Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Which government foods being pushed on us have been contributing to the obesity epidemic? I find there's a lot you can blame the govt for but I fail to see it here. I remember the food pyramid being wrong but I believe we have a fairly good handle on which foods are good for you and which aren't. The fact that people buy Oreos and coke in bulk I don't think you can blame on the government. ( unless you're referencing subsidizing corn syrup)

Obesity is a result of wealth and leisure. Happening all around the globe where living standards rise.

But the rise in living standards in the US has stopped so obesity should stop as well.

The government contributes to obesity because the government prints money and hands out charity to 40% of the population while borrow the funds from the future and debasing the currency.

Eventually this unsustainable cycle will self correct, much as man made global-warming would too if it were true. When the population is poor there will be almost no obesity, except in government circles. Just look for all the fat people in North Korea. The only ones to be seen are the Grand Poobah and his porky little freaks.

If global warming and the scare mongering were true then we really have nothing to worry about. The catastrophes would simply wipe out enough humans to end the addition of CO2 into the atmosphere and the Earth would reach a human population equilibrium.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Obesity is a result of wealth and leisure.

Obesity is the result of eating way to much over a long period of time.

But the rise in living standards in the US has stopped so obesity should stop as well.

That's assuming that the living standards had only just reached levels where food was plentiful. Truth is more likely that the standard of living would have to fall, and keep falling before there would be a reduction in obesity.

If global warming and the scare mongering were true then we really have nothing to worry about.

You mean, except for rising sea levels, decreasing food production, scarcity of safe drinking water, increases in freaky dangerous weather conditions, and mass extinctions of ocean creatures. (Not saying I believe it's true, but you did say if)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1919456_783146475124050_2110365097753803803_n.png

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    "They almost certainly didn't exterminate the mammoths, and today it's considered far more likely that a 1,500-year cold snap called the Younger Dryas somehow led to the extinction of the great mammals and the demise of the Clovis era"

Read this article: Scientists have unearthed ancient artifacts that are upending the history of mankind | Features | Charleston City Paper

...and had to chuckle at the description of all the scientific in-fighting and bickering as the "clovis first funding" group defended their position that the Clovis people were first in North America, crossed the land bridge, migrated south and east eating all the Mastadons until they were all dead. I can hear "the science is settled"!!! battle cry at every discovery of pre-Clovis discovery was made public from 1980 until recently...about 2008. Now, well everyone knows there were people in North America before the Clovis people. Yeah, they do now, but not without a 30+ year fight between scientists and upending the "settled science" pre-1980.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "Settled Science" is a device to pick a time when your theory is in vogue and demand that inquiry into the matter be stopped immediately and permanently for your own purposes generally not associated with discovering actual truth.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Somehow that sounds worse than mortal terror.

Back in the Dark Ages when I was in college, I had a group of friends fond of that sarcastic twist when dealing with things they weren't the least bit afraid of when others for some reason thought that they should.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    "Settled Science" is a device to pick a time when your theory is in vogue and demand that inquiry into the matter be stopped immediately and permanently for your own purposes generally not associated with discovering actual truth.

Unless we're discussing vaccines. Then it really is settled science, because the government says so.

Top Bottom