• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I don't smoke...the occasional cigar with some buddies when were drinking but, there are to many people that ask for regulation when they complain about over regulation for other things. There are those that understand the constitution and then those that like to cherry pick depending on what they participate in or don't. It's all about freedom of choice.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    Why dont you share your selfish opinion with the families of the 250 people that died in Marion County alone last year from second hand smoke.

If you you are too weak to stop the addiction that is killing you thats fine, (Darwin will handle it) but take your lazy butt 20 steps out the door when you smoke. You could probably use the exercise.

Oh so now weve graduated into personal attacks?Ya know I always laugh when people start whining about freedom and liberty,half of`em don`t have a clue what that means,or should I say they want it for themselves and screw the next guy,I`m probably better than him anyway-What a BULL**** attitude.:dunno:Oh yeah and I gladly share my opinion.

Last edited:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Anyone that complains about 2nd hand smoke being deadly need to quit driving immediately. I could put 15 people chain smoking in my small office all day and we would survive. Put one vehicle in that same small space and we would be dead in short order.
    but that's not really a good comparison. one causes cancer, the other just suffocates you. carbon dioxide has a much higher affinity for hemoglobin then oxygen does, so it takes up the spots normally reserved for o2 transport to the bodies tissues, effectively suffocating you from the inside.....................just saying :):

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    but that's not really a good comparison. one causes cancer, the other just suffocates you. carbon dioxide has a much higher affinity for hemoglobin then oxygen does, so it takes up the spots normally reserved for o2 transport to the bodies tissues, effectively suffocating you from the inside.....................just saying :):

:blahblah:

:D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Why dont you share your selfish opinion with the families of the 250 people that died in Marion County alone last year from second hand smoke.

If you you are too weak to stop the addiction that is killing you thats fine, (Darwin will handle it) but take your lazy butt 20 steps out the door when you smoke. You could probably use the exercise.
    If you take all these statistics that are pumped out there for everyone and add them up...well they just do not add up. One year heart disease kills millions next year colon cancer, etc..... Of those 250 how many smoked themselves, were they forced to live with smokers,..etc...

What about those people who have been smoking for 60 years. According to some of these reports of people dying from 2nd smoke you would think there is no way for someone to live 60 years of smoking 1st hand and inhaling that same 2nd hand smoke.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I thought they called it carbon monoxide poising and not carbon monoxide suffocating?:D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey!!!! I have GOOD NEWS!!

I found the solution to everyone's problem!! Why light up when you can drink up?!?
    No more smoke! Still full of that great nicotine and tar we all love. (well, I don't smoke so....)

good-news-cigarette-juice-30049-1268450584-85.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztp0vHSSVqM

Now, Everybody dance!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am sitting at my desk in my gun shop smoking a Camel right now. If someone questioned or made a comment about my smoking they would not have to worry about whether to buy the gun or not. I would ask them to leave and not come back. Losing $50 profit or so is not worth compromising my principles concerning personal freedom.
    I am trying to highlight to other small business owners to not be cowed by the PC generation. If it wasn't the smoke they would find something else to hate about you or your shop.
    I can't believe with the economy tanking, gas at $4 bucks a gallon, and personal freedoms becoming an endangered species that the lifestyle police are still trying to shove smokers to the back of the bus.
    Never compromise your principles for a buck.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    His shop. His rights.
    It's your choice not to spend money there.

I love this converstaion for so many reasons. Without making any personal judgments on the rightness or wrongness of smoking lets examine this:

1. It is the owner's right to smoke in his own store.
    2. It is the shopper's right to go somewhere else.
    3. It is the shopper's right to tell the owner that he won't shop there if there is cigarette smoke wafting through the store.
    4. It is the owner's right to shrug.

God, I love the US of A.

Top Bottom