• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    The OP left out the GP100 because it would completely contradict the statement that Rugers are ugly. IMHO saying a stainless GP with rosewood grips is ugly is as bad as kicking Jessica Alba out of bed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I believe there are many fine looking Rugers including:

The No. 1

The original Bearcat

The Hawkeye Pistol (at least to me, something about the simplicity)

The blued Service and Speed Sixes.

However, as to the entire line, yes, I concur it is function over form, and that is a fine attitude to take.:)

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    The OP left out the GP100 because it would completely contradict the statement that Rugers are ugly. IMHO saying a stainless GP with rosewood grips is ugly is as bad as kicking Jessica Alba out of bed.

The GP100 is at best, a moderately attractive firearm. Compared to other Rugers, beautiful, but they did away with the old grips and therefore cut off its legs. Ruger absolutely refuses to have good-looking pistols.

As to the Bearcat...I have one of the first years, before the ugly medallion, with the Rosewood grips and the brass trigger guard. A fair pistol, but not the Remington six it was made to resemble.

Keep 'em coming, keep 'em coming...

Last edited:

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    How did this thread get 3 pages without someone mentioning the unsightly FULL OWNERS MANUAL posted on the side of the barrels?

The only Rugers that I find great looking are fixed sight single actions. And only in stainless. The flat bluing finish makes me want to vomit.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    How did this thread get 3 pages without someone mentioning the unsightly FULL OWNERS MANUAL posted on the side of the barrels?

Excellent point! Maye that's why the barrels are so big and awkward, because they have to stamp the entire Webster's Unabridged Guide to Ruger on the side?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I feel like the guy with a new girlfriend that the guys say is ugly. I just bought a Ruger Security Six because I looked at it and said... :thatshot: Now, you tell me she is more like... :puke:? As I talk to my gun: "It's alright baby, he doesn't know what beauty looks like. He probably has a Jennings .22!"

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    three pages and no one has said anything about the most beautiful ruger yet...the ruger "red label" that is a thing of beauty! a work of art, and a damn fine shotgun to boot!

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Ruger SR9 ugly.... compared to what? Certainly not to a Glock.:n00b: Come on a Glock is a elongated box with a handle on it. :popcorn:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

guns002.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I feel like the guy with a new girlfriend that the guys say is ugly. I just bought a Ruger Security Six because I looked at it and said... :thatshot: Now, you tell me she is more like... :puke:? As I talk to my gun: "It's alright baby, he doesn't know what beauty looks like. He probably has a Jennings .22!"

That's right. These people are heathens!!! Ruger revolvers are pure sex.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    That's right. These people are heathens!!! Ruger revolvers are pure sex.

The revolvers don't bother me too much, they actually look pretty good. But some of these sr9 xx look alittle to me like the J lo of guns with that big ol butt hangin off of them:):

By the way I LOVE J lo . :D

Top Bottom