Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This still remains baffling to me

38NhYgP.jpeg

I think the simplest explanation is that the Western Media knows not to believe the things it writes, so it's no big deal to them to flip the script.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The “Foreign Commandos“ appear to be a joke! Brown and Root is not catering the event. They are used to luxury stuff the Ukrainian people don’t have.

Tracking this in the Intel shop, one thing that enlightened folks should be aware of is the fact that none of the US paramilitary contractors are spinning up for any operations. The only current PMC operation underway is through a cutout on the SOF/PMC job board looking for contractors to do PSD (protective service detail) and extraction work for HVIs/VIPs:

ETA as well - even the shady PMCs aren't picking a side to go fight for because they know it's a political hot potato and there's no one footing the bill.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Begging for a no-fly zone...

Our dumbass congress will probably go for it and kick off ww3.
    This is probably better than Bug102's idea that we should nuke china right now. Pretty sure that'll kick something off.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sounds more like Vietnam
    Your probably referencing that in the fact it's turned into a quagmire.

It is that, and the Iran Iraq 1980-1988 was was a quagmire, but a conventional force on force one with front lines. Iraq invaded with ground troops, and after the initial movements it stalled, and went static.

Vietnam was largely an Counter Insurgency action until we left and the NVA moved in in the mid 70s.

If you want a US parallel. Think the Korean war after the Chinese joined.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

No idea if true, but I'm posting it because it's the first I've seen of it and JUST came out.
    So as part of Ukraine's proposal they would comit to not joining NATO and not allow foreign bases and weaponry in exchange for what they call a "Ukranian model of security guarantees" which implies the immediate and legally verified participation of a number of guarantor countries in the conflict on the side of Ukraine, if someone again encroaches on its territorial integrity"

Basically Ukraine wants the US,UK and Turkey who are three key NATO members to become security guarantors and come to the aid in Ukraine's defense. So it's basically a scaled down NATO that Ukraine proposes.. I don't see how that's gonna fly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom