• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well, Draco, I've said it before else where. I MIGHT be in favor of loosening some of those laws when the penalty for violating others rights equals the new liberty you want.

Causal factor in an accident while drunk or stoned, 7 years.

Cause a fatality while drunk or stoned, proven by a chemical test, death. No appeal.

Until folks are willing to accept responsibility for their actions I'm not necessarily willing grant them free play.

Just like if you bust in my front door while stoned out of your gourd I'm not necessarily going to assume your just here to play video games.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Well at least the cop was a horrible shot.I heard 4 shots fired from maybe what 3-5 yards and only one round hits the driver? It makes you wonder what these people are doing with firearms at all, but thats not even touching the fact most people in my immediate family are better shots than 95% of cops including my 14 year old brother. Unbelievable just totally unbelievable. On the bright side I dont see the police ever recovering from this latest string of **** ups. Go cops!!.......

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thugs come in all colors, a variety of costumes, and both sexes.

This situation serves good example of why ANY encounter with a leo is a potentially deadly encounter.

I've seen nothing more than the video posted here.

What struck me in the video, aside from the shooting of an unarmed man by a leo, is that after the shooting the leo did little to nothing to aid the citizen whom he shot other than call dispatch for an ambulance. He seemed more focused on getting the guy's license.

I have ZERO confidence in such folks to protect or serve.

:+1: Emphasis mine!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well at least the cop was a horrible shot.I heard 4 shots fired from maybe what 3-5 yards and only one round hits the driver? It makes you wonder what these people are doing with firearms at all, but thats not even touching the fact most people in my immediate family are better shots than 95% of cops including my 14 year old brother. Unbelievable just totally unbelievable. On the bright side I dont see the police ever recovering from this latest string of **** ups. Go cops!!.......

That right? Have most people in your immediate family done some shooting outside of the square range? Shot at anything that wasn't made out of cardboard, paper or steel?

I love big talk from people who have never been forced to operate a piece of equipment under significant stress. If you're staring down cardboard and hitting every round and thinking you're ready for a gunfight you are fooling yourself.

Doesn't make what this officer did acceptable and I'm in no way defending him.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I've shot more than paper or steel in a square range.

I've never shot an unarmed man...not sure if I could go better than 1 for 4 on an unarmed man or not.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013

Actually, that's a little better than the average. Every stat I've seen I the avg hit count is 20 percent. It is roughly the same for cops as for untrained bad guys. And most of the force on force training I've seen as well. This is the challenge firearms instructors have when trying to train people for the real world. Grip and stance and all that regurgitated nonsense goes out the window when people are shooting back. We argue that it's critical but real shootings tell a different story.

My favorite story is the cop and perp that both emptied their weapons in the elevator with no one hit. Anyone old enough to remember those old caliber press shooting studies should remember that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I failed that training, kept hitting the throat. Don't know what that's about but I always go for the throat.
    vlcsnap-2013-06-11-15h04m55s139.png

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Tell your older brother that he should join the police force. They could use good people and if he can already shoot, that's a plus.

In 10 years or so when you're as good as your brother, maybe then you could join up.

If not, the Navy will always take you. :patriot:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Tell your older brother that he should join the police force. They could use good people and if he can already shoot, that's a plus.

In 10 years or so when you're as good as your brother, maybe then you could join up.

If not, the Navy will always take you. :patriot:
    Hey now! We have standards.

KS588

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    There are good cops and there are cops with poor judgment. I believe this cop to have poor judgement.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom