• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I thought I would finish off the the experience I have had with the Ruger SR-22. The Wife and I put 300 rounds through this little gun. The very first round did not feed right and kinked the side of the case (My Wife was cycling the gun) , Not sure if the Mag was not loaded correctly or what. After that we did not have a problem at all,None. We Ran all Federal Bulk except about 30 Stingers to show the wife how they felt. That is what I would load it with when I am not home and she had to use it. Like I said above I sold a Ruger 22/45 to get the SR-22 with the hope that the wife could Load the Magazines,Clear jams, and work all the Controls by herself. We never had to clear a jam but she did all of the above with no problems. You could not even tell that the gun was dirty from beginning to the end,It ran the same all the way through. Like I said it was Glockish perfection.LOL. My SR9C has been the same. Starting to love these Rugers. With the 22/45 you could tell when it was dirty.

DirtySR-1.jpg

DirtySR-2.jpg

Right Out of the box the SR-22 was accurate. It may not be as accurate as the 22/45 but close enough and much easier to shoot for my Wife so it will be more fun for her to shoot and she will get more accurate as she shoots it. I have put 9 out of 10 in the same hole with the 22/45. I may not be able to do it with this gun but close. I shot several though the same hole in the Right lower target. All the other targets the Wife shot. Even at 15 Yards we could both keep them on the target with about a 4" to 5" group without even trying for super tiny groups. After I got home I moved the rear sight over to get it to shoot more to the right. The Rear sight was to far to the left, Did not have a screw driver small enough to do it at the range. I am waiting for Ruger to come out with a polished slide version to match my SR9c so I can get me one to. You know if you want two of something they must be cool. The Ruger SR-22 is a winner and a keeper. Jim

SR-22-Target.jpg

CleanSR-22.jpg

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I traded my LNIB p22 in for the sr22 sat. At the 1500. Price was $315. I have put 40 rounds throughout it so far. (4 mags). Not one hiccup shooting federal bulk. I love the gun. And I really liked the p22 too. Just thought I'd try something new.

The trigger on the ruger is alot smoother, the slide pulls back and returns foward Waaaaaay smoother. And I love that the barrel is heavy stainless and one piece with the chamber and feed ramp. Vs the drinking straw barrel made of several pieces on the p22.
    The saftey is still upside down compared to the 1911 but I like that it is on the frame and Completly disengages the hammer from the trigger unlike the p22.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    What was the recoil like compared to the 22/45?

I've got a big ole heavy Buck Mark and my son loves shooting it. Recoil is non-existent. But I got this SR22 as I figure it would a perfect trainer for him. Fits his hands well.

Hopefully he'll be shooting steel with me in a few years with it.'

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Recoil is more pronounced on the SR-22 compared to 22/45 but was not bad. I could see it jump a little in the wifes hand. Probably the same a Walther. Jim

charley7623

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    ruger sr22 pistol

Have not heard much as far as the availablity of the threaded barrel yet. Ive had my sr22 since feb 2012 and have bout a 1000 rounds through it. One of my good friends bought the walther just after I got mine. The prices were fairly close. The biggest difference we have found in the two guns is the ammo. The walther likes the cci mini mags. It does ok on the bulk federal but won't cycle if its a light loaded one. Have had a few that won't fire. Eject them and put them in the little ruger and pow. Don't know if the hammer drops harder on the ruger or what. The ruger cycles flawless even on the real cheap stuff. I clean it after ever hundred or two hundred rounds and it keeps on keeping on. From my experience its just as relaible as my 10/22 that has several thousand rounds through it. Thats my 2 cents.

Top Bottom