• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    KP345 IS BEAUTIMOUS!!! SR9/SR40 are ugly as a Hi Point.....okay, not quite but close. The preceeding was my factual opinion.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    i agree on the 1911's but buety is in the eye of the beholder. to stay on subject as far as ruger is involved there great shooting guns and short of not having any warentee they cover there product. the older ones are great im not too impressed with the newer ones as far as quality is conserned they seem cheeper in there quality since the old man passed away

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder" which means, everyone in entitled to their own opinion!!! :popcorn:

Personally...I think they are B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. guns...except maybe the P-series. Their revolvers are awesome...I have six (6) of them...including the LCR! The LCR is a technological marval!!! :D

Their SR-9 (and now, .40) are very beautiful guns...even just to look at!

Their revolvers have excellent factory grips (I wish Colt & S&W had the foresight to develop such a nice grip!) :patriot:

But the real beauty is in their performance! Built tough...will handle anything that you put through them...and accurate!! :rockwoot:

You won't sell me on another gun! :cool:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Speed six... beautiful
    GP 100... beautiful, with the original wood inlaid grip
    MK11... good looking
    Sr9c... good looking

There is something about the wood inlaid grips of the GP's and SRH that I find appealing. When they got away from them I agree they are ugly.

The Speed Six with wood grips is beautiful. I wanted one the first time I saw it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Now, hear me out. Glocks are streamlined, they are basic and blocky and fine. Rugers are intentionally ugly. There is nothing really bad-looking about the Glock, but there is nothing exceptional about it either. I just think that Rugers seem to go out of their way in R&D to make automatics (and some revolvers) that just don't look good. Now, I might be a little paranoid too, I'm not saying that's not the case...

Come on now, we're getting all hung up in opinions that aren't mine.

Ruger has their dog faces, no doubt about it. Way to many Buck Rogers boys and slaves to fashion in there like about any manufacture of any thing today. Cars, guns, knives, what ever these morons in design wouldn't know what looks good or is good if you glued it to their nose. Plastic Chinese imitation crap, you name it they all have one they copied off some one else. Then there's a few that don't do any thing else, black, plastic, imitation, crap, nothing wrong with it until it's so prevalent then next generation has never seen good and Walla! Now you get threads about how the Wal-Mart Chinese import of guns suddenly "looks good". ROTFLMAO!

That's hilarious. I guess some one has to make the claw hammers of guns but they sure aren't "good looking" just because they'll shoot and pound nails with the same tool.

Last edited:

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Not sure what the OP sees but I have owned some (what I think) beautiful Rugers!!

271c4702.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Didn't have any pics of the redhawks with the wood inlayed grips ..... darn. They did look good in the dress up clothes but if you use em you dress em accordingly. The S&W 500 doesnt wear wood inlays for a reason .... :D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Guess I'm going to have to amend my definition of ugly. I had managed to block out the absolute horror of what used to be a nice hand gun after it's had a rifle scope glommed on to it. Car/trucks, truck/cars, plastic Tupperware Chinese guns, do rag bald spots, shirts with anime cartoon crap, some things just can't be "unseen".

I may be close but, when I'm too old to shoot a handgun I'm sure not going to try turning one in to a rifle and convince myself I'm still a hand gunner, or I just like do-rags and ball caps. Just give it up guys, it is what it is and it's NOT WHAT IT'S NOT, regardless what you call it.

Last edited:

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I guess everyone has their opinions .... lol. My scoped firearms were scoped for a reason. TO USE. With poor eye sight and the will to still humanely take game you do what you gotta do. With the scopes no tree rats or deer were safe ..... :D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If I need a rifle, then I need a rifle not some Reese Cup concoction people who can't make up their own mind haul around in a 4 door car/truck.

"Hey! You got rifle on my hand gun!"

"No dufus, you got handgun on my RIFLE!"

It's enough to make Harry Callahan puke.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    If I need a rifle, then I need a rifle not some Reese Cup concoction people who can't make up their own mind haul around in a 4 door car/truck.

"Hey! You got rifle on my hand gun!"

"No dufus, you got handgun on my RIFLE!"

It's enough to make Harry Callahan puke.

So...... I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here. Uh.... you're not a big fan of scoped handguns?:D

Top Bottom