• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    One thing about this topic I find kind of funny is that some of the same people who were posting heavily in the "1911 sucks" yeager video and saying he was right because he has taught so many students, fired so many rounds, had so much expereince, etc are now on the opposite side because they disagree with his statement now.

Well whats the difference? His experience was one reason to believe what he was saying, but that is now thrown away?

I took issue with the way he was talking bad about all 1911 owners in the first video, same as I do with how he is talking bad about all OC people in this one. But his findings in the first video were from his first had experience why do some want to back him up then but totally dismiss it now?

Because there is no sufficient evidence to support his theories/opinions on this one.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I took issue with the way he was talking bad about all 1911 owners in the first video, same as I do with how he is talking bad about all OC people in this one.

If I've said this once, I've said it a dozen times.... that video was geared for a specific crowd on youtube. I posted it hear on INGO as a joke. He never said ALL 1911's suck, he was specific in which type he was talking about and what they've seen in classes. You don't know the context in which it was made, so you take it as all or nothing.

Can't believe I just said all that... :xmad:

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    If I've said this once, I've said it a dozen times.... that video was geared for a specific crowd on youtube. I posted it hear on INGO as a joke. He never said ALL 1911's suck, he was specific in which type he was talking about and what they've seen in classes. You don't know the context in which it was made, so you take it as all or nothing.

Can't believe I just said all that... :xmad:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmkGgQLCMA&feature=related[/ame]

He never said ALL 1911's suck ?

Not trying to pick on you , but he pretty much makes his opinion clear in the video .:)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I posted it hear on INGO as a joke.

You didn't get the memo? You can't post a video here unless you agree with it 100% and want to have the subject's baby. Wanting to post a discussion starter isn't a valid excuse.

I learned the hard way. :laugh:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I agree with the video. I have been saying the same thing for years.

I guess i pretty much dont fit in on this forum--im not really a "hey everybody, look at me exercising my rights!! Yep, you better believe that's a .45, wanna touch it?" kind of guy.

It makes me want to train with him more.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    garbage, I responded back and he immediately removed my comment.

He wants "all due respect", when it's not been earned.

Why does it seem to be those who are so FOR concealed carry always bring up scaring soccer moms, giving up "tactical advantage" and "you'll get your gun grabbed!"

I dunno, maybe I wouldn't be so for it if I hadn't had so many positive encounters. :dunno:

Irony is, James actually motivated me a little with his weight loss and I've started working out and eating better. My fitness goal reward was going to be Fighting Pistol. Thinking now it's going to be a Carbine class with someone.

I'm glad, I like you better fat and not a douchebag.

You are better off without that loser.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I guess i pretty much dont fit in on this forum--im not really a "hey everybody, look at me exercising my rights!! Yep, you better believe that's a .45, wanna touch it?" kind of guy.

Neither are we and as far as the training goes you can have my spot.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

So you don't fit in because some on this Forum choose to OC?? :dunno:
    Basically, you are stereotyping all OCers as show offs, but want everyone to accept your reasons against OC.. :n00b:.

Again...

The only difference between OCers and CCers is that OCers don't CARE if you CC.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

You want to train OCing like them?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The only difference between OCers and CCers is that OCers don't CARE if you CC.

I don't OC and I don't advocate OC but I don't care if people do.

And what about those OCers that say CCers "hide" their guns?

(whew that's a lot of acronyms)

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Last time i trained with them was cc in fighting pistol. In other courses (hrcc, for example), it was full rig so obviously oc.

If it makes you oc-ers feel better, i oc my black belt when i train in karate. I also oc it when im at wal-mart. I just feel like everyone needs to know my capabilities at all time; i dont want to be discreet about any of my force on force options.

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I don't understand the draw time argument for OC. If the bad guy already has a weapon out and pointed at you, you are going to get shot trying to draw...from OC or CC. If you aren't the bad guy's focus and he has a weapon and isn't pointing it at you, whether you OC or CC, get to concealment/cover long enough to draw your weapon, (try to) control your breathing, move out and deliver rounds necessary to end the conflict. Either way the difference in draw time is not a significant factor.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't understand the draw time argument for OC. If the bad guy already has a weapon out and pointed at you, you are going to get shot trying to draw...from OC or CC. If you aren't the bad guy's focus and he has a weapon and isn't pointing it at you, whether you OC or CC, get to concealment/cover long enough to draw your weapon, (try to) control your breathing, move out and deliver rounds necessary to end the conflict. Either way the difference in draw time is not a significant factor.

Thats quite enough of your critical thinking and rational, logical approach to a tactical situation. We'll have none of that in here...

Top Bottom