• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    Reason takes look at why DOMA was overturned. This is a good look at it.

Here

If the "standard/logic" as Kennedy wrote:

They don’t get federal benefits, they have to follow a uniquely complicated procedure to file taxes,

This opens up a new can of worms with regards to other Federal laws, taxes, etc.,

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, it is a great day for divorce lawyers. And wedding planners.

What I wonder is how long before gay rights becomes a reason to restrict the 1st amendment. That voicing disapproval would be a hate crime thus limiting freedom of speech. And that Muslims, Jews and Catholics could be sued, or fired from jobs, over their beliefs.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    I don't want to **** on anyone's beliefs or views but ANY Legislation (Federal, State, or Local) this injects Religious Beliefs to step into anyone's private lives should be ruled unconstitutional.

In the United States, the religious civil liberties are guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution:
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Same applied to those that with to completely ignore religious beliefs held by every major religion in the world and marry someone of the same gender.

I know I'll get bombarded for this post... My belief is that NO ceremony should ever end with "I now pronounce you Husband and Husband" (or wife and wife) as it is completely against my christian beliefs, values, and teaching however those same beliefs and teachings also tell me that I (or Man) should not be the judge which those people will have to stand in front of on their Judgement Day.

Sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too... On one hand you say the Government should stay out of People's Lives, you can't go back on the opposite hand because of your personal views and try to make laws for that same Government to step in and dictate laws around marriage.

:twocents::ingo::twocents:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Well, it is a great day for divorce lawyers. And wedding planners.

What I wonder is how long before gay rights becomes a reason to restrict the 1st amendment. That voicing disapproval would be a hate crime thus limiting freedom of speech. And that Muslims, Jews and Catholics could be sued, or fired from jobs, over their beliefs.

Tried to rep you but the system wouldn't let me. The whole hate speech thing is wrong headed and needs to go away. If you don't like someone else's behavior and say so, that's not hate or fear (hate speech and xxxxphobia), it's just stating a valid opinion.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If the "standard/logic" as Kennedy wrote:

They don’t get federal benefits, they have to follow a uniquely complicated procedure to file taxes,

This opens up a new can of worms with regards to other Federal laws, taxes, etc.,
    No "can of worms" at all. They'll simply be treated as all married couples are treated under the law with all the same rights and privileges. If you're married you get to file as married and all laws apply. This is just treating all married couples the same, by the feds and hopefully the states (under the full faith and credit clause).

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As long as they're not "foreigners" wishing to exercise their Creator-given (or inalienable) right to self defense...

Yep. I don't support equal rights for non citizens. Thanks for reminding or I might have forgotten :) What is the bennefit of working towards it if you get everything as a non citizen? There no pride of ownership.
    It's like sex before your married. On your wedding night there's nothing special, no mystery.

I guess I should have said I support equal rights for all CITIZENS. That way you wouldn't have been confused. I don't apologize for my beliefs. If your not a citizen then tough. You probly came from a country the free citizen soldiers of America died and bled to liberate, so to foreigners I say: shut your pie holes. If you have a complaint about my country then become a citizen and gain the Granted right to complain.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There once was comedian named Dave Allen who told this joke.

Two Englishmen met on a street corner.
    The first said, "I've had it! I'm leaving the country."
    The second asked, "Why?"
    The first answered, "The homosexual problem."
    "It used to be a capital crime; they hung you for it."
    "Then, they changed it and you just got sent to prison."
    "Then, they made it a misdemeanor and you just got a fine."
    "Now, they've made it legal."
    "I'm leaving before they make it mandatory!"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There once was comedian named Dave Allen who told this joke.

Two Englishmen met on a street corner.
    The first said, "I've had it! I'm leaving the country."
    The second asked, "Why?"
    The first answered, "The homosexual problem."
    "It used to be a capital crime; they hung you for it."
    "Then, they changed it and you just got sent to prison."
    "Then, they made it a misdemeanor and you just got a fine."
    "Now, they've made it legal."
    "I'm leaving before they make it mandatory!"

Wouldn't that be a form of affirmative action?:laugh:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Yep. I don't support equal rights for non citizens. Thanks for reminding or I might have forgotten :) What is the bennefit of working towards it if you get everything as a non citizen? There no pride of ownership.
    It's like sex before your married. On your wedding night there's nothing special, no mystery.

I guess I should have said I support equal rights for all CITIZENS. That way you wouldn't have been confused. I don't apologize for my beliefs. If your not a citizen then tough. You probly came from a country the free citizen soldiers of America died and bled to liberate, so to foreigners I say: shut your pie holes. If you have a complaint about my country then become a citizen and gain the Granted right to complain.

What is a "Granted right"? You mean the rights the government gives us citizens? Or the rights some group of citizens like you think that other citizens should have? And that makes you different from the gun grabbers in what way?

So you don't believe in inherent rights. Which means the government can give or take them away on a whim, as your essay above illustrates.

If YOU don't like 'em, no rights. So permanent residents, who are here lawfully but not yet citizens, aren't entitled to any rights? Not even due process of law?

Are you advocating national ID cards, so the Federal Foreigner Police know who they can and can't beat, force to confess, search without warrants, deprive of property, hold without bond or trial, etc.? Hope you or your loved ones never end up on the short end of that stick by mistake. I'm guessing you wouldn't like it very much.

But at least you did show that you do not support equal rights for all people, but only for some people.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What is a "Granted right"? You mean the rights the government gives us citizens? Or the rights some group of citizens like you think that other citizens should have? And that makes you different from the gun grabbers in what way?

So you don't believe in inherent rights. Which means the government can give or take them away on a whim, as your essay above illustrates.

If YOU don't like 'em, no rights. So permanent residents, who are here lawfully but not yet citizens, aren't entitled to any rights? Not even due process of law?

Are you advocating national ID cards, so the Federal Foreigner Police know who they can and can't beat, force to confess, search without warrants, deprive of property, hold without bond or trial, etc.? Hope you or your loved ones never end up on the short end of that stick by mistake. I'm guessing you wouldn't like it very much.

But at least you did show that you do not support equal rights for all people, but only for some people.

If your not a citizen I think you should be forced to leave unless your on vacation or working for a corporation with foreign ties that requires it. While your here of coarse your subject to our laws. The 2nd amendment though that states citizens of America have the right to keep and bear arms, was written to guarantee that we have the right to defend this country against an oppressive govt. therefore people who are not citizens here have no say in that process or proceedure.
    Go back to your own country and fight for your natural rights.

I should have said granted privledges instead of rights. Since you are going to focus on individual words to nit pick my beliefs. Your not going to change my mind, and my beliefs are within the founding documents. It's simple. If your not an American citizen go back to where you came from. It's not like your helping America by being here.

Adams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    For those whom believe in the sanctity of marriage and individual liberty, let this serve as a strong reminder of what happens when the state is invited into matters beyond the limits established by the States in the Constitution of the united States.

The state increased its power today.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For those whom believe in the sanctity of marriage and individual liberty, let this serve as a strong reminder of what happens when the state is invited into matters beyond the limits established by the States in the Constitution of the united States.

The state increased its power today.

No the govt relinquished a power they had no right to control before. Sorry this ruling doesn't fit into your beliefs, but its not about beliefs.

Adams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    No the govt relinquished a power they had no right to control before. Sorry this ruling doesn't fit into your beliefs, but its not about beliefs.

Ok. Put a big S in the statement if you wish.

The central court has made yet another mandate to private enterprises.

The state, and States, increased their power today.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Good article.

Is your covenant between you and your wife the State's business?
    Considering you cannot legally marry without their permission then yes, it is. Until the day comes that the state separates itself from the marriage business it will be their business to be involved in it. Republicans and democrats will never stand for a separation, tho. It gives them too much power and churches like being agents of the state.

Top Bottom