Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I appreciate the effort. I will counter with the 2019 Presidential election that Zelensky won in which a svoboda lead coalition candidate they picked only garnered 1.6 % of the vote.

In the same year's parliamentary election other parties joined svoboda to form a unified party in which they only managed to garner 2.15% of the vote. I even remember Zelensky boasting to President Trump at the time that they just won both the Presidency and the parliament with no sign of svoboda gaining any controlling influence over Ukraine's national government affairs.

I'm still not seeing a svoboda controlled national Ukrainian government under any name that you claim to believe.
    According to Biddle, the Azov regiment - which functions as an armed wing of the broader Ukrainian white nationalist Azov movement - is classified as a "Tier 1" dangerous organization under FB policy, alongside the likes of ISIS and the KKK. It began as a volunteer anti-Russia militia before officially joining the Ukrainian National Guard in 2014, and is known for its hardcore ultranationalist views and neo-Nazi ideology.

The group was formally banned by Facebook in 2019, and designated (along with several individuals) under the company's prohibition against hate groups - subject to their harshest "Tier 1" restrictions that ban users from "praise, support, or representation" of blacklisted groups across all company-owned platforms

Welcome to clown world.FB is allowing you to praise them,but do not show any pictures of the Nazi symbols they fly and wear on their uniforms...that is a no no.

"
    Examples of allowed speech include: "Azov movement volunteers are real heroes, they are a much needed support to our national guard," and "We are under attack. Azov has been courageously defending our town for the last 6 hours," and "I think Azov is playing a patriotic role during this crisis."

That said, the group still can't use Facebook for recruiting purposes or publishing its own statements. The regiment's uniforms and banners will continue to be banned as hate symbol imagery."

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Telemetry (which is still online apparently, and viewable to those with access over the internet) is showing a spike in radiation levels around the Chernobyl confinement. Thankfully its confined to the imediate plant confines, indicating perhaps an errand heavy round holed the confinement we (The west) put over the plant.

FMZAxUGWYAI1C_u

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Putin is out to kill off all the Ukraine nationalists. That's what he's calling Nazis. Some here have swallowed his propaganda all the way down. He has brought in Chechen loyalist militias to hunt down and kill these people who love their country who are not Nazis at all. Talk about genocide.

Uh, no, Azov are certainly nazis lol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

Now we can debate just how good or bad that is, but to say they aren't is a bit weird.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Kiev is a relic spelling based on the Russian pronunciation of Ки́їв.
    Even though both Russia and Ukraine use the Cyrillic alphabet, they are two different languages and there are differences in the alphabet itself.
    Kyiv was officially adopted as the preferred western spelling in 1995 by the Ukrainian parliament, but was not pushed for until the uprising of Maidan Square in 2015 when the Russian supported government was toppled. Using Kyiv was a sign defiance during that uprising and continued since them.

Ukraine had been under Russian control since 1921.
    After the Russian revolution and the fall of the Czar in 1917, Ukraine declared itself a free republic only to be subdued by the Russians/Soviets in 1921, until the fall of the Soviet Union In 1991, when it became it‘s own republic, then Russian’s have wanted it back since then.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but it is a complicated story that my family had endured.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Kiev is a relic spelling based on the Russian pronunciation of Ки́їв.
    Even though both Russia and Ukraine use the Cyrillic alphabet, they are two different languages and there are differences in the alphabet itself.
    Kyiv was officially adopted was the preferred western spelling in 1995 by the Ukrainian parliament, but was not pushed for until the uprising of Maidan Square in 2015 when the Russian supported government was toppled. Using Kyiv was a sign defiance during that uprising and continued since them.

Ukraine had been under Russian control since 1921.
    After the Russian revolution and the fall of the Czar in 1917, Ukraine declared itself a free republic only to be subdued by the Russians/Soviets in 1921, until the fall of the Soviet Union In 1991, when it became it‘s own republic, then Russian’s have wanted it back since then.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but it is a complicated story that my family had endured.

Thanks for that post. Very informative. Do you still have family over in Ukraine?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I’m sorry to hear that. I hope your cousin is ok.

I have very little faith in the US media. Hopefully we are getting unbiased news here.

The best you can do is try to scrap through tons of various reports/live coverage, and various international forums.

It's a war, there's going to be confusion and chaos. Also heaps of propaganda flying from both sides.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The best you can do is try to scrap through tons of various reports/live coverage, and various international forums.

It's a war, there's going to be confusion and chaos. Also heaps of propaganda flying from both sides.
    Yes ignore the big new outlets, all they are doing mostly is fishing twitter for stuff, things you can do yourself...
    A couple of the big networks do have people on the ground there, but only a couple. The twitter posters outnumber them.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ukraine is going to have to fight in the same manner as the Afghans did against the russians
    Looks that way.....and if they are effective may turn the Russian public against Putin, and how bad do the Russians being sent in really want to be there. Ukraines that want to be free, that want to be nazi's, that want Russia help, that don't want Russia's help.....what a mess. Another good reason to stay out of messes, and stop helping to make them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom