Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    THE. SCIENCE. IS. SETTLED.

Climate change shock: Burning fossil fuels COOLS planet, says NASA | UK | News | Daily Express

Wasn't NASA on the list of approved scientists upthread that should be listened to?

I thought they were part of the global conspiracy?

"But, rather than being good news, NASA has concluded the lack of taking these factors into account means existing climate change models have underestimated at the future impact on global temperatures will be."

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    "But, rather than being good news, NASA has concluded the lack of taking these factors into account means existing climate change models have underestimated at the future impact on global temperatures will be."

Brilliant for the climate fraudsters. Now they are off the hook no matter what happens with temperatures. If it goes up, goes down, or "pauses", they have a way to say that humans caused it and should pay them more money to study it. Unfortunately, NASA will have to change their web page about the 97% consensus on global warming, but that is a small price to pay to guarantee future income for climate scientists.

Oh, and very Clintonesque wording on that statement from NASA. They acknowledge that their models have been wrong all along by stating that they "underestimated the future impact" due to factors that they had not considered before. Note that this is precisely the same thing as saying that they "overestimated the future impact", but that would have produced less urgency to give them money for further studies. George Orwell would be proud.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought they were part of the global conspiracy?

I think this is political speak for "we really don't have any ****ing idea".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    65 out Today, I'm liking it. What was someone saying about a guy in a lab coat telling me it's raining?

Not a problem in the event that it is actually raining. The problem is when he is pissing on my leg and trying to tell me that it's raining, which the lab coat crew has proven repetitively that it is not above doing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sadly, I'd estimate that less than 5% of my students (online) question any of the misinformation and lies they are presented in the textbook and prepared course materials re: the role of human activity as a mechanism for climate change. They receive and regurgitate. Unfortunately, I have no control over the online course material. When I was in the classroom, the presentation was significantly more balanced. The textbooks were significantly more objective and I was able to add additional material during my lectures. I also told them consistently to not accept my words or opinions as fact, but to consider all of the information they receive critically and assess the merits based on what they were learning about scientific methods vs. pseudoscience. One of my personal goals was to help them to become better educated and discerning consumers of scientific information, which I felt was far more important than them being able to recite facts or calculate how many calories were required to melt a kilogram of ice. The specific online courses do not share that objective, as they reflect the socio-political inclination of the course creator(s) more than they seem to present an objective view of some of the science-related topics.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sadly, I'd estimate that less than 5% of my students (online) question any of the misinformation and lies they are presented in the textbook and prepared course materials re: the role of human activity as a mechanism for climate change. They receive and regurgitate. Unfortunately, I have no control over the online course material. When I was in the classroom, the presentation was significantly more balanced. The textbooks were significantly more objective and I was able to add additional material during my lectures. I also told them consistently to not accept my words or opinions as fact, but to consider all of the information they receive critically and assess the merits based on what they were learning about scientific methods vs. pseudoscience. One of my personal goals was to help them to become better educated and discerning consumers of scientific information, which I felt was far more important than them being able to recite facts or calculate how many calories were required to melt a kilogram of ice. The specific online courses do not share that objective, as they reflect the socio-political inclination of the course creator(s) more than they seem to present an objective view of some of the science-related topics.

You mean that you taught students HOW to think rather than WHAT to think? YOU RADICAL!!!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You mean that you taught students HOW to think rather than WHAT to think? YOU RADICAL!!!!

I know! I attempted, with deliberation and premeditation, to assist them in learning to think critically and ask questions. Someday, perhaps not too long from now, that sort of thing will land people in prison. In fact, whatever laws that get passed will probably be retroactive and I'll be on the hook! Good thing I have Kirk S Freeman, Esq on speed dial!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I know! I attempted, with deliberation and premeditation, to assist them in learning to think critically and ask questions. Someday, perhaps not too long from now, that sort of thing will land people in prison. In fact, whatever laws that get passed will probably be retroactive and I'll be on the hook! Good thing I have Kirk S Freeman, Esq on speed dial!

But that's just for prank calling him. You know he'll be in on the prosecution.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    liberal-logic-101-3332-500x416.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ooh, noted climate scientist Bette Midler has weighed in. One of the 97% I'm sure. I'll have to swing over past twitchy and see if those philistines have made sport of her.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The satellite data and balloon measurements both agree and according to the AGW hypothesis, warming is suppose to show up in the troposphere first. It is a problem for the current cultural consensus that it continues to deviate from climate models that all this hysteria is based on.

Top Bottom