• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Although I believe only the more juvenile among us would participate in this new movement, that was not the purpose of the rep system. Everything can't be moderated, so to prevent a member from being punished too harshly, the rep system was changed to head off this group's punishment system. So, now we all know what's gong on.

The whole point would be to point out the lameness of the rep system. Kind of like the reason I now participate in the rep pyramids when I never did before.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The whole point would be to point out the lameness of the rep system. Kind of like the reason I now participate in the rep pyramids when I never did before.

Honestly, I just don't get why some need to make sure everyone knows their dislike for the parts of INGO in which they do not like or participate. If you didn't like the rep pyramids, simply don't participate. If you don't like the classifieds section, politics or PW threads, just avoid them! It's not really that hard; don't click on it. However, when these people don't like something, they want to see it removed! Everybody doesn't like everything about INGO, but we have a diversity of areas, giving all something to appreciate.

Those who decided to use the rep system to punish other members have made their point. The rep system is visibly lame even to those of us who enjoyed giving rep to those members who provided good discussion content. So, let's see what happens with the rep system and in the meantime, you can continue to enjoy the rep you receive in the pyramid.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No you can't get rid of the rep system. I use it to suck up to JetGril.
    My messages of adoration for her witty retorts will not have the same impact without copious amounts of rep attached. :(

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm sure this "hit squad" everyone is talking about never targeted anyone who didn't deserve it. It was probably just a small group of late-night posters using what little power they had to snuff out fires while the mods were sleeping. I'm certain it wasn't the big bullying conspiracy it's being made out to be.

:shady:

I think some people are looking for a scapegoat rather than admitting that the rep system is and always has been pointless. :twocents:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Nope, I went from 6 down to zero and have never heard of the "hit squad". Be sure to give them my thanks.:n00b:

That's what I thought. I just wanted Que to say it after implying the "hit squad" that I never heard of was the reason.

Here's something new. I was at 48 points received and zero points to distribute. Been that way for a couple of weeks now. After 3 points added I'm at 51 received and now have 3 to give. Just changed since my last post here and rep received.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's something new. I was at 48 points received and zero points to distribute. Been that way for a couple of weeks now. After 3 points added I'm at 51 received and now have 3 to give. Just changed since my last post here and rep received.

Tried to rep you as a test...Nazi rep leaders say no way....................:(:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So were the people on the "hit squad" the ones who got put to a rep power of zero?

That's what I thought. I just wanted Que to say it after implying the "hit squad" that I never heard of was the reason.

The amount of rep that is distributed is random and useless. I have no idea who has what or why. The "hit squad" is the reason for the change, as stated up-thread, but I'm not sure why those with zero are at that particular level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom