Outer space off course!
    Outer_Space_by_Crackler.jpg

I hear that soon you can buy a one way ticket to colonize Mars. :D

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The most troubling line of all in this decision, "When a court confronts an unconstitutional statue its endeavor must be to conserve, not destroy the legislation," Roberts wrote.

Think about the implications that line poses for future decisions.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I fear this is the death knell for our form of government. The founding fathers' efforts to protect us from the oppression of massive government control were all for naught. The floodgates are now wide open and we are now on the slippery slope. It seems to me that "government of the people, by the people, for the people" has indeed now perished from the earth.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The most troubling line of all in this decision, "When a court confronts an unconstitutional statue its endeavor must be to conserve, not destroy the legislation," Roberts wrote.

Think about the implications that line poses for future decisions.

This is the heart of the problem.The words of our Founding fathers are considered flawed,and their sense of the freedom of the individual is seen as rebellion.And so I ask you all,are you as dedicated to freedom as they?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Seriously, if this is the reaction to the ACA being upheld, I have no faith that most people here are going to collapse if SHTF. Did anyone who was paying attention, seriously think that the SCOTUS was going to toss the entire thing? That was never going to happen. If people want this thing to go away there is only one recourse and that is for congress to repeal it. That was always the only realistic choice. So, call your congress critter, or write them a letter and tell them to get on it. Of course it probably won't get past the senate, but it's a start.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don't see how Obama's worshipers would be happy. After all, don't they want free healthcare?
    Some Acorn type group, funded by government grants, will emerge as heathcare consultants, to teach how to game the system. They will find a way to get it for free.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    So this is where Romney comes in with a plan. Romney?? Oh Mitty boy???? Anyone seen him? *crickets*

When we find him we'll be damn sure to vote Republican. We need a strong Republican candidate that would never impose something like this on the people of Massachusetts....err umm......America.

I remember reading about some country that had a real problem with this sort of taxation. Which one was it??? I'm so forgetful.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom