jobs doing what they love. You will get the exact same healthcare, and for low paying jobs, you won't pay no where near 50% federal income taxes. If you want to go work at a gun store part-time that will pay enough to barely cover the bills, you will be able to do that. If you want to work for an outdoor outfitting company that doesn't pay jack, you will be able to do that and not have to worry about healthcare.

The downside is that anyone with serious illness will likely not get the same standard of care we have now. All the hospitals along the Canadian borders offer their services to those in Canada who can afford them. I've only spoken with a handful of Canadian people, and none of them are happy with their system, mostly because you are just a number and get treated as such. Death panels won't be needed, because people won't be willing to invest the time and money for medical education if they think they will be making $75K/year less for that position, and be looking at huge taxes due to national healthcare.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this country once we go single payer and federal income taxes hit the 50%ish levels.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Can someone explain to me what is so darned bad about this?

The people in charge decided they wanted something, and they got it.

We have to pay for it wether we like it or not.

If we REALLY dont like it, we vote people in to get rid of it.

How is this not just another day in paradise? Because a few old lawyers with extremly secure jobs decided to let it slide on thru?

Why is SECESSION!

Going to be brought up, people talking about the day the music died, Obammy he be comin for yo guns, and all the rest?

Its just another big government program, that we are going to have to pay for....like we have been all of our lives.

Can someone explain to me what is so deep dark bad about this?

I honestly dont understand, on the scale of all the things the government does to us on a daily basis, THIS is the worst thing they have ever done?

They take our LIVES if it suits them.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace

How is this not just another day in paradise? Because a few old lawyers with extremly secure jobs decided to let it slide on thru?

Why is SECESSION!

Going to be brought up, people talking about the day the music died, Obammy he be comin for yo guns, and all the rest?

Its just another big government program, that we are going to have to pay for....like we have been all of our lives.

I honestly dont understand, on the scale of all the things the government does to us on a daily basis, THIS is the worst thing they have ever done?

I'm like the only person who hasn't given up or lost hope.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    How sad of a state of affairs we've come to when our legislators and president enact laws that upon simple reading of the constitution are, to the casual observer, unconstitutional and our judicial branch looks for loop holes to find the laws constitutional...

But worry not...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/06/cantor-house-will-vote-on-repeal-week-of-july-127555.html

It was fun while it lasted :D

Very well put. I'm going to quote that line when I write my Reps in Washington, (not that it will do much good but at least I'll have expressed my thoughts on the matter).

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

This comes down to basic health. Right now, I can do a lot of things that are legal, but could have a very big negative impact on my health. Those things are going to be targeted very soon. NYC is already doing this. They went after tobacco. Now they are going after sugar water (soft drinks). They also have decided to look at limiting how much popcorn one can consume. This is where we are heading. I just looked at the new smoking law for the state. This country is getting worse and worse.

Pretty soon, there will be so many laws in this country, the only way not to break a law will be to sit at home and collect welfare. Of course, if you recycle one aluminum can to make some extra money on welfare and don't report it as income, you will likely break a law!! There will be so many laws, in order to follow one law, you will be forced to break another. We are talking hundreds and thousands of pages of rules and regulations.

For those like me who have worked hard and saved hard, national healthcare will be great so long as we stay healthy. I will be able to let some other sucker work my $50/year job where I work weekends and Holidays away from family and pay $25K/year to the government. I could get a job doing something cool like working in a gun store, at a gun range, etc., making just enough to cover my basics (food, water, car, an extra grand or two for vacations) and may minimal taxes, but have the same level of healthcare as the suckers paying $25K/year plus in taxes.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

Why is SECESSION!

The way in which the affordable healthcare act was upheld has set the precedence for future taxing of behavior, that is why this is so bad. Yes, the healthcare portion of it is bad in and of itself but the precedence is much worse.

A tax on carbon emission now easily constitutional. Heck, having more than one child (or even a child) can now be taxed and espouted as constitutional. Any behavior can be taxed because of this ruling.

Freedom to do as you see fit is out the window with this ruling. If the .gov gets to a single payer healthcare system, your gonna eat what they tell you to or be taxed. Worst, your given a specific diet to follow and if you get a lethal if not treated sickness but because you didn't follow your prescribed nutritional guides, the death panel decides your not worthy to be treated. I believe those are the kinds of decisions we as humans make regarding our cattle.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I expect this is going to super-charge the TEA Party for the fall elections. I recall listening to some speculation that if this happened, Chief Justice Roberts (who is being excoriated even as I write this) would side with the majority so he could write the opinion. Upholding the individual mandate as a power of Congress to tax should serve as a lesson to all of us that we need to severely limit Congress' power to tax us.

This is my opinion as well. I think if it had been overturned it actually would have been better for Obama in a election year.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've had some time to think about this ruling, and honestly it could do more damage to Obama than good.

The fact they're calling it a tax is huge. The fact it's being painted as the largest tax increase in the history of the world is also huge. The fact it's a massive tax increase during one of the worst economic times in the history of our nation is also pretty big.

This ruling is likely to galvanize the opposition to Obama and drive the politics of the next Presidential election. I don't think it bodes well for him, I don't see how this ruling will help him. We're already seeing the Republican leadership pushing for a vote (more symbolic than anything) for July 11th to repeal Obamacare. This is going to make some considerable political hay for Republicans, and it could be just what they needed to actually beat Obama in November.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The way in which the affordable healthcare act was upheld has set the precedence for future taxing of behavior, that is why this is so bad. Yes, the healthcare portion of it is bad in and of itself but the precedence is much worse.

A tax on carbon emission now easily constitutional. Heck, having more than one child (or even a child) can now be taxed and espouted as constitutional. Any behavior can be taxed because of this ruling.

Freedom to do as you see fit is out the window with this ruling. If the .gov gets to a single payer healthcare system, your gonna eat what they tell you to or be taxed. Worst, your given a specific diet to follow and if you get a lethal if not treated sickness but because you didn't follow your prescribed nutritional guides, the death panel decides your not worthy to be treated. I believe those are the kinds of decisions we as humans make regarding our cattle.

I'd just be happy with those who have children paying the same as those who don't.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've had some time to think about this ruling, and honestly it could do more damage to Obama than good.

The fact they're calling it a tax is huge. The fact it's being painted as the largest tax increase in the history of the world is also huge. The fact it's a massive tax increase during one of the worst economic times in the history of our nation is also pretty big.

This ruling is likely to galvanize the opposition to Obama and drive the politics of the next Presidential election. I don't think it bodes well for him, I don't see how this ruling will help him. We're already seeing the Republican leadership pushing for a vote (more symbolic than anything) for July 11th to repeal Obamacare. This is going to make some considerable political hay for Republicans, and it could be just what they needed to actually beat Obama in November.

So are you implying that the repubs would allow such a monumental breach of liberty just to ensure 4 years of republican presidency? Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Top Bottom