• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you vote to re-elect President Obama?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ok. You say Obama does not deserve a second term and Romney does not deserve a first term.

Would you be willing to put up your EDC against mine. You win if Johnson is elected and I win if one of the two leading candidates win.

However we will both lose if Obama wins.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I actually thought that Huntsman was the best candidate. Along with Johnson - he was a western state governor with practical experience. I think he has more foreign policy experience than Johnson - and is a reasonable choice all around. So why don't I vote for him?

Heck let's take this to the extreme - I think Daffy Duck would be a better President than Obama. Why don't I vote for Daffy Duck? Daffy's got just as good as chance to win as Huntsman at this point in time! Or as Gary Johnson!

Some of us are looking at the practical , pragmatic results of our vote. Others are looking straight at principle. Many do not wish to squarely face the facts.

When the polls close in November we will either have elected Romney or Obama. Period.

You can choose to elect either of these directly or indirectly. By action or inaction.

If you choose not to decide (by voting for anyone but the above two - or not voting) you still have made a choice... (with proper credit to Neil Peart for the quote).

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Does the Diebold software tabulate all Johnson votes and count them as Obama votes?

Nope - but so we can answer your question - you have to answer one for us.

If ONLY Obama and Romney were on the ballot and you HAD to vote for one - which would it be? - honestly.

If you would honestly vote for Romney over Obama in a two-dog race - then the Diebold machine doesn't count it - but it's real.

I think you're a smart guy and understand what the term "opportunity cost" means.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I actually thought that Huntsman was the best candidate. Along with Johnson - he was a western state governor with practical experience. I think he has more foreign policy experience than Johnson - and is a reasonable choice all around. So why don't I vote for him?

Heck let's take this to the extreme - I think Daffy Duck would be a better President than Obama. Why don't I vote for Daffy Duck? Daffy's got just as good as chance to win as Huntsman at this point in time! Or as Gary Johnson!

Some of us are looking at the practical , pragmatic results of our vote. Others are looking straight at principle. Many do not wish to squarely face the facts.

When the polls close in November we will either have elected Romney or Obama. Period.

You can choose to elect either of these directly or indirectly. By action or inaction.

If you choose not to decide (by voting for anyone but the above two - or not voting) you still have made a choice... (with proper credit to Neil Peart for the quote).

The fact that there are so many "practical and pragmatic" voters is what got the the republican party a terrible candidate. A terrible candidate is likely to lose to Obama. Enjoy your your practicality and pragmatism.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    approved4.jpg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The fact that there are so many "practical and pragmatic" voters is what got the the republican party a terrible candidate. A terrible candidate is likely to lose to Obama. Enjoy your your practicality and pragmatism.

No, it's not. There's a lot of voters that didn't like Ron Paul because of his "nuttier than a squirrel turd" foreign policy, even though they liked many of the other things he was saying. RON PAUL LOST THE PRIMARY. DEAL WITH IT.
    I voted for him too. I felt it was a great way to send a message. I liked Huntsman better - but _like Gary Johnson_ , he was long gone from the Republican ballot by the time the Indiana primary rolled around.

THAT - is why Romney got the nomination - more people voted for him.

You certainly are free to "play with your Johnson"... sorry - I shouldn't use a crass reference like that. But dangit - that's all of the good it's going to do. I could write in Huntsman - and it will do me an equal amount of good.

I don't disagree that the situation stinks. It's what we choose to do from here that will make the difference. Or not.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    ^^This! Republicrats chose the wrong mormon and the wrong candidate. Again. Seems like the pragmatics are stuck in a rut and it's likely to cost them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let these 5 or 10 throw away their vote along withthose too lazy or too dumb to vote.
    Let's just pray that they and the dependent class don't outnumber us.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No, it's not. There's a lot of voters that didn't like Ron Paul because of his "nuttier than a squirrel turd" foreign policy, even though they liked many of the other things he was saying. RON PAUL LOST THE PRIMARY. DEAL WITH IT.
    I voted for him too. I felt it was a great way to send a message. I liked Huntsman better - but _like Gary Johnson_ , he was long gone from the Republican ballot by the time the Indiana primary rolled around.

THAT - is why Romney got the nomination - more people voted for him.

You certainly are free to "play with your Johnson"... sorry - I shouldn't use a crass reference like that. But dangit - that's all of the good it's going to do. I could write in Huntsman - and it will do me an equal amount of good.

I don't disagree that the situation stinks. It's what we choose to do from here that will make the difference. Or not.

I have moved on. I'm voting Johnson. Doesn't matter which of the 3 I vote for, this country will stay the course of tyranny and bankruptcy.

How many liked other candidates better than Romney in the primary but voted Romney because they "thought" he could beat Obama? I'd bet it's a he'll of a lot more people than you think.

How is the customer service of the repub party going to improve if we continue to buy their ****ty product, no matter how bad it gets? The repub nominee shoulD easily be 10 points over Obama right now. The fact hat he's behind should speak volumes. I'm not holding my breath that they'll learn their lesson.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Let these 5 or 10 throw away their vote along withthose too lazy or too dumb to vote.
    Let's just pray that they and the dependent class don't outnumber us.

Or the party could nominate a candidate that actually inspires people to vote for him/her.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It will cost you too.
    Not going to cost me anything. It's going to come down solely on the gop. They allowed this loser to run and backed him, over better candidates. I'm voting principles first. I'll sleep fine with having voted for Johnson. He's an immanently better candidate than your chosen one. Feel good about throwing your vote away on a hack. 'Cause, at the end of the day, you'll be left with nothing.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    We get to agree to disagree, hornadylnl...

It's going to improve because of the vast number of voters who value liberty (and both you and I do) has gone up. Dramatically.

I still believe that the next contested R primary (whether 2016 or 2020) will see a liberty loving candidate at the front of the pack. The Fed's actions with QE3 (or QExxxx) have me concerned for our viability that long. But I have got to think that the odds of us being around that long are better under a Romney presidency than under Obama for heaven's sake...

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    It's a moot point really. Romney has next to no chance of beating Obama. Folks should start considering who they'll want to see run in 16'. Romney can't excite his own party, good luck exciting the independents he'll need to win.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Not going to cost me anything. It's going to come down solely on the gop. They allowed this loser to run and backed him, over better candidates. I'm voting principles first. I'll sleep fine with having voted for Johnson. He's an immanently better candidate than your chosen one. Feel good about throwing your vote away on a hack. 'Cause, at the end of the day, you'll be left with nothing.

Come on mrj.. the rain falls on everyone alike... if the economy goes completely in the crapper - you will suffer right along with the rest of us. You're not THAT special... :D

Political decisions do eventually become REALITY. And the Carter-esque economic stupidity of Obama is going to come back to hurt in spades. So don't pretend that it isn't going to hurt you too.

Canes173

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    Crown Point
    Go see Obama's America 2016 if you're having trouble with who to vote for. It's all right in his own f***ing book! Maybe not as bad as ignoring Mein Kampf, but you get the idea!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We get to agree to disagree, hornadylnl...

It's going to improve because of the vast number of voters who value liberty (and both you and I do) has gone up. Dramatically.

I still believe that the next contested R primary (whether 2016 or 2020) will see a liberty loving candidate at the front of the pack. The Fed's actions with QE3 (or QExxxx) have me concerned for our viability that long. But I have got to think that the odds of us being around that long are better under a Romney presidency than under Obama for heaven's sake...

Which Romney are you talking about? The repeal Obamacare Romney, repeal and replace Romney, or the keep parts of Obamacare Romney?

You have way more faith in repub voters than I do. If Romney wins, he'll be the 2016 nominee. From most of my interactions, repubs don't give 2 shots about the repub platform, only that Obama is defeated. They're voting for "tea party" candidates that punt constitutional senate responsibilities. They change the rules every step of the way to shut out the likes of Paul. So how does a liberty loving candidate climb to the top of that pile of elephant dung?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Come on mrj.. the rain falls on everyone alike... if the economy goes completely in the crapper - you will suffer right along with the rest of us. You're not THAT special... :D

Political decisions do eventually become REALITY. And the Carter-esque economic stupidity of Obama is going to come back to hurt in spades. So don't pretend that it isn't going to hurt you too.
    I won't be bothered by the ****storm, to even a fraction of what the gop and their supporters will be. Obamney, even if he could get elected, won't do anything substantively different than the current resident of the White House. We're headed for a catastrophe and neither of them has the first clue of how to rein it in. This one falls on you guys for casting your votes for a loser. You all could abandon the turd and vote for a real liberty candidate, but you're choosing party loyalty over casting a vote in your best interest.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom