• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    As for homosexuals being denied rights, sorry but they are always going to feel that they are somehow different and out of step with the mainstream. There is nothing that society can do that will make them feel loved and accepted. Nor can homosexuals force the mainstream to love them which is what they want. The right that they seek is to be loved. Sorry but the mainstream will always reject them as human beings. Gays seem to be stuck in permanent adolescence which may explain why they are rejected.

The two gay guys who walk their dog past my house are married, and do not appear to be HIV+ nor have AIDS. At least I assume not because they walk their dog in all sorts of inclement weather that I would expect a person with either would try to avoid.

As far as the mainstream rejecting gays as human beings, I'm not sure what that can mean. They are quite obviously human, by any accepted definition of the word. We can know that via rather simple tests.

But the thread isn't about individuals approving of two guys holding hands or the like, it is about the law being able to discriminate against two guys because they do that. You want to give the Federal government the power to do that because you don't think two guys should do that. I don't because even if I felt the same way as you I know that sooner or later the government would start disliking something I do, and point its discrimination ray my way. Also I believe the Federal government should adhere to the Constitution, and you don't.

But I'm all on board with getting government out of marriage.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    BTW, which will have greater influence in the 2014 elections? Gay rights or voting rights? SCOTUS ruled on both. Then add the Obamacare mess that is going to hit next year.

Think that the democrats might have a problem on their hands?

At the very least, the Rs probably won't run the guy who invented Obamacare again.

Top Bottom