Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You" think"? I don't think svoboda has the current national clout to control the Ukraiianan government's official actions as a nation. Again, I feel compelled to ask you for current proof.

Servant of the people party was created in 2018. Most every member of svoboda immediately joined it.It won complete control of the Verjhovna rada with 254 seats(out of 450),with only one hold out to the old svoboda party still holding a seat under that party name(the sacrificial one).

Changing the name and acting as though it was a new political party may be enough to let them hide the history of svoboda and what they really stand for,but it is the exact same people who where svoboda just a few years ago. Different name to be sure,one with no ties to well...anything.

It would be like the Democrat party in the USA all joining a new party called Freedom and country,and winning an election for control then saying see the democrats do not have any control. It is smoke and mirrors(and I really think the dems might do something like that soon lol).

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So does Hunter and the big guy still get his monthly salary?
    Doubt it since he's handing over the Ukraine to get the heat off of the complete and total failure of his administration. My only fear is he's just stupid enough to get a nuke dropped on us. He (and we) are weak and Putin knows it. I don't think he wants to invade the lower 48 but he'd sure drop a bomb to knock us down a few notches.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Here`s a precursor of what`s almost a certainty to occur since the United States has shown that we don`t have the stomach for standing up to evil and tyranny;

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Servant of the people party was created in 2018. Most every member of svoboda immediately joined it.It won complete control of the Verjhovna rada with 254 seats(out of 450),with only one hold out to the old svoboda party still holding a seat under that party name(the sacrificial one).

Changing the name and acting as though it was a new political party may be enough to let them hide the history of svoboda and what they really stand for,but it is the exact same people who where svoboda just a few years ago. Different name to be sure,one with no ties to well...anything.
    I appreciate the effort. I will counter with the 2019 Presidential election that Zelensky won in which a svoboda lead coalition candidate they picked only garnered 1.6 % of the vote.

In the same year's parliamentary election other parties joined svoboda to form a unified party in which they only managed to garner 2.15% of the vote. I even remember Zelensky boasting to President Trump at the time that they just won both the Presidency and the parliament with no sign of svoboda gaining any controlling influence over Ukraine's national government affairs.

I'm still not seeing a svoboda controlled national Ukrainian government under any name that you claim to believe.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Every other man gets a rifle the other gets a magazine!

Cant imagine sending untrained people into that mess.

If the Ukrainians took back the airport big news if true.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I appreciate the effort. I will counter with the 2019 Presidential election that Zelensky won in which a svoboda lead coalition candidate they picked only garnered 1.6 % of the vote.

In the same year's parliamentary election other parties joined svoboda to form a unified party in which they only managed to garner 2.15% of the vote. I even remember Zelensky boasting to President Trump at the time that they just won both the Presidency and the parliament with no sign of svoboda gaining any controlling influence over Ukraine's national government affairs.

I'm still not seeing a svoboda controlled national Ukrainian government under any name that you claim to believe.
    I am confused. svoboda still exists yes,but most of it became the now "Servant of the people party" created in 2018. They actually do control most of the government(they won control in 2019).

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Ukraine seems to be putting up a damn good fight, at least in the North.. The south is a different story, but the place is big and there is far to go, and the south faces long long supply lines.

It seems the Russian airborne forces failed at the airport. One of the sources I have seen are the pilots of the AN-225. (The worlds largest airplane), its apparently trapped in this mess. The pilots of that plane are on social media, and have been tweeting about the airplane and the airport.

This is the best information I have found from some people on twitter collecting reports from inside Ukraine.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well certainly the Russians will back out of Ukraine now that sleepy joe has written a harsh retort to their invasion...

People are dying, right now, and we do nothing. How will any of our allies ever trust us to have their backs? Russia, China, and Iran are all in bed together. One day soon, when we`ve sat back and done nothing to protect democracies around the world, we`ll look up and we`ll be surrounded by these evil empires with no one to ally to.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well certainly the Russians will back out of Ukraine now that sleepy joe has written a harsh retort to their invasion...

People are dying, right now, and we do nothing. How will any of our allies ever trust us to have their backs? Russia, China, and Iran are all in bed together. One day soon, when we`ve sat back and done nothing to protect democracies around the world, we`ll look up and we`ll be surrounded by these evil empires with no one to ally to.
    Some of our so-called allies don't want us to do anything. See Germany and the EU in general.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I am going to be honest and unfiltered. I am more worried about what the IMF will do if Ukraine misses an interest payment than I am about a puppet government we installed failing to repel an attack. They already sent 700million(which Ukraine is using to buy arms from the USA).

In short without the IMF funding it would be over in a week.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom