• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Seriously, if this is the reaction to the ACA being upheld, I have no faith that most people here are going to collapse if SHTF. Did anyone who was paying attention, seriously think that the SCOTUS was going to toss the entire thing? That was never going to happen. If people want this thing to go away there is only one recourse and that is for congress to repeal it. That was always the only realistic choice. So, call your congress critter, or write them a letter and tell them to get on it. Of course it probably won't get past the senate, but it's a start.

I thought they would strike down the individual mandate. Afterall, the Federal Government couldn't force us to buy a product from a private company due to the fact that we are living and breathing right?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I thought they would strike down the individual mandate. Afterall, the Federal Government couldn't force us to buy a product from a private company due to the fact that we are living and breathing right?

You're right, they can't. And they still can't...though they can tax you for NOT buying it. Which is totally different.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The most troubling line of all in this decision, "When a court confronts an unconstitutional statue its endeavor must be to conserve, not destroy the legislation," Roberts wrote.

Think about the implications that line poses for future decisions.

How sad of a state of affairs we've come to when our legislators and president enact laws that upon simple reading of the constitution are, to the casual observer, unconstitutional and our judicial branch looks for loop holes to find the laws constitutional...

But worry not...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/06/cantor-house-will-vote-on-repeal-week-of-july-127555.html

It was fun while it lasted :D

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Before we condemn Roberts, we need to understand why he did this. Supposedly his writing the opinion saves us from a liberal justice writing it and screwing things up more. (if that's possible) I'm sure we'll get plenty of discussion on this going forward. I can also see flint and powder sales going up.

That makes NO SENSE at all. If he had voted the other way he could have still written the majority opinion.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Can anyone come up with an example of a tax levied for NOT doing something? Not everyone pays a $200 NFA tax, but everyone who chooses to buy a machine gun does. Not everyone pays the 3% federal telephone tax, but everyone with a traditional home phone does.

This, this and this.

Can we be penalized for not paying capital gains taxes despite not having any investments, since we are negatively impacting the economy?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Obamney has spoken on the matter. We can all rest easy now.

"What the Court did today was say that Obama care did not violate the Constitution. They did not say that it is good law or good policy"
    "This is now a time for the American People to make a choice. You can choose whether to have a larger and larger government making intrusions into your life... Or whether instead you want to return to a time where Americans have their own choice in health care."
    "If we want to get rid of Obama care, we are going to have to replace President Obama"

So, his solution? Vote for me. Yeah. That'll work, 'cause you'd never impose something like Obamacare on people.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't see how Obama's worshipers would be happy. After all, don't they want free healthcare?

Because they don't understand.
    Many of my wife's co-workers DROPPED their insurance because "Obama will take care of us". My wife has tried to explain to them that it doesnt work that way, they HAVE available healthcare, nd if they choose not to accept it, will be fined, but they don't believe her..

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Obamney has spoken on the matter. We can all rest easy now.

So, his solution? Vote for me. Yeah. That'll work, 'cause you'd never impose something like Obamacare on people.

We have to vote for Romney if for no other reason than supreme court nominees. If we don't get republican nominees on the bench, all will be lost.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    We have to vote for Romney if for no other reason than supreme court nominees. If we don't get republican nominees on the bench, all will be lost.

Roberts was a republican nominee and all is lost.....it makes no difference anymore. This country has been circling the drain for a long time. At least we are now on the fast ride down!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

Exactly!!! I'm glad you're finally coming around and have seen the light. Republicans would never nominate someone for the Supreme Court that would infringe upon my rights. Anybody but Obama!!!!

All this Supreme Court decision did was prove that Republicans and Democrats are far more similar than most would be willing to admit. Romney will not equal change, but simply more government infringement on our rights. Both Obama and Romney will keep our country on the same path, straight toward destruction.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    just sayin............

obama-as-hitler.jpg

You can't blame it on him and only him. He did not wrote the bill that became law. Yes he should have been a checks and balance in the process and vetoed the bill but alas there are lot of other people (in congress) that also deserve a lot of blame.

You're right, they can't. And they still can't...though they can tax you for NOT buying it. Which is totally different.

How? :dunno: This is what I am trying to wrap my mind around.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom