RSOs view of the world.. Training or the lack of it :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Fellow managed to shoot his middle finger off in the parking lot of ITP recently. Don't worry, though, he cleaned it with puddle water.

Simple as pointing at your hand and pulling the trigger Kelly. I don't want anyone to think I'm insensitive but that's funny. :lmfao:AS the man said, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    That 45/40 case looks cool. I hope that you kept it.
    I have several around here somewhere. 9s shot in a 40 and 40s in a 45.. It's not as unusual to find them as you might think.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow, that took some effort. Dropping the hammer on a chambered round?

He was trying to reload a pistol with carry ammo after visiting the range and managed to discharge a round while doing so. He wasn't super chatty about the specifics. More concerned that I dared question the effectiveness of puddle water for wound care, actually, and if I was a Korean War vet. I'm not remotely old enough to be a Korean War vet, of course, that was my grandfather's war.

I am currently detailed to Homicide and was in one of my nicer suits so I didn't try to intervene in his puddle water 1st aid. Only reason I was there is I just happened to be driving by when the dispatch came out.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    He was trying to reload a pistol with carry ammo after visiting the range and managed to discharge a round while doing so. He wasn't super chatty about the specifics. More concerned that I dared question the effectiveness of puddle water for wound care, actually, and if I was a Korean War vet. I'm not remotely old enough to be a Korean War vet, of course, that was my grandfather's war.

I am currently detailed to Homicide and was in one of my nicer suits so I didn't try to intervene in his puddle water 1st aid. Only reason I was there is I just happened to be driving by when the dispatch came out.

This guy, shoots off a finger, germs it up in a puddle, then asks you if you were a Korean War Vet? I was at K-2 Air Base in Taegu but I can assure you we weren't flying F-86 Sabres when I was there.

I wear a Flying Tigers pin on my lanyard at work. I had a WWII Vet ask me if I was in China. I think I pointed out they were flying Warthogs, not Warhawks when I was with them. Hell I was 10 when Saigon fell!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

It's the hat, sir. And the snazzy suit. Only old guys wear suits with "formal" hats.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    This guy, shoots off a finger, germs it up in a puddle, then asks you if you were a Korean War Vet? I was at K-2 Air Base in Taegu but I can assure you we weren't flying F-86 Sabres when I was there.

I wear a Flying Tigers pin on my lanyard at work. I had a WWII Vet ask me if I was in China. I think I pointed out they were flying Warthogs, not Warhawks when I was with them. Hell I was 10 when Saigon fell!

LOL, when my service in the Marine Corps comes up I am often asked if I was in Vietnam. Ummm, I was not born until 1966!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    LOL, when my service in the Marine Corps comes up I am often asked if I was in Vietnam. Ummm, I was not born until 1966!

When I had my big head laceration while waiting in the ER for the surgeon, the nurses and I were brainstorming on a good backstory for the eventual scar. One of them suggested that I tell everyone I got in "'in the 'Nam," which was brilliant, since I was born in 1965.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    When I had my big head laceration while waiting in the ER for the surgeon, the nurses and I were brainstorming on a good backstory for the eventual scar. One of them suggested that I tell everyone I got in "'in the 'Nam," which was brilliant, since I was born in 1965.

Love it! ER's tend to have some humor in them. I guess it is needed to keep from buckling under the pressures. 2004 I had a motorcycle wreck involving a deer. Laying in Methodist ER the doc came in and asked what happened. I responded with "I hit a deer on a bike." She quickly answered me with, "Whoever heard of a deer riding a bike?" Barump bump.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Love it! ER's tend to have some humor in them. I guess it is needed to keep from buckling under the pressures. 2004 I had a motorcycle wreck involving a deer. Laying in Methodist ER the doc came in and asked what happened. I responded with "I hit a deer on a bike." She quickly answered me with, "Whoever heard of a deer riding a bike?" Barump bump.

Hah! It was also fun being addressed as "the head lac" or just "head lac" all of the hours I was there.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    "LOL, when my service in the Marine Corps comes up I am often asked if I was in Vietnam. Ummm, I was not born until 1966! "

"Hell I was 10 when Saigon fell! "

Damn....I am old............

Don

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    How many.556 rounds do you put down range at 10 yards just punching paper? OR Mini slugs for that matter.

VEeK0TL.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom