Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I wish I could word it more nicely as I respect Yeager immensely, but I don't think he's planning for a flight home.
    You're probably right. Like I said in a previous post he most likely would rather go out this way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He’ll want scapegoats, but in the end it was his call and his defeat.
    Dubious China will bail him out with arms. Rather they’ll offer to mediate a peace.
    I agree. Not sure China wants to be drawn into this militarily or resource wise. They have their eyes on another prize. Putin chose this fight China did'nt and it's affecting China globally as well.

I believe they are more interested in participating in a peaceful solution rather than an escalation.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sorry, but he really seems unhinged. Is he on drugs or something? His mannerisms and speech patterns are not normal.
    WTH is going on with his hair? He's starting to look like the Ancient Aliens guy...

The hair. Something about he's not going to cut it until? I think it had something to do with covid restrictions or something. But I could be wrong.

I don't see anything about mannerisms or speech patterns. Yes, he is a bit "excited".
    That's the way he is.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Russia's defeat?

I understand optimism is a good thing, but there's a fine line between optimism and crazy.
    A lot of the reddit foreign aid fighters immediately bailed after getting a sight of the situation on the ground.

Here's a thread detailing them.

I guess they figured out that posing with a bunch of gear for cameras and upvotes on reddit is more fun than actually making good on their word.

Current map:
    Zq4jusf.png

Putin has already lost considerable face, so yes, a defeat. Aka Pyrrhic victory.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't see anything about mannerisms or speech patterns. Yes, he is a bit "excited".
    That's the way he is.
    Oh okay. To be honest, I haven't really watched him. I usually click on his videos and see how long they are and decide not to watch. :): I saw that one was relatively short so I watched.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Russia's defeat?

I understand optimism is a good thing, but there's a fine line between optimism and crazy.
    A lot of the reddit foreign aid fighters immediately bailed after getting a sight of the situation on the ground.

Here's a thread detailing them.

I guess they figured out that posing with a bunch of gear for cameras and upvotes on reddit is more fun than actually making good on their word.

Current map:
    Zq4jusf.png

Apparently the big point of entry/rally point for incoming foreigners got hit hard by a ballistic missile strike. Probably sobered them up quick.

The Polish border is a huge strategic problem for Russia. People and western weaponry are pouring over in convoys, unmolested. I expect them to get bolder about trying to hit incoming material, their losses to those fancy missiles are just too high.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fake news, though.

The Germans, at least at the beginning, had revolutionized tactics and some weapons.
    But they didn't seem to adapt as well.
    Also, while they had industry set up at the beginning, once ours got converted over we stomped all over them.
    Our tactics and weapons adapted.

One major issue, communications and control.
    By the time the early Allies got information back to command, decision made, and orders back to the front, the orders were useless.

Also, the combined arms at the beginning. The Germans used them effectively together.

But, not to well.
    By the end of the war, the Germans showed lack of coordination between the services.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Watch this all the way to the end. It will send chills up your spine.

Ward has some good videos.
    If I remember, he was a F-14 driver. And has some good videos.

He has some insight into this. But I'd take it with a grain of salt.
    Not saying he's wrong.
    Just that he's been out a while.

I agree with a lot of what he says.
    But still, situations are fluid. You can be right today, and then tactics adapt, or a weapon comes out, or logistics gets unf'd.

Also, bad leaders get replaced.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anti-tank weapons. Good to have.
    But those light anti-tank stuff would be well used against APCs, BEFORE the troops deploy.
    Then, UNASS the area.
    APCs are easier to hit. More casualties. And the tanks NEED infantry support. So, take away the support.

Course, I'm a sub guy.
    So my comments means ZILCH.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Ward has some good videos.
    If I remember, he was a F-14 driver. And has some good videos.

He has some insight into this. But I'd take it with a grain of salt.
    Not saying he's wrong.
    Just that he's been out a while.

I agree with a lot of what he says.
    But still, situations are fluid. You can be right today, and then tactics adapt, or a weapon comes out, or logistics gets unf'd.

Also, bad leaders get replaced.
    Hey, most of us have been out for a while. :bat:

Seriously though, good video Snoop. :yesway:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The Germans, at least at the beginning, had revolutionized tactics and some weapons.
    But they didn't seem to adapt as well.
    Also, while they had industry set up at the beginning, once ours got converted over we stomped all over them.
    Our tactics and weapons adapted.

One major issue, communications and control.
    By the time the early Allies got information back to command, decision made, and orders back to the front, the orders were useless.

Also, the combined arms at the beginning. The Germans used them effectively together.

But, not to well.
    By the end of the war, the Germans showed lack of coordination between the services.
    All true. The Germans were great at fighting a regional war against largely unprepared neighbors..

Also, if the Polish cavalry consisted of 17th century Hussars led by Jan III Sobieski, they would have kicked Panzer ass.

Screenshot_20220313-192302_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom