• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The country has officially become the most screwed up place on the planet. Marrying 12 year olds and polygamy will have to be allowed now. The horse has walked out of the barn cause the door is open. And just how long will it be before some nutcase wants to marry their dog or cat. Guess that should be legal too. Oh, and what about your second cousin. That should not be prohibited either because it would be discriminatory. And the folks in the big city call the folks in the country rednecks. Right.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, the door is now open to all kinds of stuff now, but I wouldn't whig out over it.:D

To the contrary, consider this:

In the mid-1900's... the very thought and idea of two males or two females being together was preposterous. It was ridiculous. People thought "It'll never happen, this'll never be OK."

Here we are.

In the last decade or so... the very thought and idea of an adult and a child being together was preposterous. It's ridiculous. We think "It'll never happen, this'll never be OK."

And yet, the "normalization" of pedophilia is on the rise. It's constantly being reclassified as a "sexual orientation"... others say "Who are we to say who these people are allowed to love?!"... etc.

Give it another 10-20 years. Pedophilia will be in the SCOTUS as California tries to legalize it. Don't doubt me.

Edit: Just so I'm not talking out of my ass: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...a-as-a-sexual-orientation-google-hangout.html

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Give it another 10-20 years. Pedophilia will be in the SCOTUS as California tries to legalize it. Don't doubt me.

The only thing I doubt about your prediction is the time frame. I don't think it will take another 10-20 years to get there. As far as pedophilia going to the SCOTUS, I think you're right on the mark. Children count for less and less in our society every day, despite the spew to the contrary.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The only thing I doubt about your prediction is the time frame. I don't think it will take another 10-20 years to get there. As far as pedophilia going to the SCOTUS, I think you're right on the mark. Children count for less and less in our society every day, despite the spew to the contrary.

I'm trying not to be too pessimistic about it. I know you're right.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Marriage is not strictly a religious activity. You can get married by a judge.

The state does indeed authorize marriage. Did you have to get a marriage license before you could get married?

State law, and Kirk Freeman could give more detail, does not deal with "Marriage" but rather creates a special partnership. A "ceremony" is not marriage, and the "license" is really merely part of the contract that forms the partnership.

The courts do not deal with broken hearts, love or anything else that we associate with "marriage". The courts only deal with breaking apart a partnership and divesting the property of said partnership (to include children).

Frankly there are no laws forbidding you from having whatever sexual partners that you want. You can live, and have sex with, multiple women. But you can only form a "marriage" partnership with one person. If you want a larger partnership then you have to go to a lawyer and draw up a contract.

You can have sex with a sibling, the state does not care. It only cares about the messes we create by forming partnerships then getting mad at each other.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You can have sex with a sibling, the state does not care. It only cares about the messes we create by forming partnerships then getting mad at each other.

What? Are you from Kentucky?

IC 35-46-1-3
    Incest
    Sec. 3. (a) A person eighteen (18) years of age or older who engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct with another person, when the person knows that the other person is related to the person biologically as a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew, commits incest, a Class C felony. However, the offense is a Class B felony if the other person is less than sixteen (16) years of age.
    (b) It is a defense that the accused person's otherwise incestuous relation with the other person was based on their marriage, if it was valid where entered into.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.6. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.86; P.L.158-1987, SEC.5; P.L.79-1994, SEC.16.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What? Are you from Kentucky?

IC 35-46-1-3
    Incest
    Sec. 3. (a) A person eighteen (18) years of age or older who engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct with another person, when the person knows that the other person is related to the person biologically as a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew, commits incest, a Class C felony. However, the offense is a Class B felony if the other person is less than sixteen (16) years of age.
    (b) It is a defense that the accused person's otherwise incestuous relation with the other person was based on their marriage, if it was valid where entered into.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.6. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.86; P.L.158-1987, SEC.5; P.L.79-1994, SEC.16.

However, once you are 18, and all parties are willing, the law (generally) has no limits.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    However, once you are 18, and all parties are willing, the law (generally) has no limits.

What? A person eighteen (18) years of age or older is a Class C Felony, incest with under 16 is a Class B.

IAALBNYL

Last edited:
    Top Bottom