• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, it seems clear the Republican party and conservative thought is done in this country.

Once the Dems take the house in 2014 they can set the minimum income and maximum income to be the same and use all the left over money to provide free healthcare and pay off the national debt.

:laugh::lmfao::hehe:

I crack myself up! Everyone knows Democrats don't pay debts; they just print more money.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I would guess young and to some degree educated. That he places stock in what is read and in theoretical as opposed to actual. That is an observation, not a critism. It takes me back to debates I had in my late teens/early 20's. The person was arguing the awesomeness of [one term] misunderstoodand under-appreciated Jimmy Carter...

I would ask him to ponder whether cynics are born or become that way and if become that way, what is the mechanism responsible.

What is not readily apparent to some will become evident in time, adequate life span contingent. As we live through these political maneuvers that recur ad naseum, the allure of the theoretical subsides and the painful sting of the actual becomes more than can be ignored.

Sure, I'll ponder on this.

How ironic that America was/is populated by people escaping what some would have us embrace/align...

So, then, we agree? America is aligning herself to match that of other 1st world nations. That tends to make us more liberal, does that not? Then does that not make me right that Liberalism is growing? I don't particularly care if you like it or not or whether you think it's a good thing or not. What simply matters is that it IS happening and if you look at America over the last 50 years you see the trends. I'm not making this stuff up, the conservative base is weakening and people are beginning to notice it. That's why the Republican party is a huge state of flux and fracturing at its base.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, it seems clear the Republican party and conservative thought is done in this country.

Once the Dems take the house in 2014 they can set the minimum income and maximum income to be the same and use all the left over money to provide free healthcare and pay off the national debt.

:laugh::lmfao::hehe:

I crack myself up! Everyone knows Democrats don't pay debts; they just print more money.

And push through total gun control.

But I do not see the conservatives as being defeated. Rather I see the democrats cracking. The protests over the weekend really got under their skin. Plus the shutdown has made them look like fascists.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    And push through total gun control.

But I do not see the conservatives as being defeated. Rather I see the democrats cracking. The protests over the weekend really got under their skin. Plus the shutdown has made them look like fascists.

Except that Republican party approval rating has tanked to its lowest it's ever been. That just screams of "We hate Democrats"...right? RIGHT? DOESN'T ANYONE BELIEVE ME!?!?!?! :laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Sure, I'll ponder on this.

Me thinks you did not ponder this...

So, then, we agree? America is aligning herself to match that of other 1st world nations. That tends to make us more liberal, does that not? Then does that not make me right that Liberalism is growing?

So my quote"...some would have us embrace/align" equates to the whole of America? eee (<--- think electronic buzzer noise) Nice try...

I don't particularly care if you like it or not or whether you think it's a good thing or not. What simply matters is that it IS happening and if you look at America over the last 50 years you see the trends. I'm not making this stuff up, the conservative base is weakening and people are beginning to notice it. That's why the Republican party is a huge state of flux and fracturing at its base.

I would say to you that correlation does not imply causation. The GOP, IMO, cannot seem to agree on a viable platform and does a very poor job of PR...

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I would say to you that correlation does not imply causation. The GOP, IMO, cannot seem to agree on a viable platform and does a very poor job of PR...

Oh so a weakened message and infighting and a total lack of a united front does not constitute a weakening system? Oh, alright.

He has trouble with this concept.

Pot, meet kettle.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Except that Republican party approval rating has tanked to its lowest it's ever been. That just screams of "We hate Democrats"...right? RIGHT? DOESN'T ANYONE BELIEVE ME!?!?!?! :laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao:

Two things...Number one-Polls do not reach many productive old school patriots who currently hold much animosity because they are not being adequately represented on the national level. Number two- Many of us who have voted for the GOP all of our lives are ready to INSIST on true reformation of the system by any means necessary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh so a weakened message and infighting and a total lack of a united front does not constitute a weakening system? Oh, alright.

Pot, meet kettle.

The pendulum do swing, but if your total living awareness is during one portion of the most recent upswing I suppose you would tend to think it's the end-all, be-all.

I celebrated the end of bell bottom jeans of the 70s. So much for that.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    And yet the GOP maintain a majority in the house and a majority of SCOTUS appointees. How can this be?

Simple...
    House - gerrymandered districts
    Supreme Court - appointments depend on whoever happens to be president when a vacancy occurs. Imagine the fun that will occur if one of the justices suddenly becomes ill or dies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It seems odd to see moderator edits in someone's posts rather than the banhammer that mbills got. Curiouser and curiouser.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    It seems odd to see moderator edits in someone's posts rather than the banhammer that mbills got. Curiouser and curiouser.

It is true that typically an entire post would be trashed when it involves an infraction/ban.

In this instance, I felt there was enough content in the rest of the post which was pertinent to the conversation. One sentence was not considered 'family friendly'. I chose to edit out the sentence, so as not to disrupt the debate. There had also been subsequent quoted replies. Had a bunch of the posts been trashed all together, it would have created confusion.

Top Bottom