Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Volcano eruptions put out a buttload of stuff. More than mere man. Guess we need to ban them.

Just in case the volcanos aren't doing enough, I loaded another 600 pounds into my SUV so I can get rid of humanity faster.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Let's review:

1) CFCs around a long time
    2) Hole found in ozone layer
    3) CFCs believed to interact with ozone in stratsophere
    4) CFCs banned
    5) Ozone hole beginning to heal

I have a BA in Physics, a BS in Math and doctorate in Education. I am not a professor.

Correlation is not causation. Logic fail.

Also, you are using Pascal's Wager. You have only substituted the actors. But the framework is exactly the same. Which leads one to this: aren't you just evangelizing your religion?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    gov't makes ridiculous gas mileage regulations.
    manufacturers resort to nonsense like removing spare tire to meet regulations.
    automotive groups advise folks to add a spare tire since the manufacturers removed them to meet regulations.
    people add spare tires.
    the reason for the manufacturer removing the tire and any effect on the environment is nullified.
    Yea for government.

-rvb

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    And therein lies the problem of climate change. We have *lots* of scientists who say it's man-made, and that we *should* try to do something about it. We were able to manage the hole in the ozone layer, but that required something from *everyone*. Now, the govt might have said, "Okay, everyone, stop using CFCs!", but I doubt most people would have agreed. They like their A/C too much.

You speak of your safety and your family, yet ignore the effects your choices might have on mine. If the scientists are right, but billions of folks ignore their advice, we're screwed. If the scientists are wrong, but billions abide by their recommendations, not much is lost.

Scientists were right about the ozone hole, despite all the "chicken little" warnings back them (I remember those). It's impact can be measured by the millions exposed to higher levels of UV radiation, and thus higher rates of skin cancer. Not much chance of a cure in those countries. However, with reduced CFC use, and alternative refrigerants, the hole is shrinking. We're fixing the problem, even though it's taken decades.

Do you want to risk being wrong about CO2 levels? Can you afford to be wrong? Well, *you* can; you'll be dead before the full effects are felt. However, your kids and grandkids won't be so lucky. They might have to deal with a Florida totally underwater; with 10-20% of the entire population of the Earth on the move because of rising sea levels. Is such a population in motion a national security risk? I think so.

Feel free to manage the minutiae in your life, so long as it doesn't impact my life, or the lives of my descendants.

Yet, you are willing to impact everyone else's life to support your suppositions. It's such fun wielding tyrannical power on others.

You want to stop global warming based your suppositions? Start with the real offenders in China or Russia and any of a host of worse offenders. But then again I don't see Greenpeace out trying to stop the ChiComs from turning coral reefs into airstrips so I guess if you're a totalitarian government your free to create whatever impact you want, besides there is no profit in complaining to those who will disregard your new found settled 'science (fiction)', no chicken little dues payers, no government largess (taxpayer theft) to fund new predetermined outcome studies.

I'm really glad we all stopped living and halted that ice age from the settled science of the '70's though. :rolleyes:

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Correlation is not causation. Logic fail.

"Correlation does not imply causation". Quote fail.

Also, you are using Pascal's Wager. You have only substituted the actors. But the framework is exactly the same. Which leads one to this: aren't you just evangelizing your religion?

Again, Pascal's Wager involves only 1 person, that person's actions/beliefs and the consequences to only that person. Climate change is a SOCIETAL issue. Your actions/inactions involve others, so to ignore society in favor of your own selfish interests pretty much makes you a d**k.

My "religion"? Whom is the deity in climate change?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Gaia or al gore/captain planet..... same difference.

03d13bfc253b23165e70de443fed30c482e02b9c684a30494231106e07e21868.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let's review:

1) CFCs around a long time
    2) Hole found in ozone layer
    3) CFCs believed to interact with ozone in stratsophere
    4) CFCs banned
    5) Ozone hole beginning to heal

I have a BA in Physics, a BS in Math and doctorate in Education. I am not a professor.

They are handing out the statistics on the hole.
    According to NASA (years ago) the hole opens and closes seasonally.
    I can not find the link as my Google-Fu is weak today.
    CFC's are on the way out but only recently in the grand scale of time and things.
    Aerosol propellants were not all CFC's. Many were other inert gases as they were easier to use and far less expensive.

In my limited ability's/knowledge I can not offer up any argument based solely on fact. I can however use my personal experiences from conversations with engineers and other very knowledgeable people who have refuted a lot of what is being force fed to the masses.
    Follow the money. Follow the huge grants. Look a what is to be lost and gained in all of this madness. Who is saying what and why. That is a serious way to address what we read and believe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    David. You assume that Trump is hiding something and therefore won't show his taxes. I agree with that. Why? Well, when he acts like he's hiding something, it's reasonable to suspect that he is. It's the same reason I am skeptical of the climate change alarmists. When they act like they're hiding something, I think it's reasonable to suspect that they are hiding something.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    "Correlation does not imply causation". Quote fail.

Again, Pascal's Wager involves only 1 person, that person's actions/beliefs and the consequences to only that person. Climate change is a SOCIETAL issue. Your actions/inactions involve others, so to ignore society in favor of your own selfish interests pretty much makes you a d**k.

No, in this case it is not causation.

See, you want me to fold and say "ok, if it's for the greater good." But you have no proof it's actually doing anything for society. You just want me to wager my family's safety on your hunch. That doesn't make me anything except a reasonable skeptic and concerned father.

Meanwhile, your flawed logic doesn't look any more convincing, no matter how you frame it. But if it makes you feel better, we'll call it David's Wager, since the obvious parallels are lost on you. Religion is just a belief system, and you have placed your faith in unverified research. I remain agnostic pending proof, and this angers the faithful.

Top Bottom