Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have always fought for the rep system because some people enjoy it. I hate it when people feel just because they don't find value in something, it should be banned or removed. What about those people who enjoy the rep pyramids? Some want the political forum to go away, while others oppose the blade forum. If you don't like the threads, stay out of them!

However, with this new hiccup in the system or whatever, I would gladly agree with the system going away.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I thought the reduction in rep and power was due to using IE as my browser and not Chrome (with all its superpower attributes). I made the switch to no avail and picked up a different set of glitches...

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Was at +/- 6 after the reset now down to nothing.

I know tons of people don't care for it, abuse it, want to see it go away, etc. I actually use it generally as a way to say thanks to someone for teaching me something I didn't know, reminding me of something, or just generally good info from someone. Hmmm, sounds like that's what it was designed for, who would have guessed. I didn't care for the "double shock power!" rep though.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There is no point to the rep system.

Even if the "Rep Pyramid" threads did not exist, there is no value in rep points. Members in the political forum receive rep when other members agree with them. Members in the social threads receive rep for funny or witty remarks. Members in the more hardware-related threads may receive rep for sharing their experience or knowledge.

Here now you just need some healthy rep injections. I will rep you and send you on your way.

Sure, I can see if a member has a lot of rep points, but I don't know where a user got that rep so it doesn't help me decide if their input is valuable or not. If I run into trouble building a rifle and I come to INGO for help I don't really care how funny you are.

I am all for getting rid of the rep system entirely, but that is in no way my decision.

BTW: My rep power went from -10 to +10 down to -2 to +3, and I have no idea why. I have pretty much stopped handing out rep...I don't want to insult someone with my measly 3 points. :(

-Paul[/QUOTE

Well, if the mods got whacked too why am I complaining..........................:rolleyes:

You just need some rep to grow your influence, rep on the way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was at +/- 6 after the reset now down to nothing.

I know tons of people don't care for it, abuse it, want to see it go away, etc. I actually use it generally as a way to say thanks to someone for teaching me something I didn't know, reminding me of something, or just generally good info from someone. Hmmm, sounds like that's what it was designed for, who would have guessed. I didn't care for the "double shock power!" rep though.

Repped.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You know, there for a brief time we had the option to "like" a comment, and in the bottom of the post it would list who "liked" it.
    I kinda liked that better than the rep system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom