• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Trump is nothing more than a hate monger who is fooling the weak minded into believing he sees them as his equal.

I am beginning to support him...I have my reservations and I do not see myself as weak minded (but I suppose no one really does)....I like underdogs...My first inkling that I may like him was when Huffington Post decided to put his campaign in the Entertainment section and all of the "serious" people began mocking him and his supporters as being stupid and sheep like...It just smelled of elitism and when I get a whiff of that I begin to bristle...

Just an opinion.....

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am beginning to support him...I have my reservations and I do not see myself as weak minded (but I suppose no one really does)....I like underdogs...My first inkling that I may like him was when Huffington Post decided to put his campaign in the Entertainment section and all of the "serious" people began mocking him and his supporters as being stupid and sheep like...It just smelled of elitism and when I get a whiff of that I begin to bristle...

Just an opinion.....

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

I've never seen it unfold as quickly as with Trump.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If by voting for him is supporting, I will hold my nose and punch his name. After all, catering to the weak minded has worked for Obama twice! It will be Hillary if she isn't indicted, and Trump looks to be the "other side"!

This is why I will never support a party. I prefer to think for myself. People seem fine with voting against the party/person who will do them harm (personally or their values), but refuse to consider how that person/party harms others or the entire country as a whole. Trump may say he's pro 2A, but where has he EVER proven it?

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This is why I will never support a party. I prefer to think for myself. People seem fine with voting against the party/person who will do them harm (personally or their values), but refuse to consider how that person/party harms others or the entire country as a whole. Trump may say he's pro 2A, but where has he EVER proven it?

This is an idealistic view of a non-idealistic country. Of course I would like to think like that too. I honestly don't identify with either party very well. People that stand behind candidates blindly are idiots. Observe European countries that have many candidates. You can really isolate what you want. We do not have that here and are just plain stuck with choosing the lesser of two evils. If it comes down to Hillary and Trump, Trump will be receiving my vote.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Just an opinion.....

Geeeeesh.... I have been sending you telepathically happy Trump thoughts for 2 months now.. It's about time it got through that stainless plate..
    :patriot: :patriot:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Personally I could care less what his or other politicians personal believes are. What I care about is if they follow the Constitution and what their constitutes want and for them vote in that manner.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Personally I could care less what his or other politicians personal believes are. What I care about is if they follow the Constitution and what their constitutes want and for them vote in that manner.

So, from all of their past history's, I submit this race should be between Paul and Sanders. They are the only two who fit that bill. So, why aren't they leading or will even have a chance? Clinton has proven the Constitution to be nothing more than expensive toilet paper and Trump is going to trade away 2A rights as soon as he gets the chance. If "Conservatives" are so worried about conserving the Constitution, why is Trump even in the picture? It's a joke! Get ready to make America great again!

It was an honor to vote for Rand Paul on Super Tuesday. This idiot will NEVER get my vote!

A7D3E534-2108-4DA4-BD75-E6230D1FED0D.png_zpsjytik5kr.jpeg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, from all of their past history's, I submit this race should be between Paul and Sanders.

In terms of ideology, that would be the most representative situation. In reality, Clinton is a foregone conclusion and without Trump, we would be getting Jeb shoved down our throats and/or up our rear ends right now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wasn't Mitt a trust fund baby too?

Yes. His father was politically and economically connected, he was a former Chairman of GM, Governor of Michigan and Secretary of HUD in Nixon's cabinet. His dad was chief rainmaker in persuading wealthy individuals to initially invest money with the Bain start-up

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Que, Trump is the only 2016 GOP candidate that actually has his license to carry if that tells you anything

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Both parties made their selections long ago, and the voters were supposed to be irrelevant. The rats have their superdelegate thing that lets hitlery slide through even though she gets creamed in a primary. The reptiles are in absolute PSH because their selection (Jeb!) was flat out humiliated and Trump is wiping the floor with everyone else they would let us have. I measure the complaints about Trump by the party people doing the complaining. I don't like any of those people, and the closest I can come to trusting them is trusting them to do the wrong thing. Arguing about what Trump may or may not be looks pretty silly when we know damn good and well not one single good thing could possibly come from the hildabeest. If Cruz is still in by the time of our primary, I vote Cruz. After that, I vote against the felon. Trump might be a **** sandwich, but hellary is a full seven course **** meal that's been festering in the sun for a few days.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't know what we'd get with Trump in the Leadership role of the Free World.
    What we're getting in the traveling politician is a real awakening. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing but I do like the reaction it's getting from BOTH established thought parties. Maybe Trump is what we need to bust this stagnant two party system that's been laughing at the voters for years.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't know what we'd get with Trump in the Leadership role of the Free World.
    What we're getting in the traveling politician is a real awakening. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing but I do like the reaction it's getting from BOTH established thought parties. Maybe Trump is what we need to bust this stagnant two party system that's been laughing at the voters for years.

We have to stop blaming the two party system and blame ourselves! After all, how does voting for and putting a "Republican" like Trump in the White House bust the two party system, unless you are willing to admit Trump isn't a conservative Republican? If he's not, then what is he? I doubt if any of his supporters really know. What is REALLY needed to bust the two party system is people who say they are constitutionalists who are willing to vote for someone who says and proves he/she is just that. However, every time the opportunity comes around, these good people do not have the skills of other political thespians and are quickly dismissed by the very ones who cry out for them.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...What is REALLY needed to bust the two party system is people who say they are constitutionalists who are willing to vote for someone who says and proves he/she is just that. However, every time the opportunity comes around, these good people do not have the skills of other political thespians and are quickly dismissed by the very ones who cry out for them.

Although I can't claim to psycho-analyze them, I don't know that a lot of the people supporting Trump are strict Constitutionalists. I think what they see is a government that always finds a way to bend the rules in anti-Constitutional ways...just never to their benefit. It's to someone else's benefit. And they're just ready to say hell with it. They think powers that be will always find a way to keep a Constitutionalist out (Ted Cruz included) because it threatens their power, so...here comes this guy who upsets the Establishment's apple cart and he has his own money to spend and they can't stop him, so why not? Even if he's a commie, and even if he doesn't do a tenth of what he says he'll do, so what? How is it worse than what we have, the theory goes. If all he does is "stick it to the man," it will be worth it...is what I think I'm hearing.

Rand Paul can be stopped. Ted Cruz can be stopped. This blowhard, this charlatan - he can't be stopped. And that's appealing to some people.

The challenge will be, how can we appeal to these people, to make them think Conservatism will work for them, if elected? Those of us who have jobs, we mourn the loss of our freedom. These people have in some cases lost their livelihoods, to policies Conservatives _and_ Libertarians fully support. These people are mad. I myself have always said, freedom didn't necessarily make us rich...for some, it's the other way around. Think about it. Think how many Americans never really got true Freedom, until after America reached a certain prosperity level? Coal miners, slaves, the people who built the skyscrapers...the prosperous, industrial North was what rescued them. Prosperity had to come first. Then, they got freedom. I think these Trump people may be folks who've seen their prosperity go under, and they're simply not interested in hearing Rand Paul give tear-it-up speeches about the Constitutionality of hacking iPhones when they don't have jobs.

That's my take, anyway.

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon
    Republocrats or Demolicans........ they are both the same..........they both want my money....they just want to spend it on different things.....

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    We have to stop blaming the two party system and blame ourselves! After all, how does voting for and putting a "Republican" like Trump in the White House bust the two party system, unless you are willing to admit Trump isn't a conservative Republican? If he's not, then what is he? I doubt if any of his supporters really know. What is REALLY needed to bust the two party system is people who say they are constitutionalists who are willing to vote for someone who says and proves he/she is just that. However, every time the opportunity comes around, these good people do not have the skills of other political thespians and are quickly dismissed by the very ones who cry out for them.

Aren't we past all that now? We need to defeat Hillary Clinton. Period. I can't understand how anyone on this forum wouldn't see it that way.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

So, from all of their past history's, I submit this race should be between Paul and Sanders. They are the only two who fit that bill. So, why aren't they leading or will even have a chance? Clinton has proven the Constitution to be nothing more than expensive toilet paper and Trump is going to trade away 2A rights as soon as he gets the chance. If "Conservatives" are so worried about conserving the Constitution, why is Trump even in the picture? It's a joke! Get ready to make America great again!

It was an honor to vote for Rand Paul on Super Tuesday. This idiot will NEVER get my vote!

A7D3E534-2108-4DA4-BD75-E6230D1FED0D.png_zpsjytik5kr.jpeg

No offense Que, but it just doesn't look like you can have a reasonable conversation about Mr Trump.. So I'm out..

Top Bottom