Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Sorry dude.. That was at 9 am when it was 74 out.... But you keep on believing now ya hear?

I ran the Indy Mini-Marathon 3 times before my back gave out. Saw people drop from heat at much lower temps. As for me, I was a warm-weather runner; nothing better than 10K on a sunny, 85F day. Hated running in winter, but it was the only thing that stopped my back from hurting.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Do you honestly believe she just fainted from the heat? C'mon man. Be honest with yourself. Deep down you know damn well they're trying to hide some kind of health issue.

As this point, NEITHER candidate has been completely transparent with their health issues. Send them both to Bethesda, let the Navy docs (the ones that will be charged with their care as Prez) do any and all exams, then provide a report of both to the nation.

Deep down, you know damn well Trump is trying to hide some kind of financial issue, what with no tax returns made public.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    If it sounds like we are not taking your idea seriously it is because we are not.

Yet more and more car companies are ditching spares... (that was 2014; we can assume more models have done away with them).

Asking people to not carry a spare puts them in danger (and if you don't think hanging around on the side of the road at night waiting for a tow truck carries no risk you need to get off campus more), your academic approach to peoples lives and safety is not worth being taken seriously. Since your first recommendation is unworkable in the real world I'm sure the rest just get worse...

No spare; instead, "run-flat" tires, tire sealants and inflators. Much less weight.

Face it; the folks making the cars have far more experience with this issue than anyone here.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Those who can...

You mean the profs in the business schools, many who came from the private sector?

Also, the cash your rolling in is other peoples money.

A research grant has to run a gauntlet before being funded, be in the public or private sector. Most won't get funded. There's no big pile of cash that anyone can draw from at will.

But tell us again about your extensive grant-writing and research experience...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yet more and more car companies are ditching spares... (that was 2014; we can assume more models have done away with them).

No spare; instead, "run-flat" tires, tire sealants and inflators. Much less weight.

Face it; the folks making the cars have far more experience with this issue than anyone here.

Did you not read your own articles? They aren't providing them because they can save the weight to make federal mpg standards. It's not because they've figured out a good alternative. They can also charge you more by making it an "option." The inflater kits only work on small punctures, and they ruin the tpms systems, creating a safety hazard and additional maintenance. The little air pump won't fill a tire with a chunk of steel hanging out of it, or fix a blow out. So the articles more or less suggest the best idea is to go out and buy a spare.

Run flats are great, but you can't always find a tire store in the middle of nowhere at 2 AM. They're only meant to be driven at 50mph for 50 miles or less. Then what? No spare. Technology isn't where it needs to be to eliminate spare tires. Time to find a new bogeyman, or better yet, ask yourself why in the world your brain let you down his badly.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I ran the Indy Mini-Marathon 3 times before my back gave out. Saw people drop from heat at much lower temps. As for me, I was a warm-weather runner; nothing better than 10K on a sunny, 85F day. Hated running in winter, but it was the only thing that stopped my back from hurting.

Yeah..... But hitlary wasn't RUNNING A MARATHON!
    Well at least you didn't have to contend with pneumonia....... Or whatever is the excuse du jour.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You mean the profs in the business schools, many who came from the private sector?

A research grant has to run a gauntlet before being funded, be in the public or private sector. Most won't get funded. There's no big pile of cash that anyone can draw from at will.

But tell us again about your extensive grant-writing and research experience...

I'll make you a deal: we won't tell you how to be an academic, and you don't try to manage the minutiae in our lives, which is something we're clearly and naturally better at than anyone on a campus. You write your grants and teach facts, and we'll figure out if it makes sense for us to have a spare tire in our cars for the safety of our families.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As this point, NEITHER candidate has been completely transparent with their health issues. Send them both to Bethesda, let the Navy docs (the ones that will be charged with their care as Prez) do any and all exams, then provide a report of both to the nation.

I"m okay with that. Maybe it should be part of the required process to run for president. Get a physical at Bethesda.

Deep down, you know damn well Trump is trying to hide some kind of financial issue, what with no tax returns made public.

:lmfao:

Seriously? You can't admit your candidates faults without trying to hit the other side? I'm good with Trump publishing his taxes. What did you think I would say?

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    we'll figure out if it makes sense for us to have a spare tire in our cars for the safety of our families.

And therein lies the problem of climate change. We have *lots* of scientists who say it's man-made, and that we *should* try to do something about it. We were able to manage the hole in the ozone layer, but that required something from *everyone*. Now, the govt might have said, "Okay, everyone, stop using CFCs!", but I doubt most people would have agreed. They like their A/C too much.

You speak of your safety and your family, yet ignore the effects your choices might have on mine. If the scientists are right, but billions of folks ignore their advice, we're screwed. If the scientists are wrong, but billions abide by their recommendations, not much is lost.

Scientists were right about the ozone hole, despite all the "chicken little" warnings back them (I remember those). It's impact can be measured by the millions exposed to higher levels of UV radiation, and thus higher rates of skin cancer. Not much chance of a cure in those countries. However, with reduced CFC use, and alternative refrigerants, the hole is shrinking. We're fixing the problem, even though it's taken decades.

Do you want to risk being wrong about CO2 levels? Can you afford to be wrong? Well, *you* can; you'll be dead before the full effects are felt. However, your kids and grandkids won't be so lucky. They might have to deal with a Florida totally underwater; with 10-20% of the entire population of the Earth on the move because of rising sea levels. Is such a population in motion a national security risk? I think so.

Feel free to manage the minutiae in your life, so long as it doesn't impact my life, or the lives of my descendants.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    You can't admit your candidates faults without trying to hit the other side? I'm good with Trump publishing his taxes. What did you think I would say?

A case of penumonia isn't a "fault". I doubt she had much choice in the matter. Mr. YUUUUGE Hands has a choice, but will *never* show his returns. If he does, I will quit this site forever. If he doesn't show before the election, YOU leave the site forever. Deal?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A case of penumonia isn't a "fault". I doubt she had much choice in the matter. Mr. YUUUUGE Hands has a choice, but will *never* show his returns. If he does, I will quit this site forever. If he doesn't show before the election, YOU leave the site forever. Deal?

Whenever I have pneumonia I find a child and breathe into their face. Good times.

Then within 2 hours I no longer have pneumonia! It's a fantastic illness.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    And therein lies the problem of climate change. We have *lots* of scientists who say it's man-made, and that we *should* try to do something about it. We were able to manage the hole in the ozone layer, but that required something from *everyone*. Now, the govt might have said, "Okay, everyone, stop using CFCs!", but I doubt most people would have agreed. They like their A/C too much.

You speak of your safety and your family, yet ignore the effects your choices might have on mine. If the scientists are right, but billions of folks ignore their advice, we're screwed. If the scientists are wrong, but billions abide by their recommendations, not much is lost.

Scientists were right about the ozone hole, despite all the "chicken little" warnings back them (I remember those). It's impact can be measured by the millions exposed to higher levels of UV radiation, and thus higher rates of skin cancer. Not much chance of a cure in those countries. However, with reduced CFC use, and alternative refrigerants, the hole is shrinking. We're fixing the problem, even though it's taken decades.

Do you want to risk being wrong about CO2 levels? Can you afford to be wrong? Well, *you* can; you'll be dead before the full effects are felt. However, your kids and grandkids won't be so lucky. They might have to deal with a Florida totally underwater; with 10-20% of the entire population of the Earth on the move because of rising sea levels. Is such a population in motion a national security risk? I think so.

Feel free to manage the minutiae in your life, so long as it doesn't impact my life, or the lives of my descendants.

There's Pascal's Wager again! Twice in the same thread, this is great!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's Pascal's Wager again! Twice in the same thread, this is great!

I wrote a seriously long response to his post about CFC's and how they are all but gone now. They have been banned. Phase out is in its finale stages.

Thing is I lost the internet when I tried to post and it is gone.......:(

Anyway...........well, you already know.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Argh! The quoting is defeating my IGNORE.

But seriously . . . did this guy really type "scientists were right about the ozone hole"??? Seriously?

And he claims to be a professor? Of what? Oy.

People should stay in their lane.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    There's Pascal's Wager again!

No, it is not. If you choose not to believe in God and you're wrong, only YOU are screwed.

If you are wrong about climate change and refuse to change behaviors that contribute to climate change, YOU'RE HARMING OTHERS.

Let's all pee in the pool. Nothing bad can happen, and BY GAWD, it's MY RIGHT to pee where I wanna!!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm not not sure pneumonia explains all the wierd stuff we've seen her do. Maybe she has pneumonia, but it seems that's not all.

Why do you want me to wager about whether a candidate I don't support is going to do the right thing or not? My bet is that he won't.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom