• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's the Democrats that own gun control right now, other than all of the Republicans who support it. :laugh:

Because all those Republicans voted for Universal Background Checks in the Senate, right? Believe me, I'm no friend of the GOP. Not at all. If you think I am, you haven't been paying attention.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Now she should be placed on a trial for a hate crime.

So, you believe in hate crimes? Of course you do! However, I don't see where she committed a crime, but if she did, wouldn't the two of you be guilty of the same crime?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I had supposed the thrust of the OP was that the very people who lecture the rest of us about being accepting of others' views seem to be the ones who cannot tolerate any viewpoint different from their own. We see it day after day both in some of our elected officials, in the so-called "news media", and in our popular entertainment. Such hypocrisy cries out to be exposed wherever it appears. (And when I'm being hypocritical, please feel free to point it out.)

I remember a while back, I inquired as to why these kinds of threads were being posted. I was told that after all the pushing that was going on by "them," I should not be surprised by a little push-back. So, I guess after a little while of push-back against the push-back "they" are receiving, some should expect a little push-back in return, right?

My God, will this ever end?! :xmad:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I remember a while back, I inquired as to why these kinds of threads were being posted. I was told that after all the pushing that was going on by "them," I should not be surprised by a little push-back. So, I guess after a little while of push-back against the push-back "they" are receiving, some should expect a little push-back in return, right?

Not likely.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

:D:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YleXlgHI1oM

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Where is the outrage about all the Republicans who want to strip away our rights just like the Democrats? Reagan supported the AWB and signed FOPA. A lot of this "trolling" that you allege is occurring is simply disgust at the double standard at which Republicans and Democrats are held to. It seems that in many members minds the Dems are always out to take your guns and your freedom, while Republicans want freedom and support the second amendment. In reality both parties want a huge and controlling government, the only difference is what parts of the government they want to be big.

How is it not trolling when the OP posts one thread after another about democrats, minorities who are criminals (who he refers to as "Obama voters"), gays, and unions?

JD, are you a U.S. citizen? If not, why are you trying to influence the sovereignty of our country.

What is favorite phrase that the Communist Party of Thailand uses?

Please enthrall us, and tell us about the ribbons that you wear on your government employee uniform.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So, you believe in hate crimes? Of course you do! However, I don't see where she committed a crime, but if she did, wouldn't the two of you be guilty of the same crime?

I believe that hate crimes exist. I know there are laws against hate crimes.

You do not believe that hate crimes exist, nor do you believe there are hate crime laws on the books? I'm trying to understand the first line of your quote.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    JD, are you a U.S. citizen? If not, why are you trying to influence the sovereignty of our country.

What is favorite phrase that the Communist Party of Thailand uses?

Please enthrall us, and tell us about the ribbons that you wear on your government employee uniform.

Again, you caught me. I'm a white guy from Indiana who is NOT a citizen. I live in Thailand and am involved in the illegal and banned Communist Party of Thailand. I wear ribbons on my work uniform that signify my allegiances to secret societies and represent my fight against capitalism. One of the ribbons is for undermining US sovereignty by supporting gay rights, one is for helping countless Asians illegally immigrate, another is for my maniacal plot to unionize the entire world.

I believe that the Communist phrase that I live by is "Crushing the USA, one gay union at time."

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had supposed the thrust of the OP was that the very people who lecture the rest of us about being accepting of others' views seem to be the ones who cannot tolerate any viewpoint different from their own. We see it day after day both in some of our elected officials, in the so-called "news media", and in our popular entertainment. Such hypocrisy cries out to be exposed wherever it appears. (And when I'm being hypocritical, please feel free to point it out.)

:+1: :patriot:

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For someone that's been here since 2009 you've sure missed a LOT of threads and a LOT of conversations. But it's the Democrats who own Gun Control right now. And since this is a FIREARMS FORUM, that will more than likely be the most important topic to most of the members here.

edited: but since brought up Reagan and the FOPA ... the Hughes Amendment was introduced by the Democrats as a poison pill in an effort to defeat the bill entirely. It was voted down. However, Rangel added it anyway and it got sent to Reagan. That put Reagan between a rock and a hard place. Sign it, lose machine guns. Don't sign it, lose the rest of the bill. I don't blame Reagan for the choice he made. I blame the Democrats for putting it in there in the first place.

Now, for a little more history on this:

1. The National Firearms Act of 1934 - Congress had a Democratic majority.

2. Gun Control Act of 1968 - Congress had a Democratic majority.

3. The Brady Handgun Law - Congress had a Democratic majority.

4. The Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 - Congress had a Democratic majority.

5. The Lautenberg Amendment - Made the 2nd Amendment a revocable privilege, instead of a fundamental right. Thanks, Charles Lautenberg (D).

6. Democrats defeated the Thune Amendment, denying us the right to carry - The amendment would have allowed those of us with licenses or permits to carry, to carry in all states that issue licenses or permits to carry.

7. Democrats coined the term “gun show loophole” and a never-ending quest to “close it” essentially outlawing sales between private individuals.

8. Democrats have brought us a never-ending supply of registration schemes.

9. Democrats are pushing for universal Background Checks.

10. Democrats brought us the idea that the 2nd Amendment is some sort of “collective” right, while others that mention the “people” are individual.

11. Democrats file regular lawsuits against gun companies in a shameless effort to drive them out of business.

12. Democrats brought us magazine capacity limits in some states - in Ohio, for example, a 30 round magazine is classified as a machine gun (last I checked, but granted that was a few years ago so it may have changed since then).

13. Democrats brought us unapproved firearms lists in some states - like California.

14. Democrats brought us unapproved ammunition lists - in New Jersey it is a crime to carry hollow-points.

15. Democrats implemented various assault weapon bans around the country.

I can go on with this stuff all day, all brought to us by your friendly neighborhood Democratic Party.

:+1: :wow: jdmack was :owned: (again)

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Again, you caught me. I'm a white guy from Indiana who is NOT a citizen. I live in Thailand and am involved in the illegal and banned Communist Party of Thailand. I wear ribbons on my work uniform that signify my allegiances to secret societies and represent my fight against capitalism. One of the ribbons is for undermining US sovereignty by supporting gay rights, one is for helping countless Asians illegally immigrate, another is for my maniacal plot to unionize the entire world.

I believe that the Communist phrase that I live by is "Crushing the USA, one gay union at time."

Why is the communist party banned in Thailand? How come your citizens are not allowed free speech. It seems hypocritical of you that you demand that we believe in your political beliefs, while you as a Thai government official deny freedom to your countrymen.

What percentage of Thai citizens actively supported the Japanese occupation during WW II?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    For someone that's been here since 2009 you've sure missed a LOT of threads and a LOT of conversations. But it's the Democrats who own Gun Control right now. And since this is a FIREARMS FORUM, that will more than likely be the most important topic to most of the members here.

edited: but since brought up Reagan and the FOPA ... the Hughes Amendment was introduced by the Democrats as a poison pill in an effort to defeat the bill entirely. It was voted down. However, Rangel added it anyway and it got sent to Reagan. That put Reagan between a rock and a hard place. Sign it, lose machine guns. Don't sign it, lose the rest of the bill. I don't blame Reagan for the choice he made. I blame the Democrats for putting it in there in the first place.

I can go on with this stuff all day, all brought to us by your friendly neighborhood Democratic Party.

I'm glad you don't blame Reagan for signing your freedoms away. :laugh:

How about a little history of Republicans and gun control?

I'm unaware of the votes on NFA in 1934 and GCA in 1968, but I'd venture to say a lot of Republicans voted for them.

1967: Ronald Reagan signs the Mulford Act, outlawing the carrying of firearms on one's person, on one's vehicle, or on pubic streets.

1969: Nixon says he is in favor of banning all handguns

1986: Reagan signs FOPA, which bans the registry of new machine guns

1989: Bush bans the import of "assault" weapons from foreign nations

1991: Reagan comes out in support of the Brady Bill and "urges Congress to pass it without further delay"

1994: In the Senate, 95% of Republicans vote for the Assault Weapons ban compared to 94% of Democrats.

2000: Republican mayor Rudy Giuliani sues 26 gun manufacturers in his crusade against firearms

2000: Republican governor George Pataki signs some of the nations strictest gun control laws

2008: Three Republicans and no Democrats author the Assault Weapons Ban Re-authorization Act

Please tell me again what great defenders of the second amendment Republicans are. I think they hate your guns just as much as the Democrats.

:+1: :wow: jdmack was :owned: (again)

:owned:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Why is the communist party banned in Thailand? How come your citizens are not allowed free speech. It seems hypocritical of you that you demand that we believe in your political beliefs, while you as a Thai government official deny freedom to your countrymen.

I don't know the exact reason as to why it is banned. Ask a Thai person, not an American.
    :rockwoot: I'm a free speech hating jackbooted thug now.
    What percentage of Thai citizens actively supported the Japanese occupation during WW II?
    I'm unsure as to where you are going with this, but I'll bite. I would suspect that very few people would support a foreign nation occupying their country. Many Thais fought back against the foreign invaders, kind of like the Afghans are doing today.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't know the exact reason as to why it is banned. Ask a Thai person, not an American.
    :rockwoot: I'm a free speech hating jackbooted thug now.

I'm unsure as to where you are going with this, but I'll bite. I would suspect that very few people would support a foreign nation occupying their country. Many Thais fought back against the foreign invaders, kind of like the Afghans are doing today.

I was under the impression you were a Thai citizen, my apologies. I didn't know a foreign national would be allowed to work in the Thai government. That's what was confusing me as I was contemplating your status in the government.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I believe that hate crimes exist. I know there are laws against hate crimes.

You do not believe that hate crimes exist, nor do you believe there are hate crime laws on the books? I'm trying to understand the first line of your quote.

Just because a law is on the books doesn't mean it is just. Someone once said "One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." I believe a crime is a crime. I know of no crime that is committed out of love for the victim... at least not those committed by one with a sane mind. If you believe hate crimes are just and should be enforced and the politician actually committed a hate crime, I believe you are just as guilty.

So, since you admit that you believe in hate crimes, at least you are in good company with the politician and a great deal of the liberal-minded citizens you continue to post about.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I'm unaware of the votes on NFA in 1934 and GCA in 1968, but I'd venture to say a lot of Republicans voted for them.

1967: Ronald Reagan signs the Mulford Act, outlawing the carrying of firearms on one's person, on one's vehicle, or on pubic streets.

1991: Reagan comes out in support of the Brady Bill and "urges Congress to pass it without further delay"

1994: In the Senate, 95% of Republicans vote for the Assault Weapons ban compared to 94% of Democrats.

2000: Republican mayor Rudy Giuliani sues 26 gun manufacturers in his crusade against firearms

2000: Republican governor George Pataki signs some of the nations strictest gun control laws

2008: Three Republicans and no Democrats author the Assault Weapons Ban Re-authorization Act

Please tell me again what great defenders of the second amendment Republicans are. I think they hate your guns just as much as the Democrats.

CONGRESS PASSES THESE BILLS. AND IN EVERY INSTANCE THERE WAS A DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY PASSING THEM. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE PASSED WITHOUT THAT MAJORITY. There will always be a few turncoat Republicans. We call them RINOS.

But again, if you think I'm a friend of the Republican Party, you're sadly mistaken. Very, truly, sadly mistaken.

Reagan signed the FOPA, sure. But the Hughes Amendment was put into it by Democrats. The REST of the FOPA was good for us. No matter what Reagan did you'd be blaming him. It was a lose/lose situation put on him by the Democrats. Just like the Mulford Act. Reagan signed what the whining anti-gun Democrats in California put in front of him.

And calling Republicans from New York anything but RINOs is deluded at best.

Look, I'm not disputing the Republicans had a hand in this. There is often just enough Republicans to let the Democrats get what they want, just like there often seems to be just enough Democrats to let the Republicans get what THEY want. They compromise and we all lose on both ends.

But the truth is, the vast majority of gun control laws in this country were brought to us by Democrats, starting with the National Firearms Act of 1934. Just like we're dealing with today. Democrats are trying to ram background checks down our throats, along with the few RINOS that you can count on to vote that way, like usual. But without the vast majority of Democrats voting for them, most gun control laws wouldn't exist.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

This was signed in a different, and largely as a response to the Black Panther Party.

What did Nixon do to accomplish this goal? Did he expend political capital by pressuring congress to send him a handgun ban bill?

The Hughes Amendment was fradulently passed as an amendment to FOPA, included many pro-gun measures. Reagan signed it after getting the approval of the NRA. The NRA vowed to fight the legality of the Hughes Amendment, and we're still waiting on them to honor their word.

Bush was an ass.

Reagan was likely senile at this point.

Meanwhile in 2013, there was not enough support to even force a vote for an AWB. However 48/53 (91%) Senate Democrats supported Universal Background Checks, whereas 4/45 (9%) Senate Republicans supported background checks. Tell me again that Republicans are no different in regards to the 2nd Amendment?

Gun Control tends to be an urban/rural issue. As we know, Democrats dominate urban areas, whereas Republicans dominate rurals areas. Therefore...

This didn't happen to be in the dark blue state of New York did it?

OMG. What happened to this bill!?

You didn't own anything. You claiming this lunacy is comparable to a staunch pro-choice advocate claiming that both parties are no different in regards to abortion because there is an existence of pro-choice Republicans and pro-life Democrats. However, it's quite obvious that Democrats are the party of choice for pro-choice advocates for obvious reasons. This "Republicans do it too!!!" argument is lazy and fails to see the big picture beyond a few examples.

Here is a list of the top 10 most gun-friendly states followed by a list of the top 10 least-friendly gun states. Numbers and colors from the 2012 Presidential Election.

Most Gun Friendly States (gunsandammo)

1 Arizona 53-44 Romney
    2 Vermont 67-31 Obama
    3 Alaska 55-41 Romney
    4 Utah 73-25 Romney
    5 Kentucky 61-38 Romney
    6 Wyoming 69-28 Romney
    7 Alabama 61-38 Romney
    8 Kansas 60-38 Romney
    9 Missouri 54-44 Romney

10 New Hampshire 52-46 Obama

Least Gun Friendly States (gunsandammo