• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Exactly!!! I'm glad you're finally coming around and have seen the light. Republicans would never nominate someone for the Supreme Court that would infringe upon my rights. Anybody but Obama!!!!

All this Supreme Court decision did was prove that Republicans and Democrats are far more similar than most would be willing to admit. Romney will not equal change, but simply more government infringement on our rights. Both Obama and Romney will keep our country on the same path, straight toward destruction.

So, 20% of the Republican nominees vote for it, and 100% of the Democrat nominees vote for it, which means they're all the same. :rolleyes:

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    I'm shocked and saddened. My plan - to find as many people as possible that haven't or won't likely vote....and change that. We have got to get all like-minded mobilized to vote.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Exactly!!! I'm glad you're finally coming around and have seen the light. Republicans would never nominate someone for the Supreme Court that would infringe upon my rights. Anybody but Obama!!!!

All this Supreme Court decision did was prove that Republicans and Democrats are far more similar than most would be willing to admit. Romney will not equal change, but simply more government infringement on our rights. Both Obama and Romney will keep our country on the same path, straight toward destruction.

I wonder if I can make some money off this--enough to pay the new "tax". I'm thinking of selling bailing buckets with the name USA TITANIC on it.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    This is funny.

If we don't elect a conservative president, Obama will put a liberal on the court.

Looks like it doesn't matter.

Because they are the same party.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but I did read most of them.

The sad part of this is that we the people are no longer in control of our government (pending the next election and major changes made). The government can mandate anything as long as if you don't like it, you just pay their blackmail (federal tax) and you can ignore it.

The government mandates that you can only own black cars, but if you want a white one, you pay a $500 tax.
    The government mandates that you cannot by larger than a 16 ounce carbonated drink at a restaurant, but if you want one, you pay a $26 tax.
    The government mandates that you cannot buy a hamburger larger than 1/8 ounce, but if you want a 1/4 pounder, you must pay a $100 tax.
    The government mandates that you must have 10 red rose bushes in your front yard, but if you don't, you must pay a tax of $100 per rose bush.

How far can the government go? Per this ruling, anything is possible as long as the penalty for not doing it is a tax.

And Adolph, Mao, Joseph, and many other despots are laughing in their graves.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Justice Anthony Kennedy, who was thought to be the swing vote on the decision, joined the minority in describing the whole law as invalid.

"The act is invalid in its entirety," Kennedy said from the bench. He went on to say the administration went to "great lengths to structure the mandate as a penalty, not a tax" -- challenging the majority's rationale for upholding the mandate.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

The sad part of this is that we the people are no longer in control of our government (pending the next election and major changes made). The government can mandate anything as long as if you don't like it, you just pay their blackmail (federal tax) and you can ignore it.

The government mandates that you can only own black cars, but if you want a white one, you pay a $500 tax.
    The government mandates that you cannot by larger than a 16 ounce carbonated drink at a restaurant, but if you want one, you pay a $26 tax.
    The government mandates that you cannot buy a hamburger larger than 1/8 ounce, but if you want a 1/4 pounder, you must pay a $100 tax.
    The government mandates that you must have 10 red rose bushes in your front yard, but if you don't, you must pay a tax of $100 per rose bush.

How far can the government go? Per this ruling, anything is possible as long as the penalty for not doing it is a tax.

Yep...get ready to buy a Government Motors Chevy Volt or pay a penalty....uh.... I mean a "tax"...

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

In Europe they used to tax the number of windows on your house. There's no real limit to the possibilities. And no logic to what the government chooses to tax.

I'm just curious how all the poor folks are going to get theirs, since many of us have insurance and won't be paying a (direct) tax. Where is the revenue going to come from? Taxing the folks who could not afford it in the first place.

Just wait for the federal window tax (The Federal Fair Access to Light Act of 2013) in 3, 2, 1...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I hope no one was holding their breath for the Supreme Court to side with individual liberty, regarding the health care law. SCOTUS is comprised of hand-picked Establishment lackeys, who rise to the top in Washington D.C. for a reason.

John Roberts by his own admission is good friends with Richard Haass, head of the CFR. If being appointed by George Bush didn't make him enough of a globalist insider.

481948_403077603063080_2111133132_n.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, I only see one issue with your circumventing the payment of the tax... They will just levie a civil penalty against you and then charge interest and delinquency fee's based on that...

I believe we are at a all time low....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Jedi, I only see one issue with your circumventing the payment of the tax... They will just levie a civil penalty against you and then charge interest and delinquency fee's based on that...

I believe we are at a all time low....

well, they haven't started confiscating gold, yet.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    In Europe they used to tax the number of windows on your house...Just wait for the federal window tax (The Federal Fair Access to Light Act of 2013) in 3, 2, 1...

Now THAT is funny (or at least it was until some bureaucrat read the post and is now writing the bill).

Top Bottom