• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    No. I finally tied him off to a crate of Mosins, filled the zippo up to "soaked", lit it and laid it between his humps when a naked PETA chick came in and threatened to call the fire marshal and the humane society. The PETA chick was going through her hippie, non shaving, nor bathing stage and you couldn't smell the burnt camel hair over that womens armpits.
    Dammit! I was gonna stop in there today, too! I coulda stood outside and looked through the window.:):

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrXnDbOpxU4

This just seemed fitting for some reason. Let's all just allow the government to restrict certain personal freedoms of a select few at a time. Because if they're not restricting you its "to bad, so sad". Eventually when they get to restricting your freedoms, there won't be anyone left to stand up for you.

If only they can go after small groups of people at a time, eventually over the course of time, they can one day make us all conform to their ideals of what we should be as a society.

What happend with the OP is exactly what should have happend. He didn't like something about a business, he left. There's things I don't like, so I seperate myself from them. But I would never want the governmet to impose restrictions on the things I dislike.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    That's ok. I spent $600.00 in there today for you. Really, much ado about nothing. The smoke exposure would not have harmed your son.
    I have to agree. People get so bent out of shape about people who smoke. But then don't have a problem breathing all of the exhaust fumes that THEY put into the air. Not a word about the jet fumes raining on us from above. Nope, it's the dreaded smoker who will do us all in. Give me a break. Very hypocritical IMO.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    That's ok. I spent $600.00 in there today for you. Really, much ado about nothing. The smoke exposure would not have harmed your son.

How do you know it would not harm his son. It makes my son sick. Apparently you are neglecting the facts. Cig smoke is bad for everyone. It is your choice to do it but respect others and choose to smoke away from people that don't .

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    but that's not really a good comparison. one causes cancer, the other just suffocates you. carbon dioxide has a much higher affinity for hemoglobin then oxygen does, so it takes up the spots normally reserved for o2 transport to the bodies tissues, effectively suffocating you from the inside.....................just saying :):
    There are alot of toxins in exhaust fumes.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Customer with baby on arm, trips on sidewalk and drops baby. Gets in accident while driving while talking on cell phone.
    Well you get the point. It's a dangerous world. Might get hit by space debris. You want to protect the baby- keep em in a bubble and stay home. Oh wait, you would have to stay home too. That's too much inconvenience. You probably got muzzle swept too......

Customer walks in with baby, smells smoke, walks out. Whining about it on the internet - priceless.

Shop elsewhere, it's better for me

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I don't remember who posted this but it's true that he probably didn't think anything of it. I unfortunately grew up in a smoke filled house, and my mother didn't think twice about smoking around us all throughout my childhood. Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is his shop and his rules. Having said that, it is a major turn off for a lot of people.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It is your choice to do it but respect others and choose to smoke away from people that don't .

So the guy at the gun counter is supposed to leave his shop counter because someone coming into his business happens to believe that second hand smoke makes people sick? Second hand smoke and global warming will be the punchline of jokes in twenty years.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    The best part of owning your own business is being able to do what you want and not being drastically impacted if one person decides not to make a $500 purchase there.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    So the guy at the gun counter is supposed to leave his shop counter because someone coming into his business happens to believe that second hand smoke makes people sick? Second hand smoke and global warming will be the punchline of jokes in twenty years.

Never said he had to leave as long as it is not against the law. It is his shop, so it's his choice. This whole thread is just saying, if you want our business then you would take the cig outside.
    By the way my son is all the proof I need. When my ex husband smoked around him and in the house, he would stay sick all the time. Now that we are divorced and he is not around smoke, then he is rarely sick.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Never said he had to leave as long as it is not against the law. It is his shop, so it's his choice. This whole thread is just saying, if you want our business then you would take the cig outside.
    By the way my son is all the proof I need. When my ex husband smoked around him and in the house, he would stay sick all the time. Now that we are divorced and he is not around smoke, then he is rarely sick.

I applaud your conviction in replying to every post directed at you :yesway:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Oh for pitty sake! I have heard some whinning before, but not like this. I hope the kid isn't tramatized as much as the father. My WWII vet father smoked a pipe around the whole family with no side effects to any of us. I swear some of you are going to raise a bunch of California style girly men. If that was me and my grandson, I would have told him "Smell that? That is what political incorrect FREEDOM smells like"

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    WOW! 18 pages and counting. Priceless.

Here's a thought. I will only smoke half as much of my cigarette, then put it out. But, I will smoke twice as many and I demand Government subsidy for it since this is my stress relieving medication. Now we are all happy. I only smoke half cigs, get paid for it and the world is better off.

My money, my choice, my right. I do not force you or anyone else to breathe my "toxic" air. I am still willing to respect others in close proximity, but do NOT demand what I am to do or not to do just because you may not like it.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I smoked for 20 years before I quit. I never thought it was a big deal either. It's hard to appreciate how obnoxious the smell is to people who don't breathe it for several hours a day.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Mea Culpa. I have read your post numerous times and that is still how I am taking it which probably says more about my chip than your intent. Please accept my apology.

The reason smokers get defensive is because we see billboards that say stuff like "Second Hand Smoke = child abuse" and then there are dirty looks people give us when we light up, the eye rolls, the grasping of their childs hand as they scurry away from the stinky tobacco man. I was talking to an elderly gentleman the other day and he said he got looks like that back in the 60's at lunch counters... He didn't smoke though.

So who will be our Rosa Parks? Who will be our Martin Luther King? I myself long for the day we are judged by the content of our character rather than the content of our lungs. When that day comes I will light up a hump from the firetower at Henryville and shout to the Heavens, "Free at Last. Free at Last. Thank God Almighty we are free at last."

Last edited:

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Oh for pitty sake! I have heard some whinning before, but not like this. I hope the kid isn't tramatized as much as the father. My WWII vet father smoked a pipe around the whole family with no side effects to any of us. I swear some of you are going to raise a bunch of California style girly men. If that was me and my grandson, I would have told him "Smell that? That is what political incorrect FREEDOM smells like"

I'd have said, thirty years ago people wouldn't get huffy and storm off over something like that.

I know its been mentioned a few times, but let me reiterate. What was a toddler doing in a gun store in the first place? They don't have happy meals and playground equipment there. You don't expect to take a toddler into the garage of your dealership. You don't expect to take an infant in a liquor store. Things that aren't intended for child consumption aren't trying to be child friendly. Personally I go to a gun store for the guns, not the drama. Yeah, its your perogative not to patronize his store, but please don't make a big deal online about how he wouldn't do what you said. Sometimes you don't get to push smokers around. Don't worry though, in another twenty years they will pass more laws and cigarettes will cost $50 a pack and you won't be able to smoke them anywhere, even in your own house... but amazingly pot will be legal.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Mea Culpa. I have read your post numerous times and that is still how I am taking it which probably says more about my chip than your intent. Please accepy my apology.

The reason smokers get defensive is because we see billboards that say stuff like "Second Hand Smoke = child abuse" and then there are dirty looks people give us when we light up, the eye rolls, the grasping of their childs hand as they scurry away from the stinky tobacco man. I was talking to an elderly gentleman the other day and he said he got looks like that back in the 60's at lunch counters... He didn't smoke though.

Who will be our Rosa Parks? Who will be our Martin Luther King? I myself long for the day we are judged by the content of our character rather than the content of our lungs. When that day comes I will light up a hump from the firetower at Henryville and shout to the Heavens, "Free at Last. Free at Last. Thank God Almighty we are free at last."

I accept your apology. I state my opinion, but have learn not to take it personally. I too used to smoke. That is why I do understand it is his right. I also have a marketing cert., have taken some business college courses, and managment training. I have been employed in a manager role before also. This is why I look at it from 3 positions. The business wanting to make a sale, the owner wanting to smoke where he pleases, and the OP's as a parent wanting to protect his child. I feel that we are all put here on Earth for a short time and we should be able to have our beliefs, opinions, and freedoms, while being respectful and kind to others at the same time.

Top Bottom