• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Trump has had almost ZERO substance to any of his responses, plans, etc. How do people not see through this? I cant believe he is this high in polls. He just keeps saying he will do it and make America great again. Really Trump, how will you do that?
    He is the prime example of personality beats substance. So many screamed about Obama winning based on his personality yet will follow Trump the same way. Why? Because of party alignment. I really like Paul but he is outside the current Republican "box" and that saddens me. The party of Lincoln is but a shadow of its former self.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Immigration, simply that.

Ok. So he's going to build a wall. A beautiful wall. With a magnificent gate. So that the "good" Mexicans can come here legally. And he's going to make the Mexicans pay for it. Good plan.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ok. So he's going to build a wall. A beautiful wall. With a magnificent gate. So that the "good" Mexicans can come here legally. And he's going to make the Mexicans pay for it. Good plan.

Ha what does that say about our fellow Republican primary voters. Though it may say more about how reliable these polls are. I've only run into one big trump fan,My aunt, she thinks because he's rich he'd be a good president. Because managing to not squander your inherited millions is a talent somehow.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ha what does that say about our fellow Republican primary voters. Though it may say more about how reliable these polls My aunt is a big Trump fan, she thinks because he's rich he'd be a good president. Because managing to not squander your inherited millions is a talent somehow.

What it says about Republican primary voters is that 75% want someone besides Trump.

In a field of 15 candidates, I'm not surprised that someone like Trump could find 1/4 or so of them to support him. It's one reason I think we should dump the first past the post model that we have now and go with a ranked voting system. We'd still have parties. Or not. But just one election. No primaries. Rank your poisons. It's why I started that other poll thread.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

People believe he will do what he says. They are sick of politicians saying one thing and doing another.

If we don't fix immigration, the libs will literally outnumber our chances of ever winning again. People understand that.

I don't disagree on Trump's lack of substance problems. Hopefully Cruz has positioned himself to take the baton.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People believe he will do what he says. They are sick of politicians saying one thing and doing another.

If we don't fix immigration, the libs will literally outnumber our chances of ever winning again. People understand that.

I don't disagree on Trump's lack of substance problems. Hopefully Cruz has positioned himself to take the baton.

So let's say President Trump does what he says. He builds the wall. He builds the gate. He lets the "good" Mexicans come here legally. He gets Mexico to pay for it. People honestly believe that will fix our immigration problem?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So let's say President Trump does what he says. He builds the wall. He builds the gate. He lets the "good" Mexicans come here legally. He gets Mexico to pay for it. People honestly believe that will fix our immigration problem?

You forgot to mention sending the illegals back. Why wouldn't you believe it?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

That's the part I don't understand, do people really think he can accomplish all he's promising just because he isn't a career politician? They surely realize it's simply not possible to deport every single illegal immigrant and expedite getting 'the good ones' back in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You forgot to mention sending the illegals back. Why wouldn't you believe it?

I believe he would build a wall. It may or may not have a magnificent gate. I doubt he can parse "good" from bad. I doubt he can make Mexico to pay for it. I doubt he can send 11 million or however many illegals there are, back.

What he can do, is talk tough because people want to believe he can do what he says he can do. Winning an election is about convincing the most number of people that 1) what you say you'll do is the best course of action and 2) you can do what you'll say.

Trump has not convinced me of either.

The thing I DO love about Trump is that he has the media stymied in their attempts to mob shame him. He seems to have a Teflon ass. The media accuses him, and rather than melting in capitulation like many of the other candidates do, he just says, "so the **** what?". I'm number one. Suck it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's the part I don't understand, do people really think he can accomplish all he's promising just because he isn't a career politician? They surely realize it's simply not possible to deport every single illegal immigrant and expedite getting 'the good ones' back in.

Trump has a record of getting things done. If you are voting for him you are betting on him doing just that. Obviously, a lot of folks will take that bet.

Deportation is certainly possible for one's that have the will to do it. Folks believe that Trump does.
    They don't believe the Kasich's, Bush's and folks like yourself that say this isn't possible. ;)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What it says about Republican primary voters is that 75% want someone besides Trump.

In a field of 15 candidates, I'm not surprised that someone like Trump could find 1/4 or so of them to support him. It's one reason I think we should dump the first past the post model that we have now and go with a ranked voting system. We'd still have parties. Or not. But just one election. No primaries. Rank your poisons. It's why I started that other poll thread.

I'd agree with that, I'd still say 25% is a substantially shameful amount for Republicans

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Trump has had almost ZERO substance to any of his responses, plans, etc. How do people not see through this? I cant believe he is this high in polls. He just keeps saying he will do it and make America great again. Really Trump, how will you do that?

I like his tax plan..... $50,000 and below, NO TAX !!!!! I have NEVER made $50,000 in a year .....

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Shameful about American's in general. But then again to put Mr. lack of substance or any visible accomplishment in the WH twice makes it a redundant point.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Trump has a record of getting things done. If you are voting for him you are betting on him doing just that. Obviously, a lot of folks will take that bet.

Deportation is certainly possible for one's that have the will to do it. Folks believe that Trump does.
    They don't believe the Kasich's, Bush's and folks like yourself that say this isn't possible. ;)

It's really possible to physically deport all 20 million illegal immigrants?
    Trump has a record of getting things done? How is that exactly? He inherited a thriving real estate business and kept the ball rolling. What has he actually accomplished other than keeping gaudy home decorators in business and helping usher in the era of reality tv?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's really possible to physically deport all 20 million illegal immigrants?
    Trump has a record of getting things done? How is that exactly? He inherited a thriving real estate business and kept the ball rolling. What has he actually accomplished other than keeping gaudy home decorators in business and helping usher in the era of reality tv?

Trumps record speaks for itself, regardless of you haters.

People want a candidate willing to do everything possible to fix immigration, including deportation.
    They don't want anyone starting off talking the limitations possible. No wafflers.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just follow Ike's plan, let ICE to their job and let it be known, loudly and publicly, that the parties over. 5 times the number of people deported self deported. I don't believe in too big to fail and I don't believe in too big to deport.

Roll up your sleeves and get to work. Every 40 year old who gets pulled over and arrested for never having had a drivers license is a good place to start.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

Getting things done in business isn't the same as getting things done in politics though. I will agree there are certain traits that may be helpful in both roles (ability to influence, communicate, etc) but Trump (nor any president) can get things done by themselves. We are a republic....takes more than one man. Trump is a my way or no way guy. He has shown us that. In business if you have enough money (he does) you can get a lot done all by yourself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd agree with that, I'd still say 25% is a substantially shameful amount for Republicans

I don't agree with them but I don't blame them. People are fed up with politicians who say if you elect them they'll change Washington. And then they don't. I've looked at the Trump phenomenon not so much that people believe he'll actually do what he says, but mostly as a middle finger directed at the whole political establishment. And if Trump doesn't Git'r done, probably none of the other candidates would have anyway. What do they have to lose?

While I empathize with that sentiment, I can't help but be more pragmatic about it. I honestly think Trump would head somewhere around 180 degrees different from the direction his stump speech insists he's heading.

Top Bottom