GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You know, there for a brief time we had the option to "like" a comment, and in the bottom of the post it would list who "liked" it.
    I kinda liked that better than the rep system.

Per usual, I agree with JG.

If we still had that system, I would have "liked" both of them :D

And I don't like these new smileys.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I can give rep but no points. Is this because I have mine turned off? Previously I could give both positive and negative but now the only amount offered is zero.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What's the official word on how long to wait before being able to rep somebody anyhow? It's way more than it previously was...(five or 10 people in between, or something?).

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What's the official word on how long to wait before being able to rep somebody anyhow? It's way more than it previously was...(five or 10 people in between, or something?).

The last I heard was Que saying nobody knew what happened and they were all trying to figure it out.

Lol.

Like it it was all some big mystery. :rolleyes:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The last I heard was Que saying nobody knew what happened and they were all trying to figure it out.

Lol.

Maybe Fenway changed something and is waiting to see how long it takes the Mods to find it/figure it out/change it? :):

He may just be a little ornery that way! :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Lol.

We figured it out. Just trying to see if it's going to be fixed, leave it or scrap the entire system.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We figured it out. Just trying to see if it's going to be fixed, leave it or scrap the entire system.

This is INGO, not SKYNET. The INGO servers have not become self-aware and do not write, compile, and upload their own code. And since it's highly unlikely that somebody hacked INGO just to screw with the rep system, I don't think it took anymore than an email or a phone call or PM to "figure it out." It was done on purpose, by the powers that be. And they made the rep system an even bigger joke than it ever was before which, until it happened, I didn't think was even possible.

I thought about starting a negative rep hit list, just to show my absolute disdain for what the rep system has become, but I'm pretty sure that would result in my being banned.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is INGO, not SKYNET. The INGO servers have not become self-aware and do not write, compile, and upload their own code. And since it's highly unlikely that somebody hacked INGO just to screw with the rep system, I don't think it took anymore than an email or a phone call or PM to "figure it out." It was done on purpose, by the powers that be. And they made the rep system an even bigger joke than it ever was before which, until it happened, I didn't think was even possible.

I thought about starting a negative rep hit list, just to show my absolute disdain for what the rep system has become, but I'm pretty sure that would result in my being banned.

These days it would.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I think one was started, which is partly why the change was made, albeit without the knowledge of the owner. It was an attempt to make the system fair, but nothing in life is absolutely fair. So the neg rep group did help to show the system is meaningless. Now we are just waiting on a decision to go back to the previous system or to junk it altogether.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I think one was started, which is partly why the change was made, albeit without the knowledge of the owner. It was an attempt to make the system fair, but nothing in life is absolutely fair. So the neg rep group did help to show the system is meaningless. Now we are just waiting on a decision to go back to the previous system or to junk it altogether.

Guilty, Your Honor. :D

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/304181-equalizer-neg-rep-pyramid-here.html

It didn't go far. Too many people worried about little green blips and the absence of shiny gold badges.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm talking about a hit list, not a pyramid. Someone bugs you, post it and everybody neg reps them. Lol.

Although I believe only the more juvenile among us would participate in this new movement, that was not the purpose of the rep system. Everything can't be moderated, so to prevent a member from being punished too harshly, the rep system was changed to head off this group's punishment system. So, now we all know what's gong on.

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    Quite honestly....every post I'm hoping I recieve a notification saying how funny, witty, good point, etc. Right now I'm hoping this does it for me and i get a +0 notification:nailbite:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom