• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ok...i saw one today and the hammer pull is really long and i had to pull it a couple times to get it to lock into single action...i hope it has a good safety mechanism because the hammer could slip out of your hand easily

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I rented a Walther P22 this weekend for the wife. I bought a Ruger SR-22 today ($306.00 + tax). I can tell you that the Ruger is by far better quality than the Walther. Think of the GSG 1911-22 compared to the Chiappa 1911-22. The Chiappa will get the job done but the GSG is by far nicer quality. If thing eats amo like all the reviews have said so far ruger will have a winner and will sell tons. I think looks are in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks cool and better in person. Working all of the functions Slide,Safety,mag release and even loading mags should be a breeze for the wife. After getting my Ruger SR9c I am becoming a Ruger Fan Boy. If I can get it away from the wife I will get some pictures and a range report this weekend.
    Jim

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I rented a Walther P22 this weekend for the wife. I bought a Ruger SR-22 today ($306.00 + tax). I can tell you that the Ruger is by far better quality than the Walther. Think of the GSG 1911-22 compared to the Chiappa 1911-22. The Chiappa will get the job done but the GSG is by far nicer quality. If thing eats amo like all the reviews have said so far ruger will have a winner and will sell tons. I think looks are in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks cool and better in person. Working all of the functions Slide,Safety,mag release and even loading mags should be a breeze for the wife. After getting my Ruger SR9c I am becoming a Ruger Fan Boy. If I can get it away from the wife I will get some pictures and a range report this weekend.
    Jim

Watch out! you will be crucified on this forum for liking Rugers

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Jim

Where did you pick it up at? I too carry an SR9c and love it. Are the controls, size, weight, ect similar to the SR9 series pistols? I think it would be awesome (and cheap) to be able to train with the .22, if it is similar to my SR9c

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I picked mine up at Four guns here in Lafayette. They have 2 more I believe. This SR-22 is quite a bit smaller than the SR9c. I am not sure there will be value in practiceing with the SR-22 for the SR9c. I will try to take pictures tonite of the 2 together.

As far as getting Crucified for being a Ruger fan. Let it begin!!!! I was a Glock fan until I found out how much I hated the way they felt when I picked up other guns. If I had 5 Glocks right now I would go trade them for 7 Rugers. I do like XDM's though. Jim

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I really like the look of it and it definitely should be a nice gun on the basis of quality of guns ruger has produced over the years. Just don't know if i'll like the price lol...

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was wrong when I said that the SR-22 was alot smaller than the SR9c, They are actually pretty darn close. The SR-22 sure does feel alot smaller in the hand I think because of the smaller grip. My wife actually liked the bigger grip over the smaller grip. She had no problems manipulating all the functions of the gun. Like I said before if it shoots as good as it looks and Feels this gun will be a keeper. Here are some pictures of the SR9c next to the SR-22. Jim
    sr22-1.jpg

sr22-2.jpg

sr22-3.jpg

sr22-4.jpg

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I was wrong when I said that the SR-22 was alot smaller than the SR9c, They are actually pretty darn close. The SR-22 sure does feel alot smaller in the hand I think because of the smaller grip.

I also have both the sr9c and the sr-22 pistol, I agree with your comment about the grip. I can get all 4 finger on the grip of the sr-22 with the flat bottom magazine but I can't comfortably get my pinky finger on the grip of the sr9c with the flat bottom 10 round magazine. The sr22 also feel much lighter even though there is only a 6 oz difference.

The SR-22 has a push up to disengage the safety whereas the sr9c has a push doen to turn off the safety. Other than that they are similar enough for someone like me who has only been shooting for less than a year.

I have over 600 rounds through my sr-22, I have definitely been able to improve my general shooting technique a bit. I have had only 1 failure to feed, I think it was due to the value pack federal ammo not cycling the slide though

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Only negative thing I've heard against Ruger was a member said his Baby Glock was much better than the SR9. Didn't show his test results.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I also have both the sr9c and the sr-22 pistol, I agree with your comment about the grip. I can get all 4 finger on the grip of the sr-22 with the flat bottom magazine but I can't comfortably get my pinky finger on the grip of the sr9c with the flat bottom 10 round magazine. The sr22 also feel much lighter even though there is only a 6 oz difference.

The SR-22 has a push up to disengage the safety whereas the sr9c has a push doen to turn off the safety. Other than that they are similar enough for someone like me who has only been shooting for less than a year.

I have over 600 rounds through my sr-22, I have definitely been able to improve my general shooting technique a bit. I have had only 1 failure to feed, I think it was due to the value pack federal ammo not cycling the slide though

Interesting about the safety on it. I wonder what prompted Ruger to deviate (from what I can tell), from their other safety set ups. Are there any other Ruger Pistols out there that have the "up to Fire" type safety on them. From what I remembered they are all down to fire.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Interesting about the safety on it. I wonder what prompted Ruger to deviate (from what I can tell), from their other safety set ups. Are there any other Ruger Pistols out there that have the "up to Fire" type safety on them. From what I remembered they are all down to fire.

I think maybe the Ruger P95 has the "Up to fire" & "down to engage safety/decock" design, but I have never held one.

jrose361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2011
    held a sr22p today at a shop in new haven IN really wanted to buy but i think i may what to see if the price they had on it is going to be the going price at other shops once they start shipping out more

Top Bottom