• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I think my security six is PURDY! My Redhawk, is, well,OK looking, just big. My P90 is a pig, but she's MY pig! and she has a great personality...really! The skinny little .22 std. auto makes for great jealousy among the other gals, but ,really ,not so much to look at either.Whats your point?

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    LOL, I missed a day yesterday.:dunno:

Here you go Jack. I got you a present to make you smile.
    Your very own...
    Ruger Charger 22-10 Pistol 22LR Black Laminate 10 Rd Mag W/Bipod..

4j11.jpg

isn't it Gorgeous?

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have had quite a few Rugers over the years. Never really considered them ugly and they always worked flawlessly. Only problem I had with them was the weight. I got rid of my last Ruger semi-auto last year and replaced it with a S&W M&P which I consider the best change I have ever made concerning my handguns. I even spent $$$$ on a Kimber to replace the M&P but the Kimber ended up as a safe dweller and the M&P remains at my side.

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I would love to see ruger go out on a limb and produce a new gun like a mark 2 or mark 3 but in 9mm,.40, .45 or .357 sig. I think people would buy them like crazy.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I would love to see ruger go out on a limb and produce a new gun like a mark 2 or mark 3 but in 9mm,.40, .45 or .357 sig. I think people would buy them like crazy.

Highly doubtful. The mechanics are very different for the center vs rimfires. And I would really hate to have to deal with the take-down procedures on the larger calibers. :xmad: That said, Ruger is working on a new line- the SR series (SR9, SR9c, SR40, SR40c). And overall, they are being well received. I wouldn't necessarily call them pretty, but they are much better looking than the P-series.

Last edited:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    lets see now, how many of them ugly guns di i own ? da ugly ones are hard to keep track of they must mate or something.:D

Ugly or pretty, I wish my guns would mate and multiply on their own!!

Eh, my buddy Andy219 has a good-looking GP100 Royal Phoenix. I figured I'd better give him some credit, because it is a damn nice gun.

Last edited:

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    this is one of the most humous but yet serious post ive had the pleasure to read but now its my turm the P series bulk but yet effective ,single action pistols for the western shooter quite attractive , but the redhawks ,supers,gp100,and the 101s i feel are very appeaing then lets get to the long guns m77s,No.1s,RED LABELS,and the mini targets VERY SHARP.As for the mini 14 and 30s they are ok not really accure as my AR. and as for the gluck if it was my dog id shave its backside and teach it to walk backwards but im partial look at my name lol

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    "Rugers won't win any beauty contests..."

I beg to differ... 44 Special Flattop, book removed from barrel and case colors and bluing by Turnbull...

That is a beautiful gun. A beautiful gun with significant aftermarket work to make it look like a beautiful gun straight from the factory of another well-known manufacturer.

This raises an excellent point: how much work does one have to do to make a Ruger attractive?

PurdueJim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    If you google "rugged alaskan with stag grips" I believe you will see a fine example of one good looking ruger super red hawk alaskan revolver.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Maybe you have never seen a Ruger GP100 stainless revolver, they are beautiful and shoots very well.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have to disagree with the OP, the P-series (up to P95) Are beautiful in my opinion! The P90 and P93 are two of my favorites. They are bulky, but the feel and shoot great. I also think they are cool to look at! Especially the P90 pictured in this tread with the wood Hogue grips :yesway:

Top Bottom