Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What? Are you from Kentucky?

IC 35-46-1-3
    Incest
    Sec. 3. (a) A person eighteen (18) years of age or older who engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct with another person, when the person knows that the other person is related to the person biologically as a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew, commits incest, a Class C felony. However, the offense is a Class B felony if the other person is less than sixteen (16) years of age.
    (b) It is a defense that the accused person's otherwise incestuous relation with the other person was based on their marriage, if it was valid where entered into.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.6. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.86; P.L.158-1987, SEC.5; P.L.79-1994, SEC.16.

However, once you are 18, and all parties are willing, the law (generally) has no limits.
    Looks to me like it is illegal no matter how old you and your relative are.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    The country has officially become the most screwed up place on the planet. Marrying 12 year olds and polygamy will have to be allowed now. The horse has walked out of the barn cause the door is open. And just how long will it be before some nutcase wants to marry their dog or cat. Guess that should be legal too. Oh, and what about your second cousin. That should not be prohibited either because it would be discriminatory. And the folks in the big city call the folks in the country rednecks. Right.

Love all of these overreactions.

It's slightly easier for SOME gays to get married, and the whole country is going downhill.

Conservatives, they get me every time. :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Love all of these overreactions.

It's slightly easier for SOME gays to get married, and the whole country is going downhill.

Conservatives, they get me every time. :D

I'll remember this when SCOTUS is deciding on CA's other sexual orientation, pedophilia.

It's not like other countries have ped..... oh wait. Awkward.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Really?

Source please!

No prob:

Angola
    Kenya
    Mali
    Niger
    Senegal
    Somalia
    Sudan
    Tanzania
    Tunisia
    Zimbabwe
    Afghanistan
    Azerbaijan
    Brunei
    Georgia
    Hong Kong
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Iraq

Look, I'm only halfway through the 2nd continent. These are places that allow marriage/unions before 18, comparable to US.

I guess it depends what your definition of pedophilia is, though. Do you draw a line at a certain age? CA has already reclassified it as an "orientation". There are also different age ranges with different names. Right now, I'm just speaking at what is considered "rape" in our country - Underaged Sex, Sex with a minor.

So rather, I'll ask your opinion on CA's view of "pedophilia"? Do you think they'll leave it at that, or do you think the minorities (like NAMBLA, et al) will make pushes when they feel the stigma of "young love" isn't so strong?

Last edited:

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    No prob:

Angola
    Kenya
    Mali
    Niger
    Senegal
    Somalia
    Sudan
    Tanzania
    Tunisia
    Zimbabwe
    Afghanistan
    Azerbaijan
    Brunei
    Georgia
    Hong Kong
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Iraq

Look, I'm only halfway through the 2nd continent. These are places that allow marriage/unions before 18, comparable to US.

I guess it depends what your definition of pedophilia is, though. Do you draw a line at a certain age? CA has already reclassified it as an "orientation". There are also different age ranges with different names. Right now, I'm just speaking at what is considered "rape" in our country - Underaged Sex, Sex with a minor.

That's quite the list. Even if these said countries do allow marriage under the age of 18, I fail to see how this has an effect on American politics, specifically homosexual marriage.

I would also like to point out that homosexual marriage is also outlawed, in many cases by death, in a lot of the countries you listed. I would say this proves there isn't a correlation between pedophilia and homosexuality, at least in regards to said countries.

I see your point, but so far I don't see any actual proof that one leads to the other. Is there a country that has both pedophilia (as in the rather broad definition marriage under the age of 18) and homosexual marriage legalized?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The country has officially become the most screwed up place on the planet. Marrying 12 year olds and polygamy will have to be allowed now. The horse has walked out of the barn cause the door is open. And just how long will it be before some nutcase wants to marry their dog or cat. Guess that should be legal too. Oh, and what about your second cousin. That should not be prohibited either because it would be discriminatory. And the folks in the big city call the folks in the country rednecks. Right.

There is this group of people in Topeka Kansas that think the same way you do.... I can give you an address if you like?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    iNzt9.jpg

Top Bottom