• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The most troubling line of all in this decision, "When a court confronts an unconstitutional statue its endeavor must be to conserve, not destroy the legislation," Roberts wrote.

Think about the implications that line poses for future decisions.

I thought that if the SCOTUS upheld obamacare it would be Kennedy who swung. I am horribly disappointed in Roberts. First the Arizona ruling, and now this. He has obviously turned to the dark side. This statement confirms it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I thought that if the SCOTUS upheld obamacare it would be Kennedy who swung. I am horribly disappointed in Roberts. First the Arizona ruling, and now this. He has obviously turned to the dark side. This statement confirms it.

Romney's nominees won't be like Bush's nominees.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    578101_386095674761273_1463310187_n.jpg

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So are you implying that the repubs would allow such a monumental breach of liberty just to ensure 4 years of republican presidency? Sounds like a fair trade to me.
    I don't believe the Republican leadership had much of a hand at all in this ruling at all, I don't see how they could. But I do believe it may just work to their favor.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've had some time to think about this ruling, and honestly it could do more damage to Obama than good.

The fact they're calling it a tax is huge. The fact it's being painted as the largest tax increase in the history of the world is also huge. The fact it's a massive tax increase during one of the worst economic times in the history of our nation is also pretty big.

This ruling is likely to galvanize the opposition to Obama and drive the politics of the next Presidential election. I don't think it bodes well for him, I don't see how this ruling will help him. We're already seeing the Republican leadership pushing for a vote (more symbolic than anything) for July 11th to repeal Obamacare. This is going to make some considerable political hay for Republicans, and it could be just what they needed to actually beat Obama in November.

Exactly... here's hoping though (I think)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Indeed they are... simply two sides of the same bastardized coin.

About the only thing I can add to this is that with obama-messiah we are guaranteed the road to ruin. With Romney there is a very slight chance he might actually try to avoid it.

Without that sliver of hope, what else is there?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I don't believe the Republican leadership had much of a hand at all in this ruling at all, I don't see how they could. But I do believe it may just work to their favor.

I agree that this will probably bolster the republican resolve to get Romney elected. Romney for his part will pound his fist and say he's gonna repeal it day 1. The crowd goes wild!!

Too bad it's all bull:poop:

Does anyone honestly believe the republicans won't take full advantage of the precedence this ruling has set? Win for dems and November win for reps and losses all around for liberty and freedom of the citizenry.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    About the only thing I can add to this is that with obama-messiah we are guaranteed the road to ruin. With Romney there is a very slight chance he might actually try to avoid it.

Without that sliver of hope, what else is there?

NO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HOPE. THERE IS NO HOPE. WERE ARE ALL SCREWED. ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IS MISPLACED. THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE.

I'm disgusted how easily people are promoting fear and giving up on there country.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Romney's first words since the decision was announced were obviously planned for months but are well-chosen" "It's now clear that the only way to get rid of ObamaCare is to get rid of Obama."

Indeed. Let this be a rallying cry all across this country. The SCOTUS did not say this is good law. Roberts decided that it was not the job of the SCOTUS to save the American people from making bad choices on election day. That duty is left to each of us. We all have a choice to make.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Romney's first words since the decision was announced were obviously planned for months but are well-chosen" "It's now clear that the only way to get rid of ObamaCare is to get rid of Obama."

Indeed. Let this be a rallying cry all across this country. The SCOTUS did not say this is good law. Roberts decided that it was not the job of the SCOTUS to save the American people from making bad choices on election day. That duty is left to each of us. We all have a choice to make.

HotAir is reporting Romney has raised a million since the announcement.

Top Bottom