Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    In theory, there are ways to absorb CO[SUB]2[/SUB] or other greenhouse gases from the air. Of course, no one has yet proposed how to get a net negative or why they hate plants so much. The current level of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] in the atmosphere is actually below the optimal amount for plant growth on the Earth.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The

Science

Is

Settled

/thread

Yep, just like the science is settled on chewing tobacco and cancer. BTW, I'll just drop this bomb here.... Chewing tobacco does NOT cause cancer! Destroys teeth and gums, but all the decent science (and there is a fair amount) supports that it doesn't. Don't see that on the ADA or WHO propaganda do you?

Keep political organizations out of the science field!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    BTW, I usually use purple when I'm sarcastic. The above post is NOT sarcastic.

Why am I not shocked? With the medical establishment being dragged kicking and screaming to finally change their long-term propaganda against salt, dietary fat, dietary cholesterol, etc., I'm highly cynical of any dietary/medical recommendations that have the weight of the government behind them.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Why am I not shocked? With the medical establishment being dragged kicking and screaming to finally change their long-term propaganda against salt, dietary fat, dietary cholesterol, etc., I'm highly cynical of any dietary/medical recommendations that have the weight of the government behind them.

Is that the organic farming lobby? I actually think when it comes to health and nutrition we've been wrong but that most are genuinely looking for the best diet balance. I don't see some conspiracy or propaganda behind it. The FDA on the other hand...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    "We" haven't been wrong. The US Government has been wrong and the obesity epidemic and consequent health problems and costs are largely caused by government promotion of poor public policy. It has been independent researchers, often risking their professional licensing due to dispensing unapproved medical advice, who have been able to bring this information to light.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Is that the organic farming lobby? I actually think when it comes to health and nutrition we've been wrong but that most are genuinely looking for the best diet balance. I don't see some conspiracy or propaganda behind it. The FDA on the other hand...

"We" haven't been wrong. The US Government has been wrong and the obesity epidemic and consequent health problems and costs are largely caused by government promotion of poor public policy. It has been independent researchers, often risking their professional licensing due to dispensing unapproved medical advice, who have been able to bring this information to light.

Let's see...

If the conventional wisdom were true (i.e., that salt, fats, red meat, and so forth are the devil) then our grandparents should never have lived long enough to reproduce. Why it is that by contrast we are far less healthy than generations past in spite of having all this wisdom imposed on us?

I believe that there have been plenty of people who have pursued paths which may not have had the merit they though, but been perfectly earnest in their pursuit. On the other hand, the FDA and USDA are evil to the core. The FDA makes little pretense of anything but the truth that it seeks to make straight the path for its corporate sponsors, regardless of how destructive it may be, and silence all dissenting voices, including those who simply want truthful labeling of what they may eat. As for the USDA, I will start at the point that most of the requirements to be certified USDA organic have very, very little to do with organically growing food. The majority of it is a laundry list of unrelated Sierra Club-style horsesh*t that is completely irrelevant to the ostensible purpose.

I immediately issue a strong ration of distrust for anyone who wishes to impose anything on me 'for my own good'. If their argument had merit, I would most likely accept it on merit without the force of government used as a tool of coercion. Even as we start to hear some truth about the health problems including but not limited to obesity stemming from processed foods, we now have such things as Michelle Obama demanding that school children have vegetable shoved down their throats which most likely were raised on NPK fertilizers and are pretty well devoid of the trace minerals from which the actual health benefits are derived.

Last but not least, I agree that much of the problem is poor public policy. Why is there a public policy? Shouldn't truthful presentation of the contents of food be adequate, including truthful information on it containing potentially harmful materials or alternately enforcement of claims of purity? I don't need some pointy-headed nitwit on the banks of the Potomac to tell me what to eat.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Which government foods being pushed on us have been contributing to the obesity epidemic? I find there's a lot you can blame the govt for but I fail to see it here. I remember the food pyramid being wrong but I believe we have a fairly good handle on which foods are good for you and which aren't. The fact that people buy Oreos and coke in bulk I don't think you can blame on the government. ( unless you're referencing subsidizing corn syrup)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Why is there a public policy? Shouldn't truthful presentation of the contents of food be adequate, including truthful information on it containing potentially harmful materials or alternately enforcement of claims of purity? I don't need some pointy-headed nitwit on the banks of the Potomac to tell me what to eat.

What are you- some kind of radical anarchist? Eating food without government approval!?!

** Reported! **

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Which government foods being pushed on us have been contributing to the obesity epidemic? I find there's a lot you can blame the govt for but I fail to see it here. I remember the food pyramid being wrong but I believe we have a fairly good handle on which foods are good for you and which aren't. The fact that people buy Oreos and coke in bulk I don't think you can blame on the government. ( unless you're referencing subsidizing corn syrup)

Subsidizing corn syrup (among other things), being GMO-friendly, being processed food-friendly, organic certifications that demonstrate the ability to jump through asinine hoops rather than produce a top tier crop, and declaring certain chemical/processed goods safe for consumption when they really aren't, with the primary problem here being that the .gov has set itself up as the final arbiter of what is fit/unfit to eat and then you can follow the money rather than the healthfulness of the food to the conclusions which have been imposed.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

There is a lot to read on this field. I've written about some of it before on INGO, but I'm not going to pull together all that information again. Here is another article that I read just today. Gives a decent high-level view, but there are much deeper analyses out there.

Nutrition Guidelines -- The Politics of Food

For decades, the government has advised Americans on what they should eat. The advice isn’t just advisory; it drives everything from school lunches and agricultural subsidies to marketing for those bowls of candy we call breakfast cereal. But the science behind this enterprise has always been shaky.

Feel free to research how low-fat became official government dietary policy. It was politics embracing science fraud from day one and has been a major contributor to declining health in this country.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom