Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I let the air out of my spare tires.
    They hold like 40 lbs. of air and I figure the weight savings will increase my mileage.

:bowdown:

This really should go viral. It should be a thing you know. I wonder if we could get Leonardo DiCaprio to endorse it. Supporting your cause is obviously the moral thing to do. It's for the greater good. It ranks up there in virtue with supporting Prius ownership.

I just want you to know that, although I can't deflate my own spare tire for personal reasons, I really admire your example of selfless attention to the collective harm imposed on society. I realize that the burden of going effectively "spareless" is a huge risk for you to bear, but just know you're not alone. To show my solidarity with you, I'll share a new hashtag on social media.

#freeTheAir

There.

Now that I officially support you, I'm morally superior too. Perhaps we can design a tee shirt so that others can wear their morals too. After all, we're in this together!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hope you realize that new cars often don't come with a spare anymore. But continue to haul 30 lbs around for another 20 years.

Disappearing Donuts: One-Third of New Cars Don?t Come With a Spare Tire ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Your Next Car May Not Have a Spare Tire - Consumer Reports News

If the market creates technology that makes spare tires unnecessary, how is that relevant to this discussion? The market isn't creating "green" technology. The thirst for subsidies is.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I hope you realize that new cars often don't come with a spare anymore. But continue to haul 30 lbs around for another 20 years.

Disappearing Donuts: One-Third of New Cars Don?t Come With a Spare Tire ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Your Next Car May Not Have a Spare Tire - Consumer Reports News

Lol, the gist of those articles is basically "if your car doesn't come with a spare, get one." On average people have a flat every 70,000 miles. I just had one yesterday, actually. The only other option is to call a tow truck. How much evil carbon do they generate?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    First, I go to buy a car, and it doesn't have a spare, I'm walking away from it.
    If all cars go spareless, then I'll add one.

Second, if we're going to go bat **** crazy over the weight of a spare, will we now have random checks to remove people's emergency batteries, emergency compressors, tow straps, first aid kits, tie down straps, etc.
    How about making everyone lose weight.

Third.
    I have a spare donut tire, and a spare full size. Oh no.

20141130_071628_zpsm4efmals.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If everyone got rid of their 'automotive' spare tires, how much additional carbon would be created by the tow trucks (heavy vehicles turning a minimum of six tires) running around to fix all the flats of those vehicles without spares? How much GDP would be lost by all those workers waiting on having a flat fixed?

I'm sure there's some money grubbing prof just waiting to get the government grants to answer those questions...and many more pointless and futile studies. Hey, as long as the grant money keeps coming in why not go with answers the money leachers want?

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    If everyone got rid of their 'automotive' spare tires, how much additional carbon would be created by the tow trucks (heavy vehicles turning a minimum of six tires) running around to fix all the flats of those vehicles without spares? How much GDP would be lost by all those workers waiting on having a flat fixed?

I'm sure there's some money grubbing prof just waiting to get the government grants to answer those questions.

How much CO2 does a tow truck generate? I suspect they make far more calls due to improper/negligent maintenance than flats. GDP? How much for cars stuck in endless traffic? There are lots of ways to reduce the impact of automobiles; removing the spare is just one.

Yeah, all us profs are just rolling in the cash. Dammit, who wants to be a banker or hedge fund manager when you could be a prof?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    How much CO2 does a tow truck generate? I suspect they make far more calls due to improper/negligent maintenance than flats. GDP? How much for cars stuck in endless traffic? There are lots of ways to reduce the impact of automobiles; removing the spare is just one.

Yeah, all us profs are just rolling in the cash. Dammit, who wants to be a banker or hedge fund manager when you could be a prof?

So you propose adding more disabled vehicles to the roadside as a means to reduce traffic problems? The intellect is breathtaking.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Where the **** did I say that?? Thor made claims without numbers, and I asked for numbers. Troll the correct person, Woob...

Now hold on. You proposed everyone leaving their spare tires at home to save on CO2. Then you admit cars being stuck in traffic as a drain on GDP, and I will add, emissions. But disabled vehicles, and the recovery thereof, contribute to traffic issues. Spare tires reduce the number of vehicles on the roadside.

None of this is theoretical. I'm helping you understand the self-contradictory nature of your statements. If that is "trolling" to you, I would suggest you are operating under a flawed definition of the word. Also, it's woobie, which has an established definition, unlike woob, which is Twitter slang.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's getting so oppressively hot in New York due to global warming that it caused hitlary clinton to faint!

[video=youtube;BFD0Nw0iRvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD0Nw0iRvI[/video]

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Now hold on. You proposed everyone leaving their spare tires at home to save on CO2. Then you admit cars being stuck in traffic as a drain on GDP, and I will add, emissions. But disabled vehicles, and the recovery thereof, contribute to traffic issues. Spare tires reduce the number of vehicles on the roadside.

None of this is theoretical. I'm helping you understand the self-contradictory nature of your statements. If that is "trolling" to you, I would suggest you are operating under a flawed definition of the word. Also, it's woobie, which has an established definition, unlike woob, which is Twitter slang.

You wrote: "So you propose adding more disabled vehicles to the roadside as a means to reduce traffic problems?"

THEM'S YER WERDSTUFF, NOT MINE.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    It's getting so oppressively hot in New York due to global warming that it caused hitlary clinton to faint!

[video=youtube;BFD0Nw0iRvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD0Nw0iRvI[/video]

82F, in a large crowd, wearing dark clothes (because anything colorful would be "disrepectful"). Yeah, I think a lot of 68-year-olds might feel the heat.

Let's see how a bunch of much younger women, wearing much less, handled the heat in NYC this week.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    82F, in a large crowd, wearing dark clothes (because anything colorful would be "disrepectful"). Yeah, I think a lot of 68-year-olds might feel the heat.

Let's see how a bunch of much younger women, wearing much less, handled the heat in NYC this week.

Sorry dude.. That was at 9 am when it was 74 out.... But you keep on believing now ya hear?

Also.... I guess all the other heat stroke victims wearing dark clothing at the event just went unreported... Dang alt right media.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Do you honestly believe she just fainted from the heat? C'mon man. Be honest with yourself. Deep down you know damn well they're trying to hide some kind of health issue.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Can you imagine what would happen if everyone with a car that does not have a spare tire, went out at one time to buy a spare, and everyone inflated them at the same time? All the air would be sucked out of the atmosphere and everyone would die! Horrible I tell you, horrible!

I wonder if I could sell that to Algore????

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You wrote: "So you propose adding more disabled vehicles to the roadside as a means to reduce traffic problems?"

THEM'S YER WERDSTUFF, NOT MINE.

That would be sarcasm. By your protests, I can see that you understand that removing the spare tires from vehicles would have a negative effect on traffic, and find it offensive that I would suggest you can not comprehend such a basic principle.

So you are willing to make the individual lives of stranded motorists harder, the lives of everyone inconvenienced by a stranded vehicle (i.e. stuck in traffic) harder, produce the extra emissions slowed traffic generates, produce the emissions a tow truck or "spare tire delivery vehicle" creates, all to save the emissions created by vehicles carrying an extra 40 lbs around.

This is why no one wants to listen to the greenies, even when they have good ideas. Because their ideas are usually so awful and poorly thought out, that no can possibly take them seriously. And to add insult to injury, they strut around like they are the smartest person in the room, God's gift to intellect.

So very little of what you have said has made any actual sense. And that isn't just you, it is standard fare from the green movement. If a bunch of hayseeds from Indiana can demolish your arguments, perhaps you need to rethink your positions. As I said before, I want to be responsible with the environment. Let's identify actual problems, not bogeymen. Let's identify workable, cost-effective solutions to those problems. Let's implement them in ways that do not restrict individual liberty. Unfortunately, when so many in our society with the best scientific minds are either 1) contemplating their navel or 2) doing "research" with the conclusions magically favoring the corporation or movement that funded their departments, it is difficult to have confidence that we will have anything but spare tires and wind mills to show for all of this.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If it sounds like we are not taking your idea seriously it is because we are not. Asking people to not carry a spare puts them in danger (and if you don't think hanging around on the side of the road at night waiting for a tow truck carries no risk you need to get off campus more), your academic approach to peoples lives and safety is not worth being taken seriously. Since your first recommendation is unworkable in the real world I'm sure the rest just get worse...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom