• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildman6266755

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    This is the biggest crap thread I have ever seen......WOW! I am mad at myself for even posting on it. But 21 pages of WAH! and a little vagisil later I am glad that I am me and I don't need anyone to approve or disprove my opinions! My daughter was in her first gun shop at 3 weeks. If you like it don't like I don't give a rip the beauty of this country is our freedoms and buy a gun or walk out, who cares? We wonder everyday how loose so many freedoms it is because we want to wine on a small forum to people who are not going to do anything about it. I just wish more people would stand behind there convictions!

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    So the guy at the gun counter is supposed to leave his shop counter because someone coming into his business happens to believe that second hand smoke makes people sick? Second hand smoke and global warming will be the punchline of jokes in twenty years.

Global warming maybe a joke but second hand smoke is a confirmed killer. Also I dont think these gunshop owners and mangers are thinking this through . Employers are required to provide a safe work environment. Poor Johnny was forced to work in a shop that had deadly second hand smoke all day, every day so he could feed his children. There has already been cases won in other states.
    Also I find it funny that in a different thread on here today someone brought up the smell of marijuana making its way to his apartment. The overwelming response was call the cops, send a threatening letter, call the office manager, flood them out. Funny thing is though, no one has ever died from smoking marijuana or second hand smoke from it, Is that hypicritical. No one said if you dont like the smell, move away.

Also, I cant believe Im hearing guys say that a gunshop is no place for kids. Thats horse crap. I have my earliest memories of being in Galyans maybe 5 years old. At the age of 12 I was working there and bought my first gun with my own money. Signed for by my Dad of course. 15 years later, I was selling guns at Galyans. We tried to keep candy on hand to give to the children. For a whlie we had the NRA coloring books and a small table to color on.

I think someone should do a poll to see what the majority really think on here. Worded fairly of course.

Last edited:

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Global warming maybe a joke but second hand smoke is a confirmed killer. Also I dont think these gunshop owners and mangers are thinking this through . Employers are required to provide a safe work environment. Poor Johnny was forced to work in a shop that had deadly second hand smoke all day, every day so he could feed his children. There has already been cases won in other states.
    Also I find it funny that in a different thread on here today someone brought up the smell of marijuana making its way to his apartment. The overwelming response was call the cops, send a threatening letter, call the office manager, flood them out. Funny thing is though, no one has ever died from smoking marijuana or second hand smoke from it, Is that hypicritical. No one said if you dont like the smell, move away.

Also, I cant believe Im hearing guys say that a gunshop is no place for kids. Thats horse crap. I have my earliest memories of being in Galyans maybe 5 years old. At the age of 12 I was working there and bought my first gun with my own money. Signed for by my Dad of course. 15 years later, I was selling guns at Galyans. We tried to keep candy on hand to give to the children. For a whlie we had the NRA coloring books and a small table to color on.

I think someone should do a poll to see what the majority really think on here. Worded fairly of course.

Well said!

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    I think we need more gun shops that serve hummus, coconut milk, and tofu, and that offer pilates classes.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

So a jury agreeing to a settlement makes second hand smoke a confirmed killer? Wow. Quite the scientific method you got there.
    It's amazing all those smoking GI's in WW 2 were able to beat anti smoking zealot Adolph Hitler and his army of Aryans. How many of their family members did those GI's kill when they got back and continued their habit at home? Are all smokers "confirmed killers" then? Deadly second hand smoke?? Really?? Spend much time around a campfire? How did my ancestors survive in the smoke filled cabins of the frontier?

I have "thought this through" and the fact the someone doesn't buy your Orwellian view of how things ought to be, doesn't mean "they havn't thought things through." It means they have and choose to not be on the side of Rob Reiner and Adolph Hitler. Just because I disagree with Hitler's views on smoking does not make me a bad person or not "thinking things through."

The second hand smoke lawsuits were tossed out or came back not guilty for 20 years and when a jury finally does agree to a settlement your side starts saying now "the science is settled" because the verdict you wanted was finally given. That's not science that's horse pucky.

And as for "Poor Johnny"? Unless slavery has come back I know of no one that's forced to work anywhere so "poor Johnny" can find another place to work.

Last edited:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

Right, the owner should be punished because one of his employees chooses to keep his job in an environment he doesn't like. Poor Johnny doesn't understand the rights of the landowner. I have no problems with kids in a gun shop but, if you don't want your kid around the smoke don't take them. If I had a kid I would choose not to go the shop but, I am in no way telling the owner/worker they can't smoke on their porperty or with permission from the property owner.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Well said!

My rebuttal to the 2 of you...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I admit to being wishy washy on this subject. I don't like my bacon overly crispy. There is that certain magical point just before true crispiness where it kind of snaps but has a little chewiness.

Top Bottom