RSOs view of the world.. Training or the lack of it :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    How many.556 rounds do you put down range at 10 yards just punching paper? OR Mini slugs for that matter.

VEeK0TL.jpg

Or someone is practice hold overs and shouldering with repetition....

but hey ... here at INGO we are better then you and we know it

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It fell runner-up to Big Trouble in Little China. And rightfully so. Lol

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Whoa! Whoa!

"Big Trouble in Little China" was objectively a very good movie. The Hot Shots things were just stupid funny and not in the same league.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    For anyone who isn't in the know.....BTiLC the board game is fun as hell. My brother, nephew, and I have had some really good night's playing in the recent months. My brother pre-ordered and it actually came with a six demon bag for dice. (Stock photo from interwebs)
    c5ae99fab3886e24029039bbdb4a053e.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    And if you all feel like a trip down the rabbit hole, the 3 storms from BTiLC are influenced by the 3 masters of death from a film titled 'Shogun Assassin' (best MA film ever)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    :n00b::ugh::ugh::ugh:Just when I think I've seen it all and NOTHING can flabbergast me, yes I said flabbergast. I apologize for no pics up front and if you don't believe this I completely understand but you can't make this s--t up. I was just coming in for my shift so I witnessed what happened on the sales floor. New gun owner gets range time and has to buy the paper shoe covers because he has flip flops on. Walks right by the door with big sign that says "range entrance" and tries to get through the locked door to receiving. (It's very possible that his English skills were so lacking that he couldn't read the sign on the door into the range) He was captured by the range counter employee and shown the entrance to the range. Soon there after I hear the RSO on the radio and he sounds like he is in tears. He said the guy came in, went into the stall to shoot and was trying to put one of the paper shoe covers over his head for hearing protection. Turned to the RSO and said, too tight won't fit. It took a little while for the RSO compose himself and he instructed said customer on what the hearing protection was and how to use it. This particular RSO never takes his phone in the range but I think this may encourage him to do so from now on.
    Customer shoots 6 shots and reloads. His pistol has a laser and RSO notices that customer is aiming at the target in the adjacent lane so RSO clears the pistol and tells him he needs a class before he returns. Customer smiles and happily leaves the range just as I was entering. The RSO this happened to is a retired Marine gunnery Sgt. I've seen him amused but never in the state he was in today. His face looked sunburned and he still had tears on his cheeks from the laughter. "Believe it or not" has nothing on what happens in a range.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, I believe you. I never understood the cultures that insist on wearing flip flops, soccer shoes, etc EVERYWHERE. (I presume muslims would prefer them because they can easily slip them off going into a mosque, or removing them multiple times a day to pray?) I remember vividly seeing a decently dressed SE Asian looking gent at the NRAAM. Wasnt in a suit, but also wasnt wearing a ripped tee and shorts. My first gut feeling is he was a doctor. Not sure why. (maybe he was in scrubs?)

Anyway... I looked down at his feet and he was wearing those soccer slippers with no socks. What struck me was that his toes were hanging over the edge, literally gripping the front edge of the slipper. The tips of his toes might have actually been calloused from all the contact with the ground. And with God as my witness, his toenails looked like he could have a distinct advantage climbing a tree. :puke:

Reminded me of a friend of mine of many years, whom I worked for at one time who wore Birkenstocks most of the year. Wear shoes, men. (unless you are at the pool or the gym shower) Nobody needs to see your nasty feet.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Wear shoes, men. (unless you are at the pool or the gym shower) Nobody needs to see your nasty feet.

Hate to break it to you... sandals are shoes, they are a type of shoe. http://triptothewild.com/are-sandals-considered-shoes/

I wear sandals whenever I can, last thing I want to do is keep them cooped up in a foot coffin sweating. And you say "nobody needs to see my nasty feet" well nobody "needs" to look.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hate to break it to you... sandals are shoes, they are a type of shoe. http://triptothewild.com/are-sandals-considered-shoes/

I wear sandals whenever I can, last thing I want to do is keep them cooped up in a foot coffin sweating. And you say "nobody needs to see my nasty feet" well nobody "needs" to look.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Totally.
    When the snow melts and temps allow I put on my TEVA strap sandals and wear them (Except formal functions that require tennis shoes...:):) until it near snows again.

I was years and years wearing heavy work boots and confining footwear. Now it is my choice. Let them breath.

I seldom if ever wear flip flops outside the compound.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Flip-Flops with black knee-high socks and basketball shorts are not uncommon at the range by any means. Not even if it is below freezing.

Three dudes showed up last spring, no jackets, wearing shorts. Forecast was for a high of 42 or something like that. It was still in the 30s when these guys showed up.

One of them started complaining about being cold after about 15 minutes. They left shortly thereafter.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    :n00b::ugh::ugh::ugh:Just when I think I've seen it all and NOTHING can flabbergast me, yes I said flabbergast. I apologize for no pics up front and if you don't believe this I completely understand but you can't make this s--t up. I was just coming in for my shift so I witnessed what happened on the sales floor. New gun owner gets range time and has to buy the paper shoe covers because he has flip flops on. Walks right by the door with big sign that says "range entrance" and tries to get through the locked door to receiving. (It's very possible that his English skills were so lacking that he couldn't read the sign on the door into the range) He was captured by the range counter employee and shown the entrance to the range. Soon there after I hear the RSO on the radio and he sounds like he is in tears. He said the guy came in, went into the stall to shoot and was trying to put one of the paper shoe covers over his head for hearing protection. Turned to the RSO and said, too tight won't fit. It took a little while for the RSO compose himself and he instructed said customer on what the hearing protection was and how to use it. This particular RSO never takes his phone in the range but I think this may encourage him to do so from now on.
    Customer shoots 6 shots and reloads. His pistol has a laser and RSO notices that customer is aiming at the target in the adjacent lane so RSO clears the pistol and tells him he needs a class before he returns. Customer smiles and happily leaves the range just as I was entering. The RSO this happened to is a retired Marine gunnery Sgt. I've seen him amused but never in the state he was in today. His face looked sunburned and he still had tears on his cheeks from the laughter. "Believe it or not" has nothing on what happens in a range.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]
    I would've paid admission just to witness this

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Flip-Flops with black knee-high socks and basketball shorts are not uncommon at the range by any means. Not even if it is below freezing.

Three dudes showed up last spring, no jackets, wearing shorts. Forecast was for a high of 42 or something like that. It was still in the 30s when these guys showed up.

One of them started complaining about being cold after about 15 minutes. They left shortly thereafter.

You can not fix stupid. You can sometimes adjust it but no, you can never fix it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    (I presume muslims would prefer them because they can easily slip them off going into a mosque, or removing them multiple times a day to pray?)

No, because it's eleventy-bajillion degrees in much of the Islamic world. I quickly adapted to sandals when off work because anything else was like ovens on your feet when in the sunlight. Islam doesn't require one to remove his shoes before prayer. If you are outside, it's perfectly acceptable to pray with shoes on (although, like most things, it's quite possible individuals would disagree) as Mohammed was seen praying both barefoot and with shoes. Your notion probably comes from the general prohibition on shoes in Mosques. Both for reasons of respect and of cleanliness, shoes generally must be removed prior to entering the interior of a mosque. Note this is also true of most private homes if they are tradition oriented. You don't have to be barefoot, but you do need to leave your "outside shoes" just inside the door and wear shoes that are only worn inside. They aren't "house shoes" in the sense we usually have of shoes made specifically for indoor use only, just a set of sandals or the like (now often rubber flip-flops) that are only worn in the house.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, because it's eleventy-bajillion degrees in much of the Islamic world. I quickly adapted to sandals when off work because anything else was like ovens on your feet when in the sunlight. Islam doesn't require one to remove his shoes before prayer. If you are outside, it's perfectly acceptable to pray with shoes on (although, like most things, it's quite possible individuals would disagree) as Mohammed was seen praying both barefoot and with shoes. Your notion probably comes from the general prohibition on shoes in Mosques. Both for reasons of respect and of cleanliness, shoes generally must be removed prior to entering the interior of a mosque. Note this is also true of most private homes if they are tradition oriented. You don't have to be barefoot, but you do need to leave your "outside shoes" just inside the door and wear shoes that are only worn inside. They aren't "house shoes" in the sense we usually have of shoes made specifically for indoor use only, just a set of sandals or the like (now often rubber flip-flops) that are only worn in the house.

Thanks! I learned something new today.

Now I can go home, right? :):

EDIT: though its not eleventybajillion degrees here in Indiana, so there's that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom