• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Cruz nailed that one. It should be the easiest win to go after the cronyism in Washington but Cruz seems to be the only one doing it. Let the big banks fail.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There are people that like Fiorina and her message and then there are others that are amused by the thought of Fiorina getting strangled.

*cough" Hillary*cough*

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, I lied. Well...I didn't actually lie. I got interested and wound up watching the whole thing (except maybe a few minutes, right at the start).

Kasich continues to demonstrate his progressive tendencies and Rubio's flaired up last night.

I thought last night was Rand's best performance. He was spot on with his 'what is a conservative' questioning of Rubio.

I still think Cruz is the best of the bunch.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, I lied. Well...I didn't actually lie. I got interested and wound up watching the whole thing (except maybe a few minutes, right at the start).

Kasich continues to demonstrate his progressive tendencies and Rubio's flaired up last night.

I thought last night was Rand's best performance. He was spot on with his 'what is a conservative' questioning of Rubio.

I still think Cruz is the best of the bunch.

pretty much my reaction as well. I just watched the first hour though.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    According to Macro Rubio, one of two things is happening each week:

1. I'm getting screw each week when I get paid!
    2. Philosophers don't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out of.

"Welders make more money than philosophers." Macro Rubio

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the federal government should get out of subsidizing colleges. I don't think they should give grants or loans to people that are not majoring in fields that are important to the country like engineering, hard sciences, etc. Higher education needs to be completely reformed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Inmissed the debate. I was re-watching season 2 of The Arrow because my wife hadn't seen it yet. I'll have to catch up withe the debate on youtube.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The topic selection was more mature last night, but I still think we need to stop having these things. At least until we can have some real primaries with actual voters, and start eliminating some of these goons. There are certain ones on that stage who get their azzes handed to them every single time. And yet, next debate...the fornicators are right back there again, with a freshly topped-off magazine of free air time, like nothing happened. Kasich comes to mind. I've become convinced all these debates are doing is allowing the establishment candidates to sharpen their messages and keep their powder dry, while the other candidates split and fragment their supporters.

I mean, look at the response to this thread? After all this sparring, everybody likes somebody different. The electorate will be the same. And the establishment copulators are still there, like cockroaches, sharpening and waiting, waiting for their big money TV blitz to kick in once actual voters start going to the polls.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Current 'polls' for what they are worth put Trump (big surprise but these folks are probably not R primary voters) Cruz and Paul (and these folks probably are) on top.

Rubio did an eloquent job of summing up the problems without actually offering up much in the way of solutions.

Cruz did a good job of answering how we can fund the military sufficiently...have the gov stop doing all those things it shouldn't be doing, and get them out of saving organizations that make bad business decisions.

Paul I think needs to hold back so people don't immediately think he's his daddy's boy and relegate him to the also ran pile. Though I think he did much better in this debate.

So, ignoring the Trumpophiles I think it was Cruz's night.

I think Carson, since he's recently had to stand up for his claims that he's stabbed people and attacked his mother with a hammer is going to have people start distancing themselves. Angrily standing up for having been uncontrollably angry is not necessarily a winning position for the presidency.

Kasich was as incoherent as Trump. And both he and Bush stood up for a superhighway to citizenship for illegals. They both need to go away.

:twocents:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Trump has had almost ZERO substance to any of his responses, plans, etc. How do people not see through this? I cant believe he is this high in polls. He just keeps saying he will do it and make America great again. Really Trump, how will you do that?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I think the federal government should get out of subsidizing colleges. I don't think they should give grants or loans to people that are not majoring in fields that are important to the country like engineering, hard sciences, etc. Higher education needs to be completely reformed.

Higher levels of education is what leads to technological development, that in turn leads to growth in the nations economy and power and you want to severely restrict who goes to college? Allot of the PhD's I know had "frivolous" undergraduate degrees such as general studies or political science.

Top Bottom