• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I would like to actually see how many people who CC have good, sound, situational awareness.

Seems like many who CC can be a bit lackidaisical in their SA at times.

The number one deterent to crime is actually paying attention to your surroundings. Is the guy going to mug someone with their nose buried into their iPhone with earbuds in, or the guy returning the stare?

Just wondering :-)

Also, some of the stuff I'm reading reeks of BS. Please clean your shoes lol

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Well I agree that it does'nt make much sense to conceal if everything else you wear designates you as LE.

That's my only point, pointing out the flaw in a particular argument.

Carry any way you like, including duct taped to your hairy butt cheeks.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I would like to actually see how many people who CC have good, sound, situational awareness.

Seems like many who CC can be a bit lackidaisical in their SA at times.

lol

Examples? Data? I recall a few stories here about OCers in that boat, don't think either side has that market cornered...

Also, please make a note of an OC supporter casting stones at CCers, which supposedly never happens.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    There may be a few OCers that criticize CCers, but from what I have read on this Forum alone, the majority of OCers dont bash CCers like CCers bash OCers..

wrong - if anything it is the other way - but I think it is fairly even

(I am trying to get to my 50 posts)

Last edited:

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    How many cops are killed each year with their own gun after having it taken away from them by the [STRIKE]shooter[/STRIKE] 5 year old girl?

When I was in uniform - at least one would be cc in addition to the duty arm.

Is better quality? He was wrong - not much to add to that fact. I added more for the rookie

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Of course, cops are routinely killed by their own firearms each year due to the retention issues inherent in OC. As others have posted, tradition and the nature of uniformed carry explain police OC. However, as a nonuniformed carrier, I personally prefer CC. You never hear of someone properly CCing who loses retention of their firearm before they can present it. If they did...well they wouldn't have been CCing.

Also, I'm OCing right now...at home. Because a home invader should expect that I am armed anyway, thus losing key benefits of CCing.

Post proof or retract..

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Examples? Data? I recall a few stories here about OCers in that boat, don't think either side has that market cornered...

Also, please make a note of an OC supporter casting stones at CCers, which supposedly never happens.
    I will cast stones wherever man. :)

Examples or data? How does one measure sit awareness? I can't possibly begin to track that. Are you not more alert OC than CC? I can certainly understand why.

AFAIK I always have spoken ill of CC. I don't like it. At all. I do it when I HAVE to. Working, wife asks me to. But I would much rather prefer a belt slide as opposed to anything IWB. I also don't like printing.

Not because I've been "had" but because my kid always hits his head on it when running to hug me, and my youngest feels it and lifts my shirt. If its OC he knows to leave it alone.

Firearms aren't something to be hidden or taboo, but I fear that society is making it just that.

Much like the "gay rights" people used to hide because it was taboo, now it seems to be the norm...why then are guns doing the exact opposite? Becoming taboo?

Don't hide your support for the right to bear arms, let your bearing arms speak for itself.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Rob Pincus may not like the fact you drive a jeep , just sayin .:D

Rob Pincus knows that I drive a Jeep. :D He knew it was me when I pulled up for a Combat Focus Shooting Course I took in 2009.

To comment on Rob's character, he is very down to earth and very intelligent. He is not a snob and very structured and organized in his courses. His presentations are very professional.

As for them losing money due to this video and the opinions he and Yeager shared, I highly doubt it.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    As for them losing money due to this video and the opinions he and Yeager shared, I highly doubt it.
    I was, myself, wondering how many OC'ers (or even CC'ers) were alienated by the video; enough so as to not take any of their classes. Probably no good way to measure it.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    ...Someone who carries the opposite way should respect their fellow armed citizen's decision.
    :twocents:

Judging by this quote he posted on his Facebook account, JY would seem to agree with the above sentiment, but his actions in the video indicate otherwise...

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

Tecumtha (1768? - 5 October 1813) Native American leader, Shawnee mystic and warrior, usually known as Tecumseh
    :twocents: :popcorn: ...

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    How does one measure sit awareness? I can't possibly begin to track that. Are you not more alert OC than CC? I can certainly understand why.

I've heard somewhere that people that drive stick are less likely to cause an accident than those that drive automatic. Not the perfect analogy, but knowing that you have to control the motor's power transfer at all times is similar to knowing that you have to control retention at all times. A frequent OC'er is likely to be more conscious of not only their firearm's condition, but the condition and behavior of the people around them (basically scanning and profiling them).

:twocents:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Examples or data? How does one measure sit awareness?

I don't know -- you're the one who brought it up. On what did you base your statement? Rectal extraction? I was hoping that there was SOMETHING behind your statement, or something more than, "Gee, I think I'd be less careful if were CCing, so I'm going to project that CCers are less aware, in general..." If that was it, ok, but could have been phrased better. It's normally the OCers slamming the [anti-OC]CCers for posting "facts" that actually have little or no data behind them.

Firearms aren't something to be hidden or taboo, but I fear that society is making it just that.

Much like the "gay rights" people used to hide because it was taboo, now it seems to be the norm...why then are guns doing the exact opposite? Becoming taboo?

Don't hide your support for the right to bear arms, let your bearing arms speak for itself.

Just a point for the future, make a note that it was an OC-activist who compared OCing to gay rights. For the record, I'm all for both, but neither is MY choice.

Top Bottom