• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've shot with a number of officers from a number of different forces. Most are pretty ****ty shooters.

No offense to those that are not, of course.

Ok, really not tracking here. So, LE standards are unsat and this means what exactly? Some of the biggest critics of police firearms proficiency are . . . the police.

Is there a bad IMPD shoot that you are referencing that I am not picking up on?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've shot with a number of officers from a number of different forces. Most are pretty ****ty shooters.

No offense to those that are not, of course.
    I will say that we are extremely lucky to have an outstanding firearms unit and I would put them up against anyone. Thanks phylodog. ;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ok, the poooooleeeece are here. I'll ask them.

Denny, is there some controversial IMPD shoot that I am unaware of? Something recent?

Last one I recall was in 1990. Unless of course we are all guilty of the sins of our brothers in other states.

That said, we are always 1/10th of a second from having one. Dealing with people is difficult. Dealing with the mentally disturbed, those on drugs or those in a rage in even more so. Sometimes things don't work out like we would hope.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That Bites! :xmad:

The write-up is so racist even from the start.

A white former state trooper pleaded guilty Monday to assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for the 2014 shooting an unarmed black driver seconds after a traffic stop.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It was a bad shooting......that cop missed more than he hit.
    He needs to go back to the range and train some more. :shoot:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It was a bad shooting......that cop missed more than he hit.
    He needs to go back to the range and train some more. :shoot:

Thankfully, he'll be spending the next 20 years in prison, and will be a prohibited person whenever he does get out. So, no more range time for him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thankfully, he'll be spending the next 20 years in prison, and will be a prohibited person whenever he does get out. So, no more range time for him.

It kinda seems like Dead Duck is implying that it's a "bad shooting," more because he didn't hit his intended target as much as he should've, rather than the shooting of the driver being bad at all.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It kinda seems like Dead Duck is implying that it's a "bad shooting," more because he didn't hit his intended target as much as he should've, rather than the shooting of the driver being bad at all.

His background was filled with collateral damage, I'm just surprised he didn't hit any innocent bystanders behind that diving dumb****.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    His background was filled with collateral damage, I'm just surprised he didn't hit any innocent bystanders behind that diving dumb****.

1. Officer draws firearm on person exiting vehicle
    2. Person throws hands up
    3. Officer demands driver's license
    4. Person turns to reach inside vehicle
    5. As person turns back out of vehicle, officer hair-trigger starts shooting at him
    6. Person is shot in the hip, as demanded wallet goes flying

This was even worse than the other South Carolina (what is it? something in the water down there?) officer who shot at an elderly man for reaching for his cane.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    1. Officer draws firearm on person exiting vehicle
    2. Person throws hands up
    3. Officer demands driver's license
    4. Person turns to reach inside vehicle
    5. As person turns back out of vehicle, officer hair-trigger starts shooting at him
    6. Person is shot in the hip, as demanded wallet goes flying

This was even worse than the other South Carolina (what is it? something in the water down there?) officer who shot at an elderly man for reaching for his cane.

Oh ya-
    Was that the dude reaching for the long thing in the back of his pickup? That cop had terrible aim also.
    You're right, something in the water must be affecting their shot placement.

Top Bottom