• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I don't feel like he "dove" I feel like he was complying. Anyone that picks apart the victims reaction is reaching. I would have done the same thing..... But now that I've seen this video.. ill be even more careful not to many any moves at all. ill just freeze and start praying ... Or tell him to get it himself lol

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't feel like he "dove" I feel like he was complying. Anyone that picks apart the victims reaction is reaching. I would have done the same thing..... But now that I've seen this video.. ill be even more careful not to many any moves at all. ill just freeze and start praying ... Or tell him to get it himself lol

To hear LEO's say he "dove" in his car makes me question their credibility on every other claim they make. My lone jury experience had a deputy painting a very different picture than what the video showed.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    To hear LEO's say he "dove" in his car makes me question their credibility on every other claim they make. My lone jury experience had a deputy painting a very different picture than what the video showed.

I've read one person say he dove. I don't understand how that now applies to anyone other than the person who said it.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Just ran across a notice of this in my Facebook feed. The trooper was fired. Guess that's the best you can hope for these days. Not much of a chance that he'd be prosecuted for shooting an innocent man who was just doing what he was told.

Trooper Fired for Shooting Unarmed Man

The Justice Department report on Cleveland cataloged many instances of unjustified force, including officers who assaulted, pepper-sprayed and even Tasered people already being restrained. In one case last year, the police fired two shots at a man wearing only boxer shorts who was fleeing from two armed assailants. In a 2011 case, a man who had been restrained on the ground with his arms and legs spread was then kicked by officers. He was later treated for a broken bone in his face.

and the police wonder why the public doesn't trust them or respect them. The "few" bad cops giving the good ones a bad name is a lost argument. More like the bad half is giving the good half a bad name.

That shooting happened after the police apparently mistook backfire from a speeding car for gunfire and began a 20-mile chase that eventually grew to include 62 patrol cars. It ended when officers fired 137 rounds at close range at the car after it pulled into a middle-school parking lot, killing both occupants.

Another example of outstanding police shooting. Spray, pray, reload and repeat.

Where are the good cops? I know you are out there. I have dealt with some of you. Please stop covering up, pretending not to notice or ignoring the bad cops. Get them off the force and arrested. It is for your own safety and the safety of everyone around us.
    When I was in the military, it was my DUTY to report bad behavior and report those sailors that couldn't hack it. Failure to get rid of the losers, could result in loss of life.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Where are the good cops? I know you are out there. I have dealt with some of you. Please stop covering up, pretending not to notice or ignoring the bad cops. Get them off the force and arrested. It is for your own safety and the safety of everyone around us.
    When I was in the military, it was my DUTY to report bad behavior and report those sailors that couldn't hack it. Failure to get rid of the losers, could result in loss of life.

****ing educate yourself already. Go on a ride along, meet two or three regular officers. Maybe then you'll realize the utter horse**** which flies off of your fingertips on this forum.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    ****ing educate yourself already. Go on a ride along, meet two or three regular officers. Maybe then you'll realize the utter horse**** which flies off of your fingertips on this forum.

Are you a LEO?

Are there any bad LEOS on your force?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No, you're ignorant because you make statements like this.

and the police wonder why the public doesn't trust them or respect them. The "few" bad cops giving the good ones a bad name is a lost argument. More like the bad half is giving the good half a bad name.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    phylo, even you have to admit that not all departments are the same and that there are many out there that are just plain bad and filled with bad people. You happen to be one of the lucky ones who are in a department that isn't a bad one and isn't filled with bad actors, (although your department has had a few bad ones in recent years. Fortunately you guys dealt with them). You know it's not the same case for many places in this country.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Are you a LEO?

Are there any bad LEOS on your force?
    I've never witnessed a "bad cop" in my 17 years as a LEO. They were out there...a few of them but they stayed to themselves.
    I can assure you that neither I nor phylo have worked with anyone that we knew was dirty or had proof of it but did not say anything. While it is true in some instances, movies and TV have made it seem as if it is everywhere. It is not and there are few here that will risk their livelihoods/career to cover up someone else's mess.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    phylo, even you have to admit that not all departments are the same and that there are many out there that are just plain bad and filled with bad people. You happen to be one of the lucky ones who are in a department that isn't a bad one and isn't filled with bad actors, (although your department has had a few bad ones in recent years. Fortunately you guys dealt with them). You know it's not the same case for many places in this country.
    But why am I and phylo painted with the same brush used to describe those other departments? We will not stand for this treatment as gun owners but it is perfectly fine as police officers.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I've never witnessed a "bad cop" in my 17 years as a LEO.
    I can assure you that neither I nor phylo have worked with anyone that we knew was dirty or had proof of it but did not say anything. While it is true in some instances, movies and TV have made it seem as if it is everywhere. It is not and there are few here that will risk their livelihoods/career to cover up someone else's mess.

Thats good to know.

Have you ever worked with a LEO that you did not know was dirty and it turned out later he was?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You know it's not the same case for many places in this country.

Feel free to talk specifically about those places, you'll hear no complaining from me. A little evidence to back up statements about a certain percentage being corrupt would be nice once in awhile. A little knowledge on how police officers interact wouldn't hurt.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom