• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We have to stop blaming the two party system and blame ourselves! After all, how does voting for and putting a "Republican" like Trump in the White House bust the two party system, unless you are willing to admit Trump isn't a conservative Republican? If he's not, then what is he? I doubt if any of his supporters really know. What is REALLY needed to bust the two party system is people who say they are constitutionalists who are willing to vote for someone who says and proves he/she is just that. However, every time the opportunity comes around, these good people do not have the skills of other political thespians and are quickly dismissed by the very ones who cry out for them.

A constitutionalist can't advertise themselves as such and get elected. Can cry and moan about how horrible the world is but it's a fact of life, because none of this is taught in school, nor does but a small subset of people even care after they learn.

Wave a flag, chant "USA." That's what people want.

Ultimately this is why I feel we can't lose as a country with Trump. He's going to exploit that niche, and exploit the hell out of it, becoming one of the most populist presidents ever. He's either going to have his act together and do right by the people, or they'll learn in short order how that constitution they forgot about is actually very important and affects their every day life. If he does wrong, you better believe someone who preaches the constitution is going to be in high demand.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We have to stop blaming the two party system and blame ourselves! After all, how does voting for and putting a "Republican" like Trump in the White House bust the two party system, unless you are willing to admit Trump isn't a conservative Republican? If he's not, then what is he? I doubt if any of his supporters really know. What is REALLY needed to bust the two party system is people who say they are constitutionalists who are willing to vote for someone who says and proves he/she is just that. However, every time the opportunity comes around, these good people do not have the skills of other political thespians and are quickly dismissed by the very ones who cry out for them.

First, unless you are secretly a centuries-old vampire, there had not been a true conservative in the White House in your lifetime.

Second, the results over quite a number of election cycles would tend to indicate that we really do not have ourselves to blame given that we have not had a real candidate in eons. In some cases, like that of Indiana, it is even worse in that the nomination is generally settled long before we get to pull the lever.

Third, you have a point to a certain extent so far as that Trump is not a conservative in the true sense of the word. On the other hand, he has consistently considered his personal strength to be derived from the strength of the United States which is much more than can be said for the globalists in both parties opposing him.

Fourth, I will agree that we have had some excellent potential candidates arbitrarily dismissed, but there is nothing I can do about that, otherwise it would have been done a long time ago.

Fifth, at this point, it would appear that we have our choice between Trump and the broomstick riding felon. I don't really think I need to pause to scratch my head over this choice.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Exactly how was I being unreasonable?

Your venom and distaste for Mr Trump is very clear..
    When you make a statement "This idiot will NEVER get my vote! " there is nothing for us to have a conversation about.. Like I said I'm out...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    A constitutionalist can't advertise themselves as such and get elected. Can cry and moan about how horrible the world is but it's a fact of life, because none of this is taught in school, nor does but a small subset of people even care after they learn.

Wave a flag, chant "USA." That's what people want.

Ultimately this is why I feel we can't lose as a country with Trump. He's going to exploit that niche, and exploit the hell out of it, becoming one of the most populist presidents ever. He's either going to have his act together and do right by the people, or they'll learn in short order how that constitution they forgot about is actually very important and affects their every day life. If he does wrong, you better believe someone who preaches the constitution is going to be in high demand.

I whole heartedly disagree.

We can definitely lose with Trump. I will agree that the constitution isn't properly taught today, that is very true. But if people aren't asking for a defender of the constitution after Obama, I fear we will never see anyone do it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    When you make a statement "This idiot will NEVER get my vote! " there is nothing for us to have a conversation about.. Like I said I'm out...

I'm new to this thread. Is this the first time saying you're out? Your average is about three times.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Is my "venom and distaste" without cause? So, I must show respect and deference towards a man who doesn't do the same for his "party mates" and a great deal of other Americans? My single use of a word has caused you to cut off dialogue with me? I've been a part of MANY conversations where people were called all kinds of intentionally hurtful names and I hung in there. Maybe you should hold "The Donald" to the same standard you require of me. Talk about a double standard...

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    We all need to remember that Obama pulled it off in our great state. I suggest the people who let that happen are still here by and large. Therefore, it is clearly possible to me that Clinton could carry Indiana if we don't all do our best to prevent it.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Que, Trump is the only 2016 GOP candidate that actually has his license to carry if that tells you anything

So? Does Donald Trump have a carry permit because he believes in your right to defend yourself, or because defending himself is in his own self interest?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    What really scares me is I think that if BO was allowed to run again that he would win. We get the leaders that we deserve, the good book says. Our country is not interested in moral, conservatives any longer. They are considered weak.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the whole plan with trump is for him to run third party and split the repub vote to allow shrillary to get the white house with 30% of the vote. Trump will not be the republican nominee.
    We truly are in a pretty sad state of affairs. Nobody can fix the problems this country has. The system is flawed and corrupt bottom to top. Voting one party or the other wont change anything. Its too late for that.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    "F" Mitt Romney! It's not his place to 'save the people by warning them who Trump really is'. I wonder what he'll tell his grandkids about Obama... If Trump turns out to be as big a mistake as Obama has been (inconceivable as that may be), it would have still been the will of the people to elect him. I'm sick and "f'ing" tired of the Republican establishment's meddling here--and Trump isn't even my first choice, Cruz is!

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    "F" Mitt Romney! It's not his place to 'save the people by warning them who Trump really is'. I wonder what he'll tell his grandkids about Obama... If Trump turns out to be as big a mistake as Obama has been (inconceivable as that may be), it would have still been the will of the people to elect him. I'm sick and "f'ing" tired of the Republican establishment's meddling here--and Trump isn't even my first choice, Cruz is!

:+1: And x1000. Where was this speech and enthusiasm when he was running for POTUS.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This thread is exactly what the Establishment wants: for the "Trump Phenomenon" to be discussed and dismissed in purely racial terms. It's the easiest way to get rid of it. It's understandable that some Black folks will take the bait on this. The Establishment will be happy to rip that scab of historical resentment off them, salt up their wounds real good, and encourage them to show up at the Trump rallies to protest like good little sheeple. But the rest of us should know better. There are ECONOMIC ideas at stake here, which the Establishment does not want discussed. They want this dismissed as racism, and dropped. Don't take the bait. Even if you think Trump is the worst racist this side of Hitler, there is something much more important to be gleaned from this.

What is it? Look at the video of the Carrier official telling his workers they're moving the plants to Mexico. See how many Black faces are in that room? That's a far worse threat to Black (and White) America, in my opinion, than anything Trump has said about Muslims. (Your mileage may of course vary). Hillary has already changed her position on the Trans-Pacific Partnership as a result of the economic attack Trump and Bernie are presenting. Do you see any evidence the Republican Party is "getting" this? As usual, the Democrats will learn from this and emerge as a stronger coalition. The Republicans will stand around with their Donors' thumbs up their azzes, wondering what happened. The Trump people will disappear back into the shadows, showing up to vote Democrat if they even vote at all, a possible electoral advantage squandered.

Establishment a-holes send jobs to Mexico, while dismissing Trump as racist...and here we are, taking the bait. As usual, we're allegorically carrying our .45 looking for the Bad Guy...and the bad guy is on the computer stealing our credit card info.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I whole heartedly disagree.

We can definitely lose with Trump. I will agree that the constitution isn't properly taught today, that is very true. But if people aren't asking for a defender of the constitution after Obama, I fear we will never see anyone do it.

Woobie as a cross-section of the electorate I think INGO may be more attuned to constitutional issue because a very important constitutional right that we hold very dear is daily threatened by Obama and the left. I just think that people who are having difficulty putting food on the table or paying the rent, whose standard of living is in decline and who don't see the way out of the situation they're in, are quite so attuned to the nuances of strict constitutionalism and libertarianism. I think you need to offer them hope, deliver on the promise and then you can lead them toward a more libertarian future. I think Trump should be thought as someone who can pave the way for a Rand Paul or similar figure but only if he can deliver

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So? Does Donald Trump have a carry permit because he believes in your right to defend yourself, or because defending himself is in his own self interest?

Ask him. The original post quoted (#23) ended with "Trump may say he's pro 2A, but where has he EVER proven it?". I merely submitted the fact that of all the current candidates - who all profess a love for 2A - he's the only one practicing what he is preaching. And please don't tell me you don't think he could afford a security detail.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I am glad he pointed out something which I think has been vastly understated for the duration of this campaign, that Trump inherited his wealth and his company. He is in no way a brilliant self made businessman.

You mean like Obama and his Nobel Prize? Or for that matter, Obama and his anything his whole life?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am glad he pointed out something which I think has been vastly understated for the duration of this campaign, that Trump inherited his wealth and his company. He is in no way a brilliant self made businessman.

You mean like Obama and his Nobel Prize? Or for that matter, Obama and his anything his whole life?

I have come to wonder if Obama is truly a self-made asshat. Seriously, could anyone really become some stupid, destructive, and arrogant without help?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Obama inherited his Nobel Prize from his dad?
    Obama didn't deserve the peace prize, obviously, but what at all does that have to do with Trump?

Top Bottom