• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I found a clue to the great rep mystery. I don't know what it means but check this out.

Now when I go to give rep a little mouse over window pops up with a number in it next to the rep numbers.
    I am going to use that number to play the lottery.

Rep_zpsd1a47b75.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I found a clue to the great rep mystery. I don't know what it means but check this out.

Now when I go to give rep a little mouse over window pops up with a number in it next to the rep numbers.
    I am going to use that number to play the lottery.

Rep_zpsd1a47b75.jpg

If you win lunch at the local joint is on you......................;)

I really am starting to dis-like that winky face.................. ;-)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I honestly don't know why they didn't just get rid of it. It's totally pointless now. So I guess I'll keep thumbing my nose at the rep system here by repping people in the rep pyramid thread(s). If I can ever get to rep anybody more than once.

There was a time I could give 3 gold stars (almost 4) with a single rep.

Ah yes, I remember those days....good times in the old format..............:ingo:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not only did my rep power get cut in half, so did the number of people I can rep in a day.

Seriously... why didn't they just get rid of it? Can they make it any lamer and more pointless than it already is?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not only did my rep power get cut in half, so did the number of people I can rep in a day.

Seriously... why didn't they just get rid of it? Can they make it any lamer and more pointless than it already is?

There is no point to the rep system.

Even if the "Rep Pyramid" threads did not exist, there is no value in rep points. Members in the political forum receive rep when other members agree with them. Members in the social threads receive rep for funny or witty remarks. Members in the more hardware-related threads may receive rep for sharing their experience or knowledge.

Sure, I can see if a member has a lot of rep points, but I don't know where a user got that rep so it doesn't help me decide if their input is valuable or not. If I run into trouble building a rifle and I come to INGO for help I don't really care how funny you are.

I am all for getting rid of the rep system entirely, but that is in no way my decision.

BTW: My rep power went from -10 to +10 down to -2 to +3, and I have no idea why. I have pretty much stopped handing out rep...I don't want to insult someone with my measly 3 points. :(

-Paul

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Even if the "Rep Pyramid" threads did not exist, there is no value in rep points. Members in the political forum receive rep when other members agree with them. Members in the social threads receive rep for funny or witty remarks. Members in the more hardware-related threads may receive rep for sharing their experience or knowledge.

Sure, I can see if a member has a lot of rep points, but I don't know where a user got that rep so it doesn't help me decide if their input is valuable or not. If I run into trouble building a rifle and I come to INGO for help I don't really care how funny you are.

I am all for getting rid of the rep system entirely, but that is in no way my decision.

BTW: My rep power went from -10 to +10 down to -2 to +3, and I have no idea why. I have pretty much stopped handing out rep...I don't want to insult someone with my measly 3 points. :(

-Paul[/QUOTE

Well, if the mods got whacked too why am I complaining..........................:rolleyes:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

-Paul

Well, if the mods got whacked too why am I complaining..........................:rolleyes:

Don't roll your eyes at PaulF, you'll get banned! :laugh:

Disclaimer: This post was made completely in jest for the purposes of humor. No disrespect to either party is implied. Intended for continental US residents only, prices and participation may vary, not valid in Illinois, New York, or California.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom