• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    So entering a contract with a private company is now a tax because the IRS gets involved if one does not enter that contract????

It's time for somebody to write a law that mandates that everybody must buy a gun from a private manufacturer, and if they don't the IRS will fine them...

These 5 pieces of trash on the Supreme Court can claim that a private transaction is a tax, but that doesn't make it so anymore than a court can rule that my Pontiac is in fact a Ford.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    This is so much bigger than just the ruling on Obamacare. The decision today by Roberts gives Barack Hussein the WH in November. We have witnessed the last nail in America's coffin this morning. We're done.

If it gives him the WH, then he had it anyway because people would want Nat'l. Healthcare so strongly, they would want Dems in charge to appoint more justices to uphold it in the future.

We will get national healthcare in this country. There is no way around it. If you are healthy, you won't have much of an issue. If you are unhealthy, you will likely not get as good as care as you will now. Just wait till nurses and doctors are told they are going to get a 20% or more paycut! The current system is broke, and national healthcare will be even worse.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Only took 3 pages to get to "OBAMA IS COMING FOR OUR GUNS!".

I am surprised its not on page one.

Should I take that to mean you're saying he won't? Fast and Furious was only a failed attempt. This is going to give him a lift to try anything now.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The Dow Jones is tanking at the moment.....

Spot prices on gold and silver also just took a hit.

Gold at $1,556
    Silver at $26.47

Best of luck everyone. Maybe after the economic collapse enough of us will be left over to fire up the grid and talk on the internet once again.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If it gives him the WH, then he had it anyway because people would want Nat'l. Healthcare so strongly, they would want Dems in charge to appoint more justices to uphold it in the future.

We will get national healthcare in this country. There is no way around it. If you are healthy, you won't have much of an issue. If you are unhealthy, you will likely not get as good as care as you will now. Just wait till nurses and doctors are told they are going to get a 20% or more paycut! The current system is broke, and national healthcare will be even worse.

Obama made it clear in several discussions that this is just the first step. He is for single payer. I am not sure how he is going to get closer to that with this decision.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Can anyone come up with an example of a tax levied for NOT doing something? Not everyone pays a $200 NFA tax, but everyone who chooses to buy a machine gun does. Not everyone pays the 3% federal telephone tax, but everyone with a traditional home phone does.

It is likely I will personally benefit from the decision. I purchase my own health insurance privately. Since being diagnosed with sleep apnea, I am limited to keeping my very, very expensive plan. Indiana does not allow exclusions and thus no one will write a policy. This has always irked me as I do not have excessive medical expenses. In fact, my annual premium for 2012 is more than double the total claims I have had in 13 years.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    We are so screwed as a nation of freedom :(

Got somethen else to say but I will not put it on the webs :xmad: fell free to ask me inperson thow :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, what it all boils down to is that Obamacare is not a mandate. It's a tax. Can't help but wonder where congress goes from here.

Salvaging the idea that Congress did have the power to try to expand health care to virtually all Americans, the Supreme Court on Monday upheld the constitutionality of the crucial – and most controversial — feature of the Affordable Care Act. By a vote of 5-4, however, the Court did not sustain it as a command for Americans to buy insurance, but as a tax if they don’t. That is the way Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., was willing to vote for it, and his view prevailed. The other Justices split 4-4, with four wanting to uphold it as a mandate, and four opposed to it in any form.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    There are some things that I thought I would never see in my lifetime, and I have tried to prepare my kids for the eventuality. I guess I was wrong and we will see them together.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is great news for everyone! Obama has saved us!

Sorry, I wanted to see what it was like to be a politician. Any suggestions on how to get the taste of **** out of my mouth?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom