• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am going to start advising gun shops that don't have a crusty old guy smoking unfiltered camels that they better get one quick, or I will take my business somewhere else.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    He heard my conversation Quite clearly I'm sure.

I'm trying to highlight to other small business owners that they lose clients based on events like this. Not retreating, they knew my position before I left.

You're driving your life, he's driving his. If he thought the nonsmokers not coming in was hurting business he might do it outside. He might just make enough money to suit himself and tell you to go pork yourself for being more if a PITA than he's willing to put up with in HIS shop.:rolleyes:

Vote with your feet. I don't need to hear ya whinin' about it.:): But then again, I didn't HAVE to read this, did I?:draw::popcorn:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes. please tell us where your shop is. We would love to know

I tried posting the link to the discussion of the shop along with a few comments but it didn't post. Not hard to find. "We" would love to know? Well I would love to tell you but apparently I can't. I would maybe try google and type in "new gun shop Clarksville Indiana smoking a-hole owner" and see what you find. It smells like a turkish campfire, hoppes, and cosmoline in here so you may want bring a doily or hanky to cover your mouth and nose.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I tried posting the link to the discussion of the shop along with a few comments but it didn't post. Not hard to find. "We" would love to know? Well I would love to tell you but apparently I can't. I would maybe try google and type in new gun shop Clarksville Indiana smoking a-hole owner and see what you find. It smells like a turkish campfire, hoppes, and cosmoline in here so you may want bring a doily or hanky to cover your mouth and nose.

Sounds like delightful smells to me. I love Hoppes and Cosmoline smells.
    I absolutely hate toddlers in gun shops though.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    "Question... if you went into a cigarette store and the owner had a gun, would you stop buying cigarettes from him?"

In my local smoke store everyone carries,the owner requires it!Lotsa $ flows threw those doors!

NO,I refuse to buy cigarettes at all. They killed my grandfather, my dad has cancer, and my wife got a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung) that the Dr said was DIRECTLY related to her smoking. Don't call me and ask me to pick up a pack for you on the way home because it is NOT happening.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Worded another way, your unwillingness to endure smoke for a few minutes cost you a gun shop.

It's your right, but your actions show that not breathing smoke with your child for 10 minutes or so is worth more than having a gun shop to go to is.

It's a free market, and I imagine that you are both more content now, so it works out for everybody

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Source or I'm waving the :bs:!

The venerable Scientific American Magazine.
    It's where I get all of my scientific information.

deadcatmagazine.jpg

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Really?

OK, I'll bite..Why the Heck not? Should we not bring our kids to the 1500 either? The way I see it, I am going to educate my kids on all aspects of firearms, and shopping for guns is one of those aspects.

He said the kid was 13 months... what about guns would you teach a toddler except NO TOUCH?

If you have ever farted inside of a building you have no room to talk. That shop owner was smoking but how many people unknowingly had to inhale your butt fumes? Why demonize smokers? Why is this an issue? You know, your grandparents went their whole lives surviving without the need to dictate the behavior of other people.

As a former smoker I find your post offensive and insist that you retract your statement or I won't be replying to any more of your comments. See how stupid that sounds?

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Does the smell of second hand burnt hair drive off many customers?

No. I finally tied him off to a crate of Mosins, filled the zippo up to "soaked", lit it and laid it between his humps when a naked PETA chick came in and threatened to call the fire marshal and the humane society. The PETA chick was going through her hippie, non shaving, nor bathing stage and you couldn't smell the burnt camel hair over that womens armpits.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    No. I finally tied him off to a crate of Mosins, filled the zippo up to "soaked", lit it and laid it between his humps when a naked PETA chick came in and threatened to call the fire marshal and the humane society. The PETA chick was going through her hippie, non shaving, nor bathing stage and you couldn't smell the burnt camel hair over that womens armpits.

That, Sir, is 'effin sick. :puke:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm going to be the guy who says a gun store isn't a place for a young child.

Yeah, probably ought to just leave that kid buckled up in the car. I'll be back out in just a minute, and kids that age are perfectly capable of caring for themselves unsupervised.

I mean, when I was 13 months old, I already had two jobs and paid my own rent.

Top Bottom