• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The more Republicans talk, the more ashamed I am for having ever been one. :noway:

And the more libertarians talk, the more I'm convinced they are (and I'll be gracious here and lend some credit) only marginally better, Constitutionally minded, than the other parties.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    We have already had such attacks on religion. Yes you have a freedom of religion. But that does not stop many on the left from wanting to destroy religion as it gets in their way. But then the left also attacks freedom of speech.

How on earth does this decision "destroy" religion? You can still practice whatever you want. You should only be concerned with this ruling if you aren't heterosexual. :twocents:

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    From a friend of mine on another forum:

"Good Luck to all the gay community. I'm glad you're recognized now. Seriously! I don't care what you do. Everyone's got a right to be happy. Just stop jamming it down our throats! (Not literally) You'll get divorced just like WE do. You'll have custody battles..... Just like WE do. You'll pay child support...just like WE do... Welcome to our world. You get what you ask for. I honestly don't care. I support happiness for everyone, just don't come to me when it all backfires."

:ar15:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How on earth does this decision "destroy" religion? You can still practice whatever you want. You should only be concerned with this ruling if you aren't heterosexual. :twocents:

ACT-UP has disrupted church services. Other gay rights groups have done similar tactics, especially aimed at the Catholic church, the Mormons and others.

In Canada it is a crime for a church to condemn gays.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    ACT-UP has disrupted church services. Other gay rights groups have done similar tactics, especially aimed at the Catholic church, the Mormons and others.

In Canada it is a crime for a church to condemn gays.

Activist groups don't have the weight of the law behind them and we aren't in Canada. Do you have a better or more relevant argument?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Activist groups don't have the weight of the law behind them and we aren't in Canada. Do you have a better or more relevant argument?

It sounds like a fine argument to me. Most every infringement which does have the force of law here now started as either the wet dream of some fringe group or was done in one of the 'enlightened' countries as we are told Canada and Europe represent. Then it was met with the chant 'This is America. That can't happen here'. Now we hear more of the same with new issues. I am satisfied that it can happen and it will. After all, it is already more illegal here for me to punch a [member of a politically favored group] than for him to punch me (fact that the lefties claim the hate-crime law works both ways notwithstanding as it doesn't in practice).

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    What are you going to do when the next phase of this battle includes demands that Catholics, Jews and Muslims change their beliefs to what is acceptable to gays?

Continue to not vote Republican? Because if someone is being forced to do something almost certainly there is a R or a D calling the shots.

Not that I believe your assertion of that being the next phase.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND

And church groups have disrupted gay rights marches. So what? There are idiots on both sides of issue, obviously.

Amazing that a discussion about the government removing legally enshrined discrimination does here. After the obligatory pedophilia and dogs marrying cats, of course. Liberty for all, except for those who do stuff we don't like.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And church groups have disrupted gay rights marches. So what? There are idiots on both sides of issue, obviously.

Amazing that a discussion about the government removing legally enshrined discrimination does here. After the obligatory pedophilia and dogs marrying cats, of course. Liberty for all, except for those who do stuff we don't like.

We can legislate them to heaven.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Gays never wanted marriage until AIDS hit. And they still would not want marriage if it wasn't that we have allowed government to create all sorts of structures (insurance, powers of attorney, rights of survivorship, partnerships). Marriage over several thousand years was a religious institution, not a civil one. that has only come in the last 150 years as government took over.

If we had separation of church and state then marriage would only be a religious function.

As for homosexuals being denied rights, sorry but they are always going to feel that they are somehow different and out of step with the mainstream. There is nothing that society can do that will make them feel loved and accepted. Nor can homosexuals force the mainstream to love them which is what they want. The right that they seek is to be loved. Sorry but the mainstream will always reject them as human beings. Gays seem to be stuck in permanent adolescence which may explain why they are rejected.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Government can not force you to be moral. The left feels that only the government can make you moral.

But then the government can not force the majority to love homosexuals either.

Religion can not force you to be moral either. The right feels that only Jesus can make you moral. Morality exists just fine outside of the church.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Religion can not force you to be moral either. The right feels that only Jesus can make you moral. Morality exists just fine outside of the church.

If you knew anything, you would understand that that statement is false. Religion can not force you to be moral. Some Islamic states believe that the power of the sword makes the people moral. but in the end people either believe and practice or go do as they please.

At best religion can teach wisdom, how to avoid being a fool. But if a man wishes to be a fool, no one can help him.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I always love it when responses start with "If you knew anything……"

Sigh, whatever. I don't care for anything else you have to say.

If you knew anything, you would understand that that statement is false. Religion can not force you to be moral. Some Islamic states believe that the power of the sword makes the people moral. but in the end people either believe and practice or go do as they please.

At best religion can teach wisdom, how to avoid being a fool. But if a man wishes to be a fool, no one can help him.

Top Bottom