• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    But why am I and phylo painted with the same brush used to describe those other departments? We will not stand for this treatment as gun owners but it is perfectly fine as police officers.
    Who painted you and phylo with that brush? Didn't see your names in anyone's post. Sadly, the facts are that we in the general public have no idea if we're dealing with you and phylo or frank or any good cop when we are forced to interact with you. It is just as likely that we may be be dealing with a psycho racist intent on jacking us up, (as we see all too often across the country these days). As you do when you pull someone over, we have to assume the worst and be prepared for it. If everything goes well, we can chalk it up to good guys. My only job when I leave the house is to return home safely at the end of the day.

Your profession just happens to be in the limelight right now, due to the actions of a few officers (and it's more than just Ferguson and NYC). There have been more shootings of unarmed and innocent people lately than I've seen in a while. And very few of your brethren are coming down on the side of the victims. Shoot, I've even seen one department say their officers were the victims in a shooting that they perpetrated. Your profession is going to take a few knocks in the near future, (and it's not your fault or phylos) but you're going to have to deal with it, just like gun owners have to deal with it when someone does something bad or stupid and paints us all by their actions.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Feel free to talk specifically about those places, you'll hear no complaining from me. A little evidence to back up statements about a certain percentage being corrupt would be nice once in awhile. A little knowledge on how police officers interact wouldn't hurt.

When I posted earlier in this thread, I was specifically talking about a previous case.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    No, you're ignorant because you make statements like this.

Have you seen the news in the last few years? You can't go a few weeks with out hearing about a bad shoot, a UN armed American getting shot (and police report doesn't match citizens video), wrong house raided by the SWAT resulting in injuries and damage. Get on you tube and look at the hundreds of videos of bad cops in action.... and these are the just ones caught on video. How many go un-caught. Every thing from confiscation of cells phones for recording them to all out beat downs for nothing or the shooting of a suspect in the back that is already handcuffed.

Just look at the times you see cop car go flying through traffic on 465 with no lights, or tailgating and seldom used turn signals. This gives you all a bad name. Tell your fellow officers to stop this illegal behavior.
    IMPD got a huge black eye from Bisard. How many knew he was a drunk and did nothing to stop him? Who knew the blood was mis handled? Those that knew are still on the force but we will never knew was in the know. This makes you all look bad.
    Owensby getting arrested for evidence mishandling not just once, but several times. This makes you all look bad because no one believes he acted alone.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    IMPD got a huge black eye from Bisard. How many knew he was a drunk and did nothing to stop him? Who knew the blood was mis handled? Those that knew are still on the force but we will never knew was in the know. This makes you all look bad.
    Owensby getting arrested for evidence mishandling not just once, but several times. This makes you all look bad because no one believes he acted alone.

And all of those statements reinforce mine that you are absolutely clueless about how police work is accomplished. I've gone into great detail to explain it before, I've no desire to do it again. You can search if you're interested but I won't hold my breath. It's easier to sit back and make ridiculous statements based on ignorance than it is to do some homework and educate yourself.

I'll be done now.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Who painted you and phylo with that brush? Didn't see your names in anyone's post. Sadly, the facts are that we in the general public have no idea if we're dealing with you and phylo or frank or any good cop when we are forced to interact with you. It is just as likely that we may be be dealing with a psycho racist intent on jacking us up, (as we see all too often across the country these days). As you do when you pull someone over, we have to assume the worst and be prepared for it. If everything goes well, we can chalk it up to good guys. My only job when I leave the house is to return home safely at the end of the day.

Your profession just happens to be in the limelight right now, due to the actions of a few officers (and it's more than just Ferguson and NYC). There have been more shootings of unarmed and innocent people lately than I've seen in a while. And very few of your brethren are coming down on the side of the victims. Shoot, I've even seen one department say their officers were the victims in a shooting that they perpetrated. Your profession is going to take a few knocks in the near future, (and it's not your fault or phylos) but you're going to have to deal with it, just like gun owners have to deal with it when someone does something bad or stupid and paints us all by their actions.
    The media has done a great job of dictating "reality" to everyone. What are the stats for dirty cops? Or is this image driven by perception over reality? Of the 800,000 officers in the US, how many are bad and what is that number backed up with? Out of the 10's of millions of police/citizen interactions every year in the US, how many are bad?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Have you seen the news in the last few years? You can't go a few weeks with out hearing about a bad shoot, a UN armed American getting shot (and police report doesn't match citizens video), wrong house raided by the SWAT resulting in injuries and damage. Get on you tube and look at the hundreds of videos of bad cops in action.... and these are the just ones caught on video. How many go un-caught. Every thing from confiscation of cells phones for recording them to all out beat downs for nothing or the shooting of a suspect in the back that is already handcuffed.

Just look at the times you see cop car go flying through traffic on 465 with no lights, or tailgating and seldom used turn signals. This gives you all a bad name. Tell your fellow officers to stop this illegal behavior.

Would I be wrong if I assumed you owned a Guy Fawkes mask?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No man -
    This dude 2001FYI knows what he's talking about.

In "Magnum Force", David Soul was a bad cop and shot a bunch of people. He must of done his time because he later became a good cop in "Starsky & Hutch".
    Don't even get me started with "Law and Order". Like - WOW!

The bad is good and the good is bad - you just never know.
    It's a messed up world out there, Man. :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You can't go a few weeks with out hearing about a bad shoot,

What bad shoot? Has IMPD had a bad shooting? Not tracking.

You mean the Boone County Kentucky shooting of Samantha Ramsey? The people of Kentucky decided to no bill the police officer last month.

If not this, what shooting are you referencing?

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    But why am I and phylo painted with the same brush used to describe those other departments? We will not stand for this treatment as gun owners but it is perfectly fine as police officers.
    Try being an attorney. :D

Top Bottom